Guest spinks

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DickVitale

Where did you get that info from?

Don't worry about the accuracy.  His informants are even "higher" than 4-a and 5-a people.

Once again, not talking to you....

Guest DickVitale

Have a friend in the athletic dept.

Really? Thats a heck of a deal for him!! Seriously Spinks, is it really a done deal?

Guest spinks

Really? Thats a heck of a deal for him!! Seriously Spinks, is it really a done deal?

Talked to him several times today and he would not commit to it and now he has.  6.67 million a year and will be the highest paid coach in college basketball.  Just ironing a few final things out in the contract and they may even announce him this afternoon. 

More inside info..............Mike Anderson of Mizzu to Memphis!!!!

Guest stevenash

Don't worry about the accuracy.  His informants are even "higher" than 4-a and 5-a people.

Once again, not talking to you....

Gee, by the looks of this message, it would appear that you are, in fact, talking to me.

Talked to him several times today and he would not commit to it and now he has.  6.67 million a year and will be the highest paid coach in college basketball.  Just ironing a few final things out in the contract and they may even announce him this afternoon. 

Wow...why leave the Big XII for C-USA?

Guest spinks

Wow...why leave the Big XII for C-USA?

Agree.  I personally hope he does not go to Memphis because I think he can make big splashes at Mizzou

Guest DickVitale

Well I think Cal has made it a better job, no question about it.  Anderson can keep it going. As a former Arkansas asst, that area was his old recruiting stomping grounds...He would be a good fit there.

Guest nostradamus

Cal made Memphis what it is.......there are not many people in this country who can match his recruiting abilities.  Missouri is the better job.

Dicky V good point about Anderson knowing the area from being a former Ark Asst, and furthermore he probably kept those ties going while he was the HC at UAB. 

But, Im with Nos on this one.  Cal made Memphis basketball an elite program, not the other way around.  Without him its just an above average Conf. USA program.  Not saying Anderson can't keep it going, but he has a great gig in the Big 12 where he will get exposure week in and week out.  Its simple, he would be trading Kansas for Utep, OU for SMU, and Texas for Tulsa.   

Guest spinks

Well I think Cal has made it a better job, no question about it.  Anderson can keep it going. As a former Arkansas asst, that area was his old recruiting stomping grounds...He would be a good fit there.

Agreed.

Guest spinks

Now its Anderson supposedly headed to Georgia, and Calipari trying to get his ex assistant his old gig! What the? ???

Anderson may just be trying to get more money at Mizzou?????  I dont blame him for that but if he chooses Georgia over Memphis simply for the money I will be shocked!  I have to say I looooooooooooove Anderson as a coach though!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    PressBox Stats
    Newest Member
    PressBox Stats