SHSU Announces 2010 Schedule (Lamar Date Set)

The date is not the Oct. 16 date that somehow got around, but the Kats will be visiting Beaumont on Oct. 2. Hoping that the following year (2011) will include LU visiting SHSU - which according to the schedule I have is a Oct. 22 trip. Any confirmation?

This is the hidden content, please

SAM HOUSTON STATE

9-2...at Western Illinois

9-18...at Baylor

9-25...GARDNER-WEBB

10-2...at Lamar

10-9...at Nicholls State

10-16...SOUTHEASTERN LOUISIANA

10-23...STEPHEN F. AUSTIN

10-30...at Northwestern State

11-6...McNEESE STATE

11-13...at Central Arkansas

11-20...TEXAS STATE-SAN MARCOS

The date is not the Oct. 16 date that somehow got around, but the Kats will be visiting Beaumont on Oct. 2. Hoping that the following year (2011) will include LU visiting SHSU - which according to the schedule I have is a Oct. 22 trip. Any confirmation?

SAM HOUSTON STATE

9-18...at Baylor

9-25...GARDNER-WEBB

10-2...at Lamar

10-9...at Nicholls State

11-6...McNEESE STATE

TBA...STEPHEN F AUSTIN

You tell us TT..............you seem to think that you get the info before people on this board do!!!!!! :D :D :D

SAM HOUSTON STATE

9-18...at Baylor

9-25...GARDNER-WEBB

10-2...at Lamar

10-9...at Nicholls State

11-6...McNEESE STATE

TBA...STEPHEN F AUSTIN

Am I reading this right?  You guys play SFA twice?

Fixed the SFA thing...

Funny... I thought that you said y'all's schedule was set and Sam wasn't playing Lamar??

I thought it was set because the PV series got moved back following the hurricanes. We had already had WIU, Baylor and G-Webb on tap plus the PV game. Apparently, PV has dropped off our radar and that series may never happen. Really wanted to see it and we still could, but not in 2009 or 2010.

Guest coachacola

Fixed the SFA thing...

Funny... I thought that you said y'all's schedule was set and Sam wasn't playing Lamar??

I thought it was set because the PV series got moved back following the hurricanes. We had already had WIU, Baylor and G-Webb on tap plus the PV game. Apparently, PV has dropped off our radar and that series may never happen. Really wanted to see it and we still could, but not in 2009 or 2010.

What's the appeal of PV?  Does that draw a lot of fans?  They are not exactly a football powerhouse.

What's the appeal of PV?  Does that draw a lot of fans?  They are not exactly a football powerhouse.

With PV...

1) Close to Huntsville (and Houston)

2) They have gotten better as a football team, so while they are not a power, they are a good test with some solid athletes

3) A Division I game instead of a Div II game. We had to put St. Joseph's (Div II) on our schedule when PV dropped out late. There are no Div II games on the slate in 2010 and probably won't be in 2011.

4) Their band coming to SHSU would help draw fans

5) Have to believe they would travel and our fans would travel there, good boost for both teams

With PV...

1) Close to Huntsville (and Houston)

2) They have gotten better as a football team, so while they are not a power, they are a good test with some solid athletes

3) A Division I game instead of a Div II game. We had to put St. Joseph's (Div II) on our schedule when PV dropped out late. There are no Div II games on the slate in 2010 and probably won't be in 2011.

4) Their band coming to SHSU would help draw fans

5) Have to believe they would travel and our fans would travel there, good boost for both teams

i agree a PV series would be great for all the above reasons

SHSU should be an easy win for LU. Woodard should play all ther back-ups.

Nah, this is not a UNLV team that has more entertainment in the stands (especially when Hawaii visits or vice-versa) than on the field. Of course, you must have some great vision to see what kind of talent each will have in 2010...

SHSU should be an easy win for LU. Woodard should play all ther back-ups.

Nah, this is not a UNLV team that has more entertainment in the stands (especially when Hawaii visits or vice-versa) than on the field. Of course, you must have some great vision to see what kind of talent each will have in 2010...

It's SHSU, this team is beaten by everyone. LU last football beat SHSU 48-0.

Of course, that last victory was preceded by a few SHSU wins over LU - including wins when the Kats were a lower classification than the Cards. UNLV - whatcha going to do if LU loses to Langston? Or one of those other sub-Div I teams, something that was a bit of tradition during their last tenure in SETX? :o

Of course, that last victory was preceded by a few SHSU wins over LU - including wins when the Kats were a lower classification than the Cards. UNLV - whatcha going to do if LU loses to Langston? Or one of those other sub-Div I teams, something that was a bit of tradition during their last tenure in SETX? :o

LU might lose a few games the first year, maybe as many as 4, but I know none of the 4 loses will be to SHSU.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    anjali43
    Newest Member
    anjali43