best pitcher in south east texas

Guest beat-em_deep

Matt Hicks. Nate S. from West Brook would have been a close 2nd before the arm injury. Kirby Bellow is also in the discussion, imagine what he could do if he wasn't throwing a few hundred passes a day in spring football.

Yea! that has to be tiring

Well children I've seen Hicks, Bellow, and Svoboda all throw and all are very talented players. But hands down Svoboda was the better of the three. He's 6'3" 160 lbs and was hitting the low 90's consistently before the surgery......and the kids not just a thrower either, he's a pitcher thats spots up and has a wicked slurve with a very nice change up. Well enough about the only draft pick that will coming out of setx this year.......lets here what you 3a homers have to say about how much better hicks is...i know its coming.

Well children I've seen Hicks, Bellow, and Svoboda all throw and all are very talented players. But hands down Svoboda was the better of the three. He's 6'3" 160 lbs and was hitting the low 90's consistently before the surgery......and the kids not just a thrower either, he's a pitcher thats spots up and has a wicked slurve with a very nice change up. Well enough about the only draft pick that will coming out of setx this year.......lets here what you 3a homers have to say about how much better hicks is...i know its coming.

Well I for 1 think you should change your name here....

Statistics at this point are meaningless. I am 49 years old and there are some teams out there that even I would look good against--ok maybe that is stretching it a little but the point is that without a very close analysis it is just a shot in the dark IMO

Stats usually in baseball are everything to a lot of people.

I understand completely but w/o analyzing them they can be twisted to mean anything--for instance a shutout, no-hitter, perfect game, or even a win is not the same thing if you are pitching against ozan or against png--the same is true if your defense is great or pathetic and so on ....

so at this point it is meaningless until a full picture can be viewed later in the season

I've seen alot of baseball this year from all teams and I would say that Hicks has been the most dominate. He hasn't had the run support, so almost every game he has to pitch is with a 1 or 2 run lead, which is completely different with a 5 run lead.

I seen Hicks and Svoboda both pitch against LCM, Hicks won that battle.

Sorry Bears fans and players but when a player no-hits LC-M with 16 Ks and only had two baserunners, something special is going on.

I'm with admin, Hicks is the most dominant.

There are others though in our area that are great HS pitchers. Whitson, Statum, Brown, Bellow, Spikes, Hester, Waddell...I know I'm missing some. If you play ball in SE Texas, you better learn to manufacture runs.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ashworth32
    Newest Member
    ashworth32

• Regardless of the offense, kids need a reason or purpose to play football. Normally, for most kids, football is something they genuinely enjoy playing, because most players won’t be suiting up on Saturdays. At the end of the day, the most successful teams have kids and coaches that genuinely love the game and get joy and fulfillment playing it.  Vidor’s two current biggest issues are the lack of appeal to play the game and a lack of community support. The offense has been the same for years, and Mathews did a great job of getting the kids and community behind his teams year in and year out. Vidor’s whole identity was being a team you hated to play because you knew you were in for a long physical night. That made the game fun for the kids who played, and they took a lot of pride in it. Currently, I would argue that the toxic attitude of the community towards the offense and Dubois in general is the biggest thorn in the team’s side. The need for instant gratification from fans is what is fueling it all. When the players go home or out in the community and hear: how bad the offense is, how bad the defense is, or how bad the coaching is, the players will begin to lose pride in the program, and the game is no longer fun. This leads to discipline issues and players quitting. Vidor has lost their identity and Dubois and the offensive scheme isn’t the culprit. The Vidor community needs to leave their objections of who they hired at the door and let the man work if they wanna be successful in the future. 
    • We will see i heard they pretty dam good 3 losses but all to great teams
    • Yes. May have been Jimmies. What I’m seeing is a lot more teams going back to more ‘traditional style’ offenses. These things go in cycles, and it’s very difficult for all but mega schools to consistently find QB’s who can really be effective with a true spread type offense year in and year out. I’d venture to guess most schools have an outstanding QB that can win a game almost on their own only every few years if that, and that’s what you need for the ‘high flying’ spreads. So coaches go for the O’s that they can groom the majority of kids to be successful running, and take advantage of the superstar’s skills more within that O when they get them.
    • Always a great game… with big Ned on the road to far, I’m going to attend this one. Give me PAM! Tank going to have a 3 sack game 😎😎
    • That last one cost me $50
  • Topics