BISD FAILS TO SUPPLY ENTERPRISE WITH LIST OF APPLICANTS

Guest Ozen

Guest nostradamus

A school district has 10 days from the official request to provide that information....most school districts wait the full 10 days if they don't want it out.  10 days from today is April 18th which is two days after they are supposed to hire.

A school district has 10 days from the official request to provide that information....most school districts wait the full 10 days if they don't want it out.  10 days from today is April 18th which is two days after they are supposed to hire.

That's assuming that the Enterprise asked for that list today. They could have asked for it last week and maybe the 10 days have passed and Ozen still hasn't complied. I don't think the article stated when the media asked for the list.

Guest nostradamus

The article says they asked for them on Tuesday.  It also lists several other examples (including PNG and Jasper) of schools they waited as long as they could to release lists.  I honestly don't blame them for not wanting to release a list.  You need to remember that people that have applied for this job are currently holding other jobs.  Why would anyone want their name plastered all over the newspaper/news if they haven't even been offered the job.  Believe me, there are school districts that take it personal if you apply for another job and there is no sense in causing trouble for applicants.  This is one of the few (if not only) professions where when you apply for another job, the list of applicants becomes public information and where anyone actually cares who has applied for a job.  What people forget is that the people that have applied have lives at their current place of employment and relationships there that have to be dealt with delicately.  I don't blame BISD one bit and, I would be doing the same thing.  In fact, I don't know why they released any names.  They should have kept the full list private as long as possible until the AG tells them to release it.

The article says they asked for them on Tuesday.  It also lists several other examples (including PNG and Jasper) of schools they waited as long as they could to release lists.  I honestly don't blame them for not wanting to release a list.  You need to remember that people that have applied for this job are currently holding other jobs.  Why would anyone want their name plastered all over the newspaper/news if they haven't even been offered the job.  Believe me, there are school districts that take it personal if you apply for another job and there is no sense in causing trouble for applicants.  This is one of the few (if not only) professions where when you apply for another job, the list of applicants becomes public information and where anyone actually cares who has applied for a job.  What people forget is that the people that have applied have lives at their current place of employment and relationships there that have to be dealt with delicately.  I don't blame BISD one bit and, I would be doing the same thing.  In fact, I don't know why they released any names.  They should have kept the full list private as long as possible until the AG tells them to release it.

Good post Nos. I totally agree with you. I never wanted PNG to give up their list. I was saying that if PNG had to give up their's, then Ozen should have to do the same.

Also, it did say in the article that the media asked for the list on Tuesday, my bad. You are right, Ozen can wait till next Friday to give the list up, which will not matter as they will have made their decision by then.

My question is this, why isn't there an outrage of media wanting to get the list from Ozen like there was with PNG?

Answer, because football is King around here! ;D

Guest nostradamus

LOL!  Please know I wasn't jumping on anyone in that post....I was just stating it from a coach's perspective.  The biggest difference to me is when the request took place.  This WHOLE THING has been very low key so it is not surprising that they were late in getting in the request.

It happened to me when I applied for the job at Kountze when Joubert got it.  He and I were finalists and they had it plastered all over the 10 o'clock news.  I got flooded with calls in Jasper because I had played it all very low key since I didn't know what was going to happen and all of my decisions were based on my family and my son's health at the time.  It made it very difficult for me having to explain 1,000 different times what was going on.....and had I chosen to stay in Jasper there would have been some people still upset that I had applied for other jobs......even though my reasons had everything to do with my son's health and nothing to do with finding another job.

I would prefer the list be published so that everyone can see who the "jokers" are that applied for this prestigious job!!!!!::) ::) ::)

Or was this just a horse and pony show as I was told in a PM from a former member of this board? ;D ;D ;D

I guess if one of the top coaches in the state applied for this job he would have no chance at getting it right???? ::) ::) ::)

AAW,

Was there a round table??  I didn't see that.  I go to bed pretty early.......I very seldom see the news.

I was talking about when some local media guys got on what was then NBC local affiliate Channel 4 and had a "round table" discussion over why PNG would not release the names of their applicants.

Guest nostradamus

I don't think any ISD believes they will actually not have to give up the list.......they just draw it out as long as possible in order not to have the names out there.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gametyme05
    Newest Member
    Gametyme05