Lamar vs. Sam

I really do not understand baseball. How do you win by so much in the first game then in the 2nd get blown out, then lose the 3rd game.  How does a team get 10 runs better in a matter of ONE day.  I seriously am wondering I don't know much about baseball.

I really do not understand baseball. How do you win by so much in the first game then in the 2nd get blown out, then lose the 3rd game.  How does a team get 10 runs better in a matter of ONE day.  I seriously am wondering I don't know much about baseball.

SHSU got a bad pitching effort the opening day, which is why they fell behind so early in the first game of the series. Kats had much better performances in the field, at the plate and on the mound over the next two days.

Got to have three things - pitching, batting and defense. It's like football, just more "Any Given Day" as even the best pitcher can lay an egg and really stink it up. Just like any hitter, can go into a slump or get really, really hot.

Because baseball is more of an individual sport than most. A great pitching performance can be followed by two lousy pitching performance and bingo. This is why they play a three game series or even a seven game series in the MLB to see who the better team is in the playoffs. If they played a single game then the team with the best pitcher would probably win every time, not necessarily the best team.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gametyme05
    Newest Member
    Gametyme05