Bridge City Cardinal Stadium

There has been a lot of new and updated football stadiums in the golden triangle. New turfs and score boards and such. Bridge City's football stadium is in need of repairs IMO. I sat on the visitors side last year (or the year before) when BC scrimaged Newton and there was a lot work that needed to be done on the visitor's side. There were some loose boards that fans could possible trip on and be hurt. Law suit. The whole side needed up grading. The home side does not seem to be in bad shape except that it faces the west and sun is in your eyes through out the first half or most of it. I know that Sim's school was closed because of hurricane Ike and I have heard that it will not be reopened. Not sure if it will or not. The district has a lot of repairs to make so I know that a new stadium is out of the question for now. It would be nice if a local company could donate a jumbotron to the school like some companies did in mid county.

i have always liked the stadium at Bridge City.  it has one of the bigest visitors side in "3A". the parking is good. easy in and easy out.  i know the bleachers are old but i like that.  it reminds me of the old days. i really feel for the people of Bridge City. they have suffered too much from that hurricane, ike.  dont worry about your stadium. its just fine. 

I think that as part of the national stimulus plan (since we have already paid the taxes or will be taxed for it in the future), we need to update all school stadiums in the area. No need to add an additional burden on local taxpayers for money that we have already sent in or will be taxed for in the future. Why spend millions on a study to see what the mating prospects are for the Gypsy Moth when it could go to something that will benefit the local communities?

Cardinal stadium is okay I guess. The new press box is nice but could use another phone line. The size of the home side is about as big as it needs to be. If BC ever becomes a power house then it probably would need to be a little bit bigger but is about the right size now. What I don't like is that the home side faces the sun in early fall. On a clear day it is hard to watch the game with the sun blaring in your eyes and it is hotter than if the sun was behind you. The only solution to that is to swap sides, home to visitors, add to the stadium seating and build a new press box. That would be very expensive and not feasible right now. I still do wish that a local company would donate a jumbotron to the school. I keep reading how PNG and Nederland have these nice jumbotrons and did not cost the tax payers anything.

Cardinal stadium is okay I guess. The new press box is nice but could use another phone line. The size of the home side is about as big as it needs to be. If BC ever becomes a power house then it probably would need to be a little bit bigger but is about the right size now. What I don't like is that the home side faces the sun in early fall. On a clear day it is hard to watch the game with the sun blaring in your eyes and it is hotter than if the sun was behind you. The only solution to that is to swap sides, home to visitors, add to the stadium seating and build a new press box. That would be very expensive and not feasible right now. I still do wish that a local company would donate a jumbotron to the school. I keep reading how PNG and Nederland have these nice jumbotrons and did not cost the tax payers anything.

Last time I checked it was Larry B. Ward Stadium? lol

Last time I checked it was Larry B. Ward Stadium? lol

I stand corrected, Thanks

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    PressBox Stats
    Newest Member
    PressBox Stats