Playoff question

Guest etbu

I don't remember who it was but it would be the same as in football and basketball I would assume.

I don't think so bc first team has a bye right? Had this discussion for the past week and thought some coach on here could help.

To ETBU:

Looking at the Brackets its looks...If BC wins out in 21-3A; they win there they face the possible bracket-winner --  runner-up of 24-3A. Which is probably Rockdale who has lost to powerful Taylor 5-2 and Cameron Yoe 10-8.  However it could also possibly end up against Cameron Yoe who lost to Taylor 2-4 and also Taylor 9-5.

How does Huffman project out, if they win District in 22-3A ?

I checked it out and Huffman might possibly play the team(Rockdale or Cameron Yoe) that BC ends up not playing....LOL  ;D

To EBTU:  This is an unusual situation, as I see it.......There are no Districts 23 nor 30 this year.

Therefore, the THIRD team draws a "bye" also from 24-3A, just as you do.. ::) LOL ..in 22-3A.

Same thing is happening down in Region IV with 30-3A being non-existant!  You can look at it that both teams draw a Bye and start play the second week...

So at this point Huffman will play third place team from 24-3A

Following the other bracket play-- runner-up in 21-3A vs third in 22-3A--winner--gets to play the winner of 24-3A.  Likewise, runner-up of 22-3A vs Third in 21-3A--winner-- gets to by-pass the second round, since the is no 23-3A winner because no 23-3A District exist. ::) ...Sounds like coming in third in 21-3A and beating a runner-up from 22-3A automatically projects you to the third round of play!..... A real playoff advantage........Confusing???

To EBTU:  It looks like BC has to win one game and then face another good 21-3A opponent again.

Likewise, Huffman has to win one game and them face TAYLOR from 24-3A and rated #2 or #3...

These second games will be(get this), Quarterfinal games.......

Of course the District games remaining for 21-3A and 22-3A are very important; however, the six teams that make the playoff Bracket play schedules: are fair info discussion exchange this time of year.

It is quite confusing since there are 3 extra "byes" above the typical-- 7 winners byes--in post season for whoever fills these spots.

EastTx it is very confusing but just trying to look ahead to see the possibilities. Who is all in district 24? Not to sound like a retard but just wondering. Never been down this road bc in the past always hit the GT first.

There are 3 good teams in that stout 24-3A District........Taylor should be #1 in 3A--played a tough schedule. Ranked in the top 5, anyway.

Cameron Yoe and Rockdale are really good also.  They would be District winners in most Districts.

I saw the Cameron Yoemen team at Madisonville Thursday night while on a little vacation-- they are good.  They drop to 2A next alignment--look out 2As for both their baseball and softball teams!

Get by Taylor and you could well win that side of the Region III bracketing.  Huffman is really staying focused over in 22-3A...

W    L              W      L      T

Taylor                  9      0            17        3      0

Rockdale              7      2            17        5      0

Cameron Yoe        6      2            9        10    0

Navasota            4      4            10        8      0

Bryan Rudder        3      6            10        8      1

Caldwell              1      7            3        11    0

Madisonville        0      9            2        12    1

There are 3 good teams in that stout 24-3A District........Taylor should be #1 in 3A--played a tough schedule. Ranked in the top 5, anyway.

Cameron Yoe and Rockdale are really good also.  They would be District winners in most Districts.

I saw the Cameron Yoemen team at Madisonville Thursday night while on a little vacation-- they are good.  They drop to 2A next alignment--look out 2As for both their baseball and softball teams!

Get by Taylor and you could well win that side of the Region III bracketing.  Huffman is really staying focused over in 22-3A...

Thanks ET for the info but Huffman is really banged up right now. Their number one pitcher will be out for the next two to three weeks. If they get him back by the playoff's maybe but otherwise not good. Thanks again.

Guest Orangeboy

The bye thing happens in all 4 regions. For some reason there is a missing district in each region.  ??? Not sure if it is an advantage to play in the first week. then get a bye in the 2nd round and have no one to play that week. Your only option for playing would be go to a neighbor region and play their team that has a bye for a warmup game.

To ETBU:

Looking at the Brackets its looks...If BC wins out in 21-3A; they win there they face the possible bracket-winner --  runner-up of 24-3A. Which is probably Rockdale who has lost to powerful Taylor 5-2 and Cameron Yoe 10-8.  However it could also possibly end up against Cameron Yoe who lost to Taylor 2-4 and also Taylor 9-5.

How does Huffman project out, if they win District in 22-3A ?

I checked it out and Huffman might possibly play the team(Rockdale or Cameron Yoe) that BC ends up not playing....LOL   ;D

Ok ET someone ask me tonight who you were and told them the smartest man in Orange County. Ha OK given the fact that I cannot see the bracket on the UIL site will you please tell me who we play IF we win out? Not only that but about when and where if you don't mind. Not that I am a level three retard but HELP. Thanks

ETBU if Huffman wins the district they will get a first round bye then get the 3rd place team from 24-3A in the second round, either Taylor, Rockdale or Cameron Yoe

I love you younger bucks that have a wealth of knowledge. Thanks my man and hope to see you soon at another game of some sorts at Lamar.  ;D

ETBU if Huffman wins the district they will get a first round bye then get the 3rd place team from 24-3A in the second round, either Taylor, Rockdale or Cameron Yoe

I love you younger bucks that have a wealth of knowledge. Thanks my man and hope to see you soon at another game of some sorts at Lamar.  ;D

Hopefully we will meet up at a playoff game in a few weeks between OF and Huffman!

Hopefully we will meet up at a playoff game in a few weeks between OF and Huffman!

Hope not.

Hope not.

Why not?  :D

Hope not.

Just have my reasons and not limited to getting a first round bye. Nuff said? Besides last time we played you guys was in BH and was not to much fun. I still have flashbacks from that series.  :'(

Hope not.

Just have my reasons and not limited to getting a first round bye. Nuff said? Besides last time we played you guys was in BH and was not to much fun. I still have flashbacks from that series.  :'(

I remember that series very well  ;D

I have great respect for the Huffman baseball program and know that you guys are tough competition. If we are lucky enough to get that far, it will not be a cake walk against you guys. Best of luck to you the rest of the way

Guest Gotcha

First I heard of the Huffman pitcher being out.  Do you know if he will be back for the liberty game or not?  If not then does anyone know who Huffman may throw.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ashworth32
    Newest Member
    ashworth32

• Hutch and the Cardinals by 40 BC is BACK!!!
    • Regardless of the offense, kids need a reason or purpose to play football. Normally, for most kids, football is something they genuinely enjoy playing, because most players won’t be suiting up on Saturdays. At the end of the day, the most successful teams have kids and coaches that genuinely love the game and get joy and fulfillment playing it.  Vidor’s two current biggest issues are the lack of appeal to play the game and a lack of community support. The offense has been the same for years, and Mathews did a great job of getting the kids and community behind his teams year in and year out. Vidor’s whole identity was being a team you hated to play because you knew you were in for a long physical night. That made the game fun for the kids who played, and they took a lot of pride in it. Currently, I would argue that the toxic attitude of the community towards the offense and Dubois in general is the biggest thorn in the team’s side. The need for instant gratification from fans is what is fueling it all. When the players go home or out in the community and hear: how bad the offense is, how bad the defense is, or how bad the coaching is, the players will begin to lose pride in the program, and the game is no longer fun. This leads to discipline issues and players quitting. Vidor has lost their identity and Dubois and the offensive scheme isn’t the culprit. The Vidor community needs to leave their objections of who they hired at the door and let the man work if they wanna be successful in the future. 
    • We will see i heard they pretty dam good 3 losses but all to great teams
    • Yes. May have been Jimmies. What I’m seeing is a lot more teams going back to more ‘traditional style’ offenses. These things go in cycles, and it’s very difficult for all but mega schools to consistently find QB’s who can really be effective with a true spread type offense year in and year out. I’d venture to guess most schools have an outstanding QB that can win a game almost on their own only every few years if that, and that’s what you need for the ‘high flying’ spreads. So coaches go for the O’s that they can groom the majority of kids to be successful running, and take advantage of the superstar’s skills more within that O when they get them.
  • Topics