**Silsbee at OF Updates..OF Wins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!**

Guest Orangeboy

Can't blame the Silsbee coaches for walking Felts even though he was the winning run. I make someone other than Felts beat me. Hats off to the Angelle kid.

what a game. this was truly a team effort from angelle's two big hits in the 6th and 7th innings and peevey's crucial hit to q evans huge triple in the 6th scoring both angelle and peevey. in the 7th deramus's double put OF on position to win. statum and felt without a doubt are incredible players, but they are not the only players you have to worry about on this team.

Bobcatfan4life's Story!!!!

Bobcats rally to stump Silsbee

Mark Marshall

The Orange Leader

ORANGEFIELD — The Orangefield Bobcats faced all kinds of adversity over the last few days but did what they had to do to take a crucial 7-6 win over the Silsbee Tigers in a game that started last Friday.

The game was stopped because of bad weather Friday night with two outs in the bottom of the sixth and a Bobcat runner on third base and Silsbee leading 5-4.

The game picked up Monday afternoon at that point but Kyle Fontenot struck out to end the inning with Silsbee still up 5-4 going to the seventh. In the top of the seventh Silsbee would up their lead to 6-4 when Chase Kelly ripped an RBI double to center field to score Rodney Massey.

Orangefield (18-8, 5-3) fought back in the bottom of the seventh. Josh Watson led off with a pop up to second base but the ball was lost in the sun and dropped and Watson was able to reach base.

The next two batters struck out before Jonathan Deramus sent a pitch deep into right center field to score Watson from first and making the score 6-5 Tigers. Silsbee then intentionally walked Jacob Felts to get to Chase Angelle. Angelle would make them pay as he hammered a Lance Brown offering to deep center field as Deramus and Felts came in to score and give the Bobcats a huge 7-6 win.

With Silsbee (8-13, 2-6) leading 5-2 the Bobcats scratched for 2 runs in the bottom of the sixth before the game was halted to make it 5-4. Angelle and Zach Peevey had back to back singles and then Quinton Evans brought them home on a RBI triple.

After the game head Coach Jeff Bennett was proud of the effort put forth by his Bobcats. “These kids have battled all year to get to this point†said Bennett. “I talked to my coaches before the game today and we felt like they would walk Felts if the situation came up. They did and Angelle came up huge for us. This win is big because of how tight the playoff race is coming down the stretch. I told the kids to enjoy this win today but realize we have to turn around and play Bridge City tomorrow.â€

Brock Whitson started the game on the mound for the Bobcats and allowed just 1 run through 5 1/3 innings. Lance Brown went the distance for the Tigers and gave up 7 runs on 8 hits. The win puts Orangefield one game ahead of WO-S (4-4 in district) with 2 games to go in the regular season. The Bobcats will travel to rival Bridge City tonight before hosting the Mustangs for senior night Friday in a game that should have huge playoff implications.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gametyme05
    Newest Member
    Gametyme05