Question about tides?

Guest baseball25

Guest baseball25

If the tide chart indicates a high tide at 1:30 P.M., does that mean the tide is at its highest, coming in, or starting to flow out?

also pay attention to the times and locations.  High tide in Galveston is not at the same time as Sabine Pass.

.... and Sabine Pass is not the same as the Sabine Coast Guard station and it is not the same as the Pleasure Island causeway and it is not the same as Pleasure Island Marina........

They usually put high tide for the coast but you can look and see the tides for farther inland. The farther you go away from the coast, the longer the lag time. If high tide is 1:30PM at the Sabine Pass jetties (probably what you see in the paper) then it might be 3:30PM at the Pleasure Island Marina. Simply looking at the Sabine Pass tides won't give you the entire picture.

Heres a site with a few other reporting stations around Sabine Lake other than Mesquite Point or Sth of, if you look there are stations listed; the one showing Neches River is located at the Rainbow bridge, the one showing Port Author is in the river along Pleasure Island, you can get the GPS #s listed from each pg and enter it @ Google Earth for the exact locations. 

This is the hidden content, please
The other one I also use is

Heres a site with a few other reporting stations around Sabine Lake other than Mesquite Point or Sth of, if you look there are stations listed; the one showing Neches River is located at the Rainbow bridge, the one showing Port Author is in the river along Pleasure Island, you can get the GPS #s listed from each pg and enter it @ Google Earth for the exact locations. 

Holey Moley...I've been on here for 3 yrs and never knew this fishing forum was down at the bottom!  Cool...I'll be back!

use both of those and they are good sites for tides...just have to pick the one nearest your fishing area and adjust for distance.  Keep in mind that wind direction/speed can make a big difference in tidal flow heights, especially on Trinity Bay where I haunt.  Probably not so much in Sabine I'd guess.

• 2 weeks later...

Holey Moley...I've been on here for 3 yrs and never knew this fishing forum was down at the bottom!  Cool...I'll be back!

use both of those and they are good sites for tides...just have to pick the one nearest your fishing area and adjust for distance.  Keep in mind that wind direction/speed can make a big difference in tidal flow heights, especially on Trinity Bay where I haunt.  Probably not so much in Sabine I'd guess.

Welcome Hillguy.  This is where the normal people hide out. (Not counting me and tvc of course)

Welcome Hillguy.  This is where the normal people hide out. (Not counting me and tvc of course)

We are professionally challenged.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Zachary Latham
    Newest Member
    Zachary Latham