minimum of fifteen (15) sports

UNLV

All schools wanting to be DI must have a minimum of fifteen (15) sports...

If we count football, Lamar has 14. After softball, bowling, and swimming is added, Lamar will have 17.

How is the other SLC doing on the 15?

I did a quick count so excuse me if I made a mistake.

CC = 11

UTA,SHSU, NW = 12

TSU= 13

Remaining SLC has 14 or greater.

If we count football, Lamar has 14. After softball, bowling, and swimming is added, Lamar will have 17.

CC = 11

UTA,SHSU, NW = 12

TSU= 13

All of these schools are already D1. What are you referring to? Are you referring to the 15 sport minimum the Sun Belt Conference requires?

CC = 11

UTA,SHSU, NW = 12

TSU= 13

All of these schools are already D1. What are you referring to? Are you referring to the 15 sport minimum the Sun Belt Conference requires?

I thought a new NCAA rule will require 15 sports.

Guest DickVitale

Thats the rule for NEW league entry into Division I, i.e, Houston Baptist University. I don't know if thats a Sun Belt rule or not, but MOST mid to low major schools DO NOT have 15 total sports.

UNLV - your counting skills are reminiscent of a joint math class between Texas State-San Marcos and Lamar.  ;)

DickVitale - you must be in the same math class...  ;D

Did you forget that track and field counts twice (indoor and outdoor)...? T&F itself is six sports if you have men's and women's (MXC, WXC, MITF, WITF, MOTF and WOTF). Must have since I count Lamar with 16 sports.

How many times do we need to go through this on this board? Someone trying to stir the pot?

SHSU has 17 sports when we add bowling...

Sam Houston State currently competes in 16 intercollegiate sports at the NCAA Division I level as a member of the Southland Conference. Men’s sports are football, basketball, baseball, golf, cross country and both indoor and outdoor track and field. Women’s sports include volleyball, basketball, golf, tennis, soccer, softball, cross country and both indoor and outdoor track and field.

The rules are...

14 sports for Div I non-football schools

16 sports for Div I football schools

And the Sun Belt rule question - 15 CONFERENCE sports.

ALSO - look for the Southland to add SAND VOLLEYBALL. It will count as it's own sport and will be to volleyball what XC is to track and field.

Guest DickVitale

OK TexasTerror you make a good point so I won't rip you a new one today, but I KNEW those numbers did not sound right....I was not counting the men's AND women's track and field (indoor and outdoor) ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    anjali43
    Newest Member
    anjali43