Kendrick Perkins (Ozen) Boston Celtics

Guest 11/13Dad

Guest 11/13Dad

Seems like there would be a little love on this board for the Ozen graduate Kendrick Perkins with the Celtics.  Have I just missed it?

Guest DickVitale

My man, there are a lot of people on here that HATE Ozen, so naturally, they do not like the fact that Perk is doing so well. Had he been a Nederland, PNG, or GOD FORBID a HJ grad, they would be ALL OVER him...Remember these were the same people on here that swore he would not make it in the NBA, because he was "out of shape". 6 years and a NBA championship ring later as a STARTER, the hate continues...It is what it is. They hate Stephen Jackson too on here....It baffles me as well.

Guest 11/13Dad

My man, there are a lot of people on here that HATE Ozen, so naturally, they do not like the fact that Perk is doing so well. Had he been a Nederland, PNG, or GOD FORBID a HJ grad, they would be ALL OVER him...Remember these were the same people on here that swore he would not make it in the NBA, because he was "out of shape". 6 years and a NBA championship ring later as a STARTER, the hate continues...It is what it is. They hate Stephen Jackson too on here....It baffles me as well.

Thank you for clearing that up.  Seems like that is a common occurence across all the forums on SETX.  There are some sports fans here and not just homers.  I noticed the guy and could not believe I had not read anything on him in the basketball forum.  Thanks for the 411.

Guest DickVitale

OK you are talking 40 and 50+ years experience as opposed to 22! I wouldn't put him above them either, but if I had to choose one at the 22 year mark......Boutte hands down!!

Guest spinks

You know what you guys should take this as...........NOT SUPPORTING ONE OF YOURS!!! You guys bash HJ and other schools all the time for talking about how great our people are.  YOU guys are the ones who should start the topics about your own.  There were people who questioned whether Perkins would be better if he went to college for a year.   No one ever said he would not make it.  We could still debate if college were the right move for him from a player development standpoint.  From a money standpoint he clearly made the right move and was lucky to be a member of the celtics because of the moves they have made.  The big 3 have made he and Rondo much richer than they ever would have been without them.  No one on here HATES on Perkins but your right it is what it is.  He has worked his butt off and gotten in to shape and been a decent contributor to a great team.  He has also for the most part been a great individual and team guy.  He has not acted like an idiot of the court and he comes home and seems to give back to his community.  All in all I would call his career a huge success already on and off the court and what a great ambassador he could be for this area in years to come.  That is what it IS!

The reason so many HATE on Stephen Jackson on here is because of the fact that he ranks with Rasheed Wallace in Techs!  Also, he has had a few things happen to him off of the court.  He has taken the heat for those things as he should.  However, he has had lots of positive things said about him and lots of success.  I have not had the chance to personally meet Stephen Jackson but I have NEVER and I repeat NEVER heard a person say something bad about him when he is here in town.  I think it is ridiculous the way the NBA players are able to question the referees as a whole and I think he takes it to another level and that is something I HATE in any NBA player.  That does not make him a bad person.  The other thing about him is he has made his own career.  He paved his way and paid his dues and deserves everything he gets monetarily.   I wish them both the best!!!!

If you want someone from a certian school, then why don't YOU post it.

I'm not going to do it for you...Seems to be the mentality to a lot of people now-a-days.

DV when is the last time you posted something about Perkins?  Just wondering I have no idea, but I could read all your posts and try to find it. 

Guest spinks

Yeah but YOU chose to call HJ, Nederland, and PNG out like it was a bad thing that each of those places made a big deal out of THEIR people.  While Kendrick is a Southeast Texas guy you and others on this board have much more of a tie to him than any of us do.  If it were a buddy of mine (like Chris Stroud on the PGA Tour is to me)  I would be touting him to every person I see.  That is just me.  With that said I am proud the KPerk is from SETX and love what he has done.  YOU GUYS are the one who should be starting topics on him!!!!

Guest DickVitale

I understand you, its no big deal really...Those examples were used because most people on here are from those places...Thats all.

Guest spinks

But you and other people believe that people HATE on Perkins.  That is simply not the case.  I love Perk and on top of the fact that I am a diehard Celtic.  I was running around my house yelling when he made that BIG jump hook late in game 2.  I think he should be talked about more on here as well but it takes people starting the conversation to do it.

Guest DickVitale

No one said that "spinks" hated on Perk, but people on this site said that he would not make it...I remember how angry it used to make me.  I am sure that you have always supported him, but there was some definite hating going on here a few years ago...I don't like to start topics about him because I dont want to be seen as biased on here when talking about him...If he has a bad night, I will always be the first to admit it, (and will usually call or text him to rag on him about it in fun) but he has played well, especially since KG's injury. I messed with him about getting out of Tyrus Thomas' way on a monster dunk in game 1! :D

Guest spinks

No one said that "spinks" hated on Perk, but people on this site said that he would not make it...I remember how angry it used to make me.  I am sure that you have always supported him, but there was some definite hating going on here a few years ago...I don't like to start topics about him because I dont want to be seen as biased on here when talking about him...If he has a bad night, I will always be the first to admit it, (and will usually call or text him to rag on him about it in fun) but he has played well, especially since KG's injury. I messed with him about getting out of Tyrus Thomas' way on a monster dunk in game 1! :D

understand!

Guest 11/13Dad

I don't like to start topics about him because I dont want to be seen as biased on here when talking about him...

Trust me KNOW one would think you were biased towards ANY ONE from Ozen!  :D

??? Help me understand Bobcat. 

Guest 11/13Dad

Probably sounds better when someone from out of the area praises an athlete.  I remember when Drew Tate was in high school at Lee in Baytown.  Loved to see him in high school, wen to several of his playoff games and followed him a little in college when he was at Iowa, eventhough Lee is the huge cross town rival with Baytown Sterling.

Good to see KP doing well in the NBA, thank you guys for the enlightening discussion.

So, by your recollection DV, you are saying that folks on this site were saying that Perk wouldn't make it when he entered the NBA, is that correct? Because I don't recall that.

I for one do remember people saying that he was not ready.........I do not remember many saying that he would never make it.  I was one that said he was not ready and after watching him the last two years he has grown into a solid post man in the NBA.  He will never be a superstar center but he will be a good center for many more years to come.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gametyme05
    Newest Member
    Gametyme05