Kendrick Perkins (Ozen) Boston Celtics

Guest 11/13Dad

Guest DickVitale

I appreciate your honesty Lazeek, because AAW just had a birthday and apparently has forgotten a lot in his old age as well, because PEOPLE ON THIS SITE were saying he was not ready AND he would not make it in the league...I REMEMBER because it mattered to me. Once again, thanks for your honesty, bro. ;)

I appreciate your honesty Lazeek, because AAW just had a birthday and apparently has forgotten a lot in his old age as well, because PEOPLE ON THIS SITE were saying he was not ready AND he would not make it in the league...I REMEMBER because it mattered to me. Once again, thanks for your honesty, bro. ;)

Were they saying that when he got drafted?

Guest 11/13Dad

They were saying it sometime sounds like.  Besides there was not any talk on him before this thread and that seemed very strange being a SETX site.  The series was 4 games old and he had been on TV for a week, that sounds like no respect in itself.  I hear Jay Bruce's name everytime I hear the Astros are playing him and sometimes when they aren't.  This guy, KP, has a championship ring.

Celtics just won in OT.  3rd game of the series that went OT.  What a tight series without KG but Perkins played a solid game in this one.  Last I saw he had 13 points. 

Guest DickVitale

It was when he first got in the league was when I FIRST saw it on this site and on Chad's HoopInsider site...No big deal, but it happened.

It was when he first got in the league was when I FIRST saw it on this site and on Chad's HoopInsider site...No big deal, but it happened.

Well it seems as even though I am older than you, my memory seems to be a little sharper than your's. Nobody was on this site talking about Kendrick when he first got in the league. The reason why I know this is because Kendrick's first year was the '03-'04 season. This website wasn't created until the middle of December '05, which was the beginning of Kendrick's third season with the Celtics. The basketball forum didn't really get into form until the '06-'07 season, Perk's fourth year.

Apparently I haven't forgotten anything, since it never existed. ::)

What you saw was a figment of your imagination. You need to do a little more research when opening your mouth next time.

I will agree with you that there was that kind of talk over on that other site. ;)

Guest 11/13Dad

Still doesn't alter the fact he wasn't getting any love when the playoffs started.  Could be it's just not a very active board, not a lot of pro basketball fans??  Lots of people getting turned off by pro basketball over the last few years.

Still doesn't alter the fact he wasn't getting any love when the playoffs started.  Could be it's just not a very active board, not a lot of pro basketball fans??  Lots of people getting turned off by pro basketball over the last few years.

I wasn't argueing that point. DV made a false comment, I just called him on it.

Guest DickVitale

AAW shut up! I told you that it was on HOOPINSIDER and it was when Perk FIRST got in the league!! Not necessarily the FIRST YEAR...You are such an butt! And butt is not what I said, before it was modified....

AAW shut up! I told you that it was on HOOPINSIDER and it was when Perk FIRST got in the league!! Not necessarily the FIRST YEAR...You are such an butt! And butt is not what I said, before it was modified....

By the looks of this post, you said it was on this site too:

"When he FIRST got in the league". One would say that would be his first year. ;) Not his third or fourth year when this site was up. I would even allow for his second year, but this site wasn't around then either. ;)

Keep crawfishing, DV.

Guest DickVitale

No crawfishing here... I dont remember, but knowing your type, you were probably one of the ones saying it, but too cowardly to admit it....Lazeek admitted what he said, so go ahead...Follow suit! You wanna take EVERY statement and make it as LITERAL as possible to prove your little point..WHEN HE FIRST got in the league CAN mean years 1,2 or 3, especially now that he is in year 6! Get outta here with that nonsense.... ::)....The ones that said it, and YOU know who YOU are, just admit that you were wrong, and all is cool...Otherwise just shut up about it....

No crawfishing here... I dont remember, but knowing your type, you were probably one of the ones saying it, but too cowardly to admit it....Lazeek admitted what he said, so go ahead...Follow suit! You wanna take EVERY statement and make it as LITERAL as possible to prove your little point..WHEN HE FIRST got in the league CAN mean years 1,2 or 3, especially now that he is in year 6! Get outta here with that nonsense.... ::)....The ones that said it, and YOU know who YOU are, just admit that you were wrong, and all is cool...Otherwise just shut up about it....

My whole arguement was with your statement saying you saw those comments on this site when Kendrick first got in the league. Go back and look at the history of this forum and it only goes back to '06. You will not find anything here on what you are talking about. By the time this site's basketball forum really got to hopping, Perk had been in the league 4 years already. I believe he had solidified himself by that time, therefore, no arguement.

If you'll look at my earlier post, I agreed with you that some comments were made on the other site that were regarding him making it in the NBA. I also agree that some of those posters are over here now since that site went down. But, if my memory serves me correctly, the one's that were adament about Kendrick not making it do not even post here.

As for my comments, the only thing I said about Perk over on the other site was that I thought he might have benefitted more going to college. But I never said he wouldn't make it in the NBA. There are many players that are worse than Kendrick that have or still play in the NBA for me to say KP wouldn't make it in the league.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gametyme05
    Newest Member
    Gametyme05