Baseball teams having intrasquad games

Baseball teams having intrasquad games

Leader Sports

The Orange Leader

Local baseball teams are finding a way to stay out of the doldrums by holding their own intrasquad games.

Little Cypress-Mauriceville has already gotten one game in.

The Bear Whitepants nipped the Bear Graypants 6-5 on Wednesday.

The next Greypants-Whitepants game will be today at 4:30 p.m. and next Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 4:30 p.m.

The Bears will then hope to play Beaumont Ozen in their District 20-4A finale Monday, May 11.

Bridge City will be having plenty of Red-White games.

The first will be tonight at 6 p.m. followed by another next Tuesday at 6 p.m. and another one Thursday at 6 p.m. The loser of each Red-White Game will have to serve dinner to the winning team each time.

Orangefield will have an intrasquad game today at 4 p.m. and will likely do it again a couple times next week.

Sounds like a great idea. Hopefully BH will do a little of this next week. I've never heard of BH ever having an intrasquad game. It would definitely give everyone something to do during the down time and give the players a little bit of game like conditions to keep them sharp. I especially could see the positives of hitting off of live pitching from the mound. That's something that can't be simulated from the shorter BP distances.

Sounds like a great idea. Hopefully BH will do a little of this next week. I've never heard of BH ever having an intrasquad game. It would definitely give everyone something to do during the down time and give the players a little bit of game like conditions to keep them sharp. I especially could see the positives of hitting off of live pitching from the mound. That's something that can't be simulated from the shorter BP distances.

Good idea. I dont know why we can not go 5 miles to GC or BS to play this is going to be a long stretch

Guest Orangeboy

The Red Shirts beat the White Shirts 17-5 lol

Who were on what team???? I missed it.. >:(

Big Hubbard, Snyder, and Breaux all went yard in the Red team victory.

I certainly enjoyed being a spectator for this event....Hope they do it every year at this time. 

What amazed me is the strength of the bench; I saw some terrific plays being made both offensively and defensively by those spending part of the time on the bench through this season.

What a loaded team.

I certainly enjoyed being a spectator for this event....Hope they do it every year at this time. 

What amazed me is the strength of the bench; I saw some terrific plays being made both offensively and defensively by those spending part of the time on the bench through this season.

What a loaded team.

I wish they would start doing this too

It's fun, It gives bench players a chance to play and also gives starters a chance to play in different positions.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    PressBox Stats
    Newest Member
    PressBox Stats