Dayton's Scoreboard...

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

besides the new scoreboard, looks like they're getting ready to put all our play-off years back on the  stand at the other end of the field. all the poles are in place. hope we get it back. something to really be proud of. all the accomplishments the broncos made over the years. " GO BRONCOS"  ;D

sure nuff and others soon coming.D should be tuff again maybe a little better.Counting the days to first scrimmage.Anybody know who the pre-season teams are?Lumberton would be nice right out of the gate.

It was WOS then Lumberton last year right? WOS would be a big one to start with.... They were both at Dayton last year.... anyone from Lumberton, WOS, or Dayton have scrimmage info??

sure nuff and others soon coming.D should be tuff again maybe a little better.Counting the days to first scrimmage.Anybody know who the pre-season teams are?Lumberton would be nice right out of the gate.

It was WOS then Lumberton last year right? WOS would be a big one to start with.... They were both at Dayton last year.... anyone from Lumberton, WOS, or Dayton have scrimmage info??

I think we are scrimmaging Liberty.  ;D :o

seriously??

Nah don't think they want to bring back that buried rivalry,would be a decent test for the JV squad maybe.As for myself I would travel long to see a Sulphur Springs rematch for first scrimmage with a much better defense for the Broncos in 09.

seriously??

No way just trying to get the old panthers riled up!

Nah don't think they want to bring back that buried rivalry,would be a decent test for the JV squad maybe.As for myself I would travel long to see a Sulphur Springs rematch for first scrimmage with a much better defense for the Broncos in 09.

One problem there! The Freak is gone!!!!

Exactly-Like to see how they can play without him.Once in a blue moon a great one leads a team to the ultimate state title game.But if you still put up over 50 and lose that's hard to swallow.Bronco "D" should be better.Twice we knocked and ran into Gilbert-Rollins two of the better passing QB's in 4A in a long time.Would the early dismissal of those defensive players who we removed had made a differance?probably but coach made the right call w/his action.

Back to the scoreboard.....I personally like the idea of a big jumbotron type video board. Do we need it to win football games? No of course not. But with all the upgrades to the stadium recently, I think it would have been nice to go ahead and throw one of those in too. Guess i was just dreaming... cause' I'm quite aware that the cost is just way too much for the already strapped DISD. Oh well, I guess I'll have to make due with the new (regular) scoreboard and a kick*** football team!

There are some other areas of the Friday night "atmosphere" in Dayton that could be improved though. Parking for one. When are they supposed to finish the new lot?

It definitely not just a scoreboard, I think it will have programmable names and a marquee board or something. Like I saw in another post it will be 17x40 feet.

As far as parking goes, I think the plan is to move the bus barn between the stadium and 146. Then the entire south side of the stadium would be parking. I would think you would want the west end for parking but I trust that they know what they are doing.

Sounds like the new board will be more than adequate. Can't wait to see it with "Home" points on it!! What, just two more months?

I agree about the west end parking. I assumed it was going to be for the visitors...since they have to park in the street.

may need golf carts to cart them to the visitors side. just thought that was the plan on the west side for the visitors parking. lonnnnnnnnnnnnng walk for the visitors. good exercise.  :D :D ;D ;D ::)personally, i think they should stick to the first choice and use the west end for parking. that would be a better choice.

The idea of spending money to relocate the entire bus barn and make it an eyesore at that is ridiculous. Just expand that area and make west in parking, save some money that way and there is nothing they can come up with convince me otherwise.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    janaxad4
    Newest Member
    janaxad4