Rajon Rondo

What will his career be?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. What will his career be?

• Perennial Allstar
    • Superstar
    • Hall of Famer
    • Just a really good PG

Is Rajon Rondo the new Highlander?  Is he quickening, ascending?  Is he trying to put his name up there with the Chris Pauls and Deron  Williams of the NBA?  He is still not a great shooter but he is one heck of a PG!  This kid is four tenths of a rebound away from averaging a playoff triple double.  If you round up he is already doing so…  Is he? Or Will he be a great PG?

Guest DickVitale

Too erratic and out of control at times...I dont think he is anywhere CLOSE to Deron Williams...and HE will be an all-star fixture for years to come..Rondo does a good job and is athletic, but he cant shoot to save his life...He does not NEED to on this team, but those problems in his game are well hidden with the C's.

Guest nostradamus

As stated by Kenny Smith last night......Rondo is a top 5 PG RIGHT NOW!

He is not a great shooter......BUT he shoots it well enough that they can't just not guard him like they did last year and he will only improve as the years go on.  This kis is only in his THIRD year!

Last night he became only the 2nd Celtic to EVER post 3 triple doubles in one post season........the other........Larry Bird.........I believe that speaks volumes!

Guest stevenash

How can you say that he is the better defender whn Paul lead the league in steals per game?

The shot will get better.  There once was a Celtic named John Havlicek who "couldn't shoot" in his earlier years.  Better check out the Celtic archives if you believe that was a permanent problem.  Keep in mind that if Chris Paul and Deron Williams were surrounded by three superstars and accomplishing what the Celtics have accomplished, they probably wouldn't seem as impressive as they do now.  My guess is that of all the requirements the Celtics have of Rondo, shooting  well from the outside is NOT high on the priority list.

How can you say that he is the better defender whn Paul lead the league in steals per game?

Paul defends lanes well, few of his steals come from picking a player off the dribble!  Rondo is a better on ball defender than Paul.  For example the two top scoring PGs (Parker & A. Miller) average 24 on Paul and average around 16 on Rondo... Even vets. like Billups average 10 ppg on Rondo and 16 ppg on Paul!  That has some to do with the team defense but you get my drift!!!

Rondo is #5 on the steals list.

Guest stevenash

Paul defends lanes well, few of his steals come from picking a player off the dribble!  Rondo is a better on ball defender than Paul.  For example the two top scoring PGs (Parker & A. Miller) average 24 on Paul and average around 16 on Rondo... Even vets. like Billups average 10 ppg on Rondo and 16 ppg on Paul!  That has some to do with the team defense but you get my drift!!!

Yes, I get your drift and I believe you are right on.

Rondo is #5 on the steals list.

As stated by Kenny Smith last night......Rondo is a top 5 PG RIGHT NOW!

He is not a great shooter......BUT he shoots it well enough that they can't just not guard him like they did last year and he will only improve as the years go on.  This kis is only in his THIRD year!

Last night he became only the 2nd Celtic to EVER post 3 triple doubles in one post season........the other........Larry Bird.........I believe that speaks volumes!

That will be the only time Ronda and Larry Bird are mentioned in the same sentence, except maybe to say they both played for the Celtics.

I think Deron Williams is much better.

Here's the difference between DWill and Rondo, DWill has to score and Rondo don't.  If Rondo had to be a scorer then I would garauntee you that he would be in the gym working on his shot.

Did Magic Johnson have to score?....nope.

Guest stevenash

Here's the difference between DWill and Rondo, DWill has to score and Rondo don't.  If Rondo had to be a scorer then I would garauntee you that he would be in the gym working on his shot.

I dont have the stats but I would be willing to bet he is at or near the top in rebounding for guards in the NBA.

I dont have the stats but I would be willing to bet he is at or near the top in rebounding for guards in the NBA.

I wouldn't doubt that one bit. Magic Johnson played every position and scored from every position. The Laker teams he played on, he didn't necessarily have to score from the point, but when they played the Larry Bird led Celtics, then all players had to contribute.

Ronda getting a triple double on that Celtic team, the rebounds are most impressive. Ten points and especially ten assists aren't impressive. I don't think he got them with blocked shots or steals. I still think Williams is better.

Guest stevenash

I wouldn't doubt that one bit. Magic Johnson played every position and scored from every position. The Laker teams he played on, he didn't necessarily have to score from the point, but when they played the Larry Bird led Celtics, then all players had to contribute.

Ronda getting a triple double on that Celtic team, the rebounds are most impressive. Ten points and especially ten assists aren't impressive. I don't think he got them with blocked shots or steals. I still think Williams is better.

Actually, I think 10 points is pretty good for an individual who is NOT looking to score.

Guest nostradamus

This is a portion of an article that talks about how the NBA rates their best players through the PER (player efficiency rating).  Hard to argue with this stat.

The NBA evaluates the total performance of its players through a convoluted efficiency formula. And based on that formula, the only player on the 16 playoff teams playing better than Rondo is LeBron James.

Rondo has filled up the stat sheet in the postseason, averaging 23.3 points, 10.8 rebounds, 10 assists, 3.5 steals, and only 1.75 turnovers in 43.3 minutes per game. James, who averaged 32 points, 11.2 rebounds, and 7.5 assists in Cleveland's four-game sweep of Detroit, has a 39.0 efficiency rating while Rondo is at 35.5.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gametyme05
    Newest Member
    Gametyme05