Say It Ain't So Joe The Plumber!!

Ohio Governor Ted Strickland ordered an investigation, through the Ohio Department of Commerce, of Samuel Wurzelbacher during the election. Mr. Wurzelbacher woke up one morning to find people digging through his trash for absolutely no reason. If that was during the election, I can't imagine what this man has had to deal with since the election. If this is true, he probably renounced his position within the GOP just to stop the harrassment. We also don't know how much business he lost from avid Obama supporters.

And I bet you think Palin could run the country, don't you?

Her resume looks a lot better than Obamas

Really? Now what is her educational background?

She is a college grad. 

However, her executive experience is a Governor for 2 years and a Mayor for 10 years.  He has no executive experience.

Plus the fact that she has a fairly nice...uuuhhhh... ;D

she is hot!

As much as I thought Gomer Pyle was dumb, his cousin Goober was dumber.......too many of you think with your third leg too much. ;)

You don't agree that she does have a nice smile Dove??  And Ouch!! that remark hurt!! :'( 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's the refreshing part...to know that people outside of our small little world ARE WILLING AND ABLE to look beyond the color of his skin.  And, I truly believe that things are capable of changing...with a lot more resistance, but I think that it is happening (very, very slowly).

As I told a very close friend of mine...I wish that abortion was my most important concern, but surviving happens to be my priority.  Just my opinion.  Only time will tell whether any of us made the right choice (or at least are willing to say we did or didn't make the right choice).  I hope and pray for all of our sakes that things get better and I think that they will.  Of late, we've found ourselves in situations that our generations haven't really had to face.  As a society, one of our biggest problems is that we expect immediate gratification and that just isn't feasible. 

I'm sure I will not agree with all of the decisions that President Obama makes, but I've got to give him a chance as I did with Bush.  Didn't vote for Bush, but I gave him that chance because he was my elected leader, my president.  I personally didn't agree with alot of his decisions, but all I can do is voice my opinions and vote...which I do every chance I'm given because too many take it for granted and I realized a long time ago that freedom is not free and that many have died to allow me that privilege.

Well, I'm done for the night.  I have a couple of votes to cast tomorrow for school board and city council.  Tomorrow will give me the opportunity to both vote and express my opinion.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Sara Palin is dumb as a sack of rocks and the that doesn't say much for the people in Alaska who voted for her.  She can't string complete sentences together.  She answers questions like she's running for Miss Wassilla(sp) or any air headed beauty pageant contestant.  She was an insult to all those bright, articulate, accomplished GOP women who have been doing big things in government and in the business world for years.  I guess they were too smart, and the GOP wanted to continue the dumbing down process of the party......

Sara Palin is dumb as a sack of rocks and the that doesn't say much for the people in Alaska who voted for her.  She can't string complete sentences together.  She answers questions like she's running for Miss Wassilla(sp) or any air headed beauty pageant contestant.  She was an insult to all those bright, articulate, accomplished GOP women who have been doing big things in government and in the business world for years.  I guess they were too smart, and the GOP wanted to continue the dumbing down process of the party......

Her experience is a Governor for 2 years and a Mayor for 10 years.  Name me some of those bright, articulate, accomplished GOP women who have been doing big things in government and in the business world for years.  You have NOTHING to support that argument.    ::)  ::)

Her experience is a Governor for 2 years and a Mayor for 10 years.  Name me some of those bright, articulate, accomplished GOP women who have been doing big things in government and in the business world for years.  You have NOTHING to support that argument.    ::)   ::)

Partial List of Republican Women More Qualified to be President Than Sarah Palin

posted by Gatemouth

Fri, 08/29/2008 - 11:04pm

Senators: Lisa Murkowski, Alaska(?!?); Olympia Snowe, Maine; Susan Collins, Maine; Elizabeth Dole North Carolina; Kay Bailey Hutchison, Texas

Governors: Oline Walker, Utah; Linda Lingle, Hawaii, M. Jodi Rell, Connecticut

Members of the House: Ileana Ros-Lehtinen Florida; Deborah Pryce, Ohio; Barbara Cubin, Wyoming; Sue Myrick North Carolina; Jo Ann Emerson, Missouri; Kay Granger, Texas; Mary Bono, California; Heather Wilson , New Mexico; Judith Borg Biggert , Illinois; Shelley Moore Capito, West Virginia; Marsha Blackburn, Tennessee; Ginny Brown-Waite, Florida; Candice Miller, Michigan; Marilyn Musgrave, Colorado; Thelma Drake, Virginia; Virginia Foxx, North Carolina; Cathy McMorris Rodgers, West Virginia; Jean Schmidt, Ohio

Cabinet: Condoleezza Rice, Secretary of State; Elaine Chao, Secretary of Labor; Margaret Spellings, Secretary of Education; Mary Peters, Secretary of Transportation; Susan Schwab, US Special Trade Representative

Her experience is a Governor for 2 years and a Mayor for 10 years.  Name me some of those bright, articulate, accomplished GOP women who have been doing big things in government and in the business world for years.  You have NOTHING to support that argument.    ::)   ::)

Partial List of Republican Women More Qualified to be President Than Sarah Palin

posted by Gatemouth

Senators: Lisa Murkowski, Alaska(?!?); Olympia Snowe, Maine; Susan Collins, Maine; Elizabeth Dole North Carolina; Kay Bailey Hutchison, Texas

Members of the House: Ileana Ros-Lehtinen Florida; Deborah Pryce, Ohio; Barbara Cubin, Wyoming; Sue Myrick North Carolina; Jo Ann Emerson, Missouri; Kay Granger, Texas; Mary Bono, California; Heather Wilson , New Mexico; Judith Borg Biggert , Illinois; Shelley Moore Capito, West Virginia; Marsha Blackburn, Tennessee; Ginny Brown-Waite, Florida; Candice Miller, Michigan; Marilyn Musgrave, Colorado; Thelma Drake, Virginia; Virginia Foxx, North Carolina; Cathy McMorris Rodgers, West Virginia; Jean Schmidt, Ohio

Cabinet: Condoleezza Rice, Secretary of State; Elaine Chao, Secretary of Labor; Margaret Spellings, Secretary of Education; Mary Peters, Secretary of Transportation; Susan Schwab, US Special Trade Representative

Judging by the way they've been voting recently, Olympia Snowe and Susan Collins probably wouldn't have taken it and might not have been that committed if they had taken it. Kay Bailey Hutchison, although a very good candidate, is getting up in age herself, and would have added a card to the Obama Campaign's "youth and vigor" strategy. Besides, she's determined to run for governor. I doubt she would have accepted the invitation, anyways.

Condoleezza Rice would have been the best pick, in my opinion, but the McCain Campaign was trying to set itself apart from the Bush administration, and she was in President Bush's cabinet, which could invalidate all of the women pointed out that were involved with the Bush administration. Then again, Condoleezza Rice would have made a great Presidential candidate, in my opinion.

Kay Granger would have been a good pick, but I think that McCain was also trying to set himself apart from Congress in addition to the Bush administration.

All of these points narrows it down to the four GOP female governors (your three plus Sarah Palin). Of these four, Sarah Palin was the youngest, and McCain was trying to add a "youth and vigor" edge to his campaign to counter the one the Obama Campaign had. Seems to me like Sarah Palin was the best choice, given the circumstances.

Seems to me that McCain was too worried about what Obama was doing.  He should have just picked the best candidate and trust the voters to be smart enough to figure it out.  I don't know how you can say that Palin was best under the circumstances.  She was either the best, or she was not.

I do get your points, however, about trying to separate himself from Bush.

Seems to me that McCain was too worried about what Obama was doing.  He should have just picked the best candidate and trust the voters to be smart enough to figure it out.   I don't know how you can say that Palin was best under the circumstances.   She was either the best, or she was not.

I do get your points, however, about trying to separate himself from Bush.

he would've been better served to separate himself from bush by playing on his reputation as a moderate, rather than suddenly changing stances on several key issues to appease the conservative vote.  i think his first fatal mistake was going from a "maverick" to suddenly waffling on many of his policies and ending up looking like Bush, part two.  His second fatal mistake was choosing Sarah Palin as a running mate, as it came off appearing as a gimmick pick, especially as her lack of knowledge and abundance of questionable decisions in Alaska began to come to light.  I'm a liberal democrat, but when McCain originally threw his name into the hat, I felt like he would be a reasonable option if he won, as he was fairly moderate.  As the campaign went on, he seemed more worried about keeping the far-right conservative vote than winning voters that were on the fence. 

If "qualifications" was an issue, then Obama would not be the president.

I am not knocking his win nor failing to acknowledge that he is the fair and square winner. Being elected doesn't mean that someone is the "most qualified" but someone that hopefully more people agree with on opinions.

There were certainly way more "qualified" candidates that were Democrats than Obama. They had their shot and lost. So did the GOP in the general election. Does not being as qualified as some other person negate the winner's legitimacy or the fact that the person ran on a ticket?

If so, we need to stop selecting our party nominees by primaries and caucuses and appoint a blue ribbon panel to list the people according to "qualifications". In the name of objectivity, we could even scale it by giving points for such things as:

1. Prior Senate/House experience.

2. Prior state level experience.

3. Cabinet experience.

4. Committee chairmanship experience.

5. College Degree(s).

6. Etc.

That way we could get the "most qualified" candidate and not simply the most popular.

I am not knocking his win nor failing to acknowledge that he is the fair and square winner. Being elected doesn't mean that someone is the "most qualified" but someone that hopefully more people agree with on opinions.

There were certainly way more "qualified" candidates that were Democrats than Obama. They had their shot and lost. So did the GOP in the general election. Does not being as qualified as some other person negate the winner's legitimacy or the fact that the person ran on a ticket?

If so, we need to stop selecting our party nominees by primaries and caucuses and appoint a blue ribbon panel to list the people according to "qualifications". In the name of objectivity, we could even scale it by giving points for such things as:

3. Cabinet experience.

5. College Degree(s).

6. Etc.

That way we could get the "most qualified" candidate and not simply the most popular.

It has always amazed me that you didnt need a college degree to hold the most powerful position in the world.

Ohio Governor Ted Strickland ordered an investigation, through the Ohio Department of Commerce, of Samuel Wurzelbacher during the election. Mr. Wurzelbacher woke up one morning to find people digging through his trash for absolutely no reason. If that was during the election, I can't imagine what this man has had to deal with since the election. If this is true, he probably renounced his position within the GOP just to stop the harrassment. We also don't know how much business he lost from avid Obama supporters.

She is a college grad. 

However, her executive experience is a Governor for 2 years and a Mayor for 10 years.  He has no executive experience.

she is hot!

As much as I thought Gomer Pyle was dumb, his cousin Goober was dumber.......too many of you think with your third leg too much. ;)

You don't agree that she does have a nice smile Dove??   And Ouch!! that remark hurt!! :'( 

She's nice to look at but I equate it to once I look past the looks, how much money can she bring home to help pay for the bills ::)

posted by Gatemouth

Judging by the way they've been voting recently, Olympia Snowe and Susan Collins probably wouldn't have taken it and might not have been that committed if they had taken it. Kay Bailey Hutchison, although a very good candidate, is getting up in age herself, and would have added a card to the Obama Campaign's "youth and vigor" strategy. Besides, she's determined to run for governor. I doubt she would have accepted the invitation, anyways.

Condoleezza Rice would have been the best pick, in my opinion, but the McCain Campaign was trying to set itself apart from the Bush administration, and she was in President Bush's cabinet, which could invalidate all of the women pointed out that were involved with the Bush administration. Then again, Condoleezza Rice would have made a great Presidential candidate, in my opinion.

Kay Granger would have been a good pick, but I think that McCain was also trying to set himself apart from Congress in addition to the Bush administration.

All of these points narrows it down to the four GOP female governors (your three plus Sarah Palin). Of these four, Sarah Palin was the youngest, and McCain was trying to add a "youth and vigor" edge to his campaign to counter the one the Obama Campaign had. Seems to me like Sarah Palin was the best choice, given the circumstances.

Yep, she brought all the Goobers out of the beer joints

3. Cabinet experience.

5. College Degree(s).

6. Etc.

History and everyday events tells us that most individuals are selected based on their popularity or who they know. Or better known as the good ole boy system.

History and everyday events tells us that most individuals are selected based on their popularity or who they know. Or better known as the good ole boy system.

I agree 100%. My post was to show the folly of naming people that are more qualified than Palin. There are obviously people more qualified than she or Obama but that is not the issue. Obama made his case and he won. The discussion of who is more qualified doesn't enter into it. It is popularity or as you say, Obama won by the Good Ol' Boy system. I can live with that.

posted by Gatemouth

And President Obama brought all of society's freeloaders out of their Section 8 housing. If we want to get into those kind of comments, we can go round and round. All I did was point out the strategy behind Senator McCain's VP pick.

3. Cabinet experience.

5. College Degree(s).

6. Etc.

And you think this was different with President Obama how?

She is a college grad. 

she is hot!

You don't agree that she does have a nice smile Dove??   And Ouch!! that remark hurt!! :'( 

She's nice to look at but I equate it to once I look past the looks, how much money can she bring home to help pay for the bills ::)

That all depends what she does at her "after hours" job...hence the good looks would possibly come very much in handy.  ;D

BTW Dove, I'm not that bad that I would decide my vote based on looks...I DID vote for McCain after all.

And another BTW...your Gomer/Goober comment really did crack me up.. ;D ;D

3. Cabinet experience.

5. College Degree(s).

6. Etc.

Sad...and unfortunately very very true.  Be it from little kids playing sports, to making the HS cheerleading team all the way on thru life, many "more qualified" individuals fall to the bottom of the barrel because they don't hang with the in-crowd, play up to their peers, have the right connections, or maybe not have the attractive physical appearance that is wrongly deemed as a "qualification" (other than for positions that REQUIRE good looks).

posted by Gatemouth

Thank you WestEnd.  I was going to just name Kay Bailey since she's from here but you named a whole pile of GOP females miles more qualified than Sarah(with an 'h') Palin....

3. Cabinet experience.

5. College Degree(s).

6. Etc.

I think the timing was just right for a person like Obama to come in and win (obviously). What I didn't like was the hatred that came out towards the man.

3. Cabinet experience.

5. College Degree(s).

6. Etc.

I think the timing was just right for a person like Obama to come in and win (obviously). What I didn't like was the hatred that came out towards the man.

And I just think that he had a very effective, successful marketing strategy.

posted by Gatemouth

And President Obama brought all of society's freeloaders out of their Section 8 housing. If we want to get into those kind of comments, we can go round and round. All I did was point out the strategy behind Senator McCain's VP pick.

3. Cabinet experience.

5. College Degree(s).

6. Etc.

Actually, most people who are able to work who receive Section 8 assistance DO WORK.  I'm sure that you probably don't know many judging by your comment, but there are actually some really good and decent people who receive various types of assistance...contrary to your view that they are freeloaders.  ::)

3. Cabinet experience.

5. College Degree(s).

6. Etc.

And I just think that he had a very effective, successful marketing strategy.

Sometimes, I think that life experiences are as important and vital in a leader as experience as an elected official.  And, I would have to agree that his "marketing strategy" was very successful...but that doesn't mean that he will be any less effective than Bush.  Besides, every campaign (presidential or not) is a marketing strategy

This thread is comical...

Hey bluedove...

Want to be just like Obama...

Why don't you go listen to his endeared reverand.

I am sure you would be saying amen to all his anti American sermons.

If any of you don't think Joe the Plummer was ransacked by the american media and even the Democratic Ohio political system you are drinking a six pack of kool-aid on the hour every hour.

posted by Gatemouth

3. Cabinet experience.

5. College Degree(s).

6. Etc.

Actually, most people who are able to work who receive Section 8 assistance DO WORK.  I'm sure that you probably don't know many judging by your comment, but there are actually some really good and decent people who receive various types of assistance...contrary to your view that they are freeloaders.   ::)

Ma'am, I assure you that I know several welfare recipients who reside in Section 8 housing, both good, hard-working people and freeloaders, and that my statement was not a blind one. Never did I say that all Section 8 housing dwellers were freeloaders, and I intentionally did not do so. That is something that you believe that I implied, and, I promise you, never did I do so. Please understand that you're talking to the son of a social worker. I've seen both sides of this ordeal, and I merely pointed out that President Obama's campaign drew out all of the freeloaders that happen to live in Section 8 housing, and I made this comment in response to BLUEDOVE3's rather judgemental comment.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    anjali43
    Newest Member
    anjali43