VIDEO....Lumberton Reacts To LaDay Autopsy

This is the hidden content, please

Any clues as to who these 2 "witnesses" may be??   ::)

Yeah, Tinkerbell and Wendy.

LOL.. how much are they getting paid to be "witnesses" and have they had sufficient time to rehearse their story without getting it fouled up????

That can work on both sides you know!

Keyword:  CAN

but have you  seen where LPD is bringing witnesses in who saw the officers NOT beating him??...so yeah...kinda irrelevant.  ;)

LOL.. how much are they getting paid to be "witnesses" and have they had sufficient time to rehearse their story without getting it fouled up????

but have you  seen where LPD is bringing witnesses in who saw the officers NOT beating him??...so yeah...kinda irrelevant.  ;)

If the evidence shows the LPD were not involved in anything illegal, then I can accept this ruling. But we all know there are some bad apples running around disguised as lawmen and there is nothing wrong with checks and balances.

i read the autopsy report, and it only appeared that he had superficial cuts and scrapes.  how are they going to beat him to death without breaking any of his bones, or causing any mentionable damage to a vital organ?

There not.......besides a police officer can use reasonable force to secure a suspect. What is reasonable force to a guy on PCP?

i read the autopsy report, and it only appeared that he had superficial cuts and scrapes.  how are they going to beat him to death without breaking any of his bones, or causing any mentionable damage to a vital organ?

There not.......besides a police officer can use reasonable force to secure a suspect. What is reasonable force to a guy on PCP?

reasonable force ---->  2.gif

You got part of what I was going to say.

NEWFLASH: The police are allowed to use force against people that are resisting arrest, even an unlawful arrest.

I've been in many fights while taking people into custody. Hitting people with the hands, feet or baton is not the illegal use of force. Every fight looks brutal. How do you fight someone and make it look like a ballet?

The issue in this case as in all cases, was the force reasonable under the circumstances. Looking at the autopsy results, I don't see anywhere that injuries are consistent with a "beating". If they hit him, so what? I would have been hitting him also if he was resisting.

People that are on the outside looking at someone getting hit always claim that someone was beaten. Add to the fact there there was more than one officer, it always looks bad. Here is another newsflash, the police don't have to fight fair. If there is one guy resisting arrest, the police don't need to send in one guy at a time. This is not television wrestling where points are score and there are rules. It is called, getting the guy in handcuffs.

Now if the police overstepped the bounds of being reasonable like if they hit him and he was not fleeing or resisting or if they continued to hit him after he was subdued, then they were wrong. Nothing from the autopsy indicates that. Maybe these "witnesses" saw something different than what was discovered during the autopsy.

Knowing about such witnesses in a fatal police shooting, I have seen that some people can talk a good story but when asked to put their story on paper under oath for the police or the FBI (and risk perjury or obstruction of justice charges), they seem to fade away.

Rather than hide any witnesses, they need to step forward and be heard. Any takers on odds of that happening?

If the evidence shows the LPD were not involved in anything illegal, then I can accept this ruling. But we all know there are some bad apples running around disguised as lawmen and there is nothing wrong with checks and balances.

Correct. There is absolutely nothing wrong with checks and balances or asking questions in order to gain a better perspective and find the truth. However, there is something wrong with calling in a hate group, accusing men of crimes in the absence of fact, and then accusing the same men of more, absurd crimes in the absence of facts when the actual, proven facts don't look good for your case. That's what's going on here.

I won't speak to the mother's motives; I have no way of knowing what her motives are. Honestly, I think she's desperate to vindicate her son because, after all, he's still her son, but I have no way of knowing that for sure. However, if that is the case, maternal instinct does not justify unreasonable actions, and these actions are most certainly unreasonable. I give my condolences to Mrs. LaDay on her loss, but I can not condone her actions. They are the epitome of blantant, unjustifiable overreactions.

Hopefully none of us will ever have to go through burying our child, no matter the circumstances.  I still don't think that anyone would know what they would do until in that same situation.  Hopefully some lessons will be learned by all.  Mrs. Laday may continue this fight and keep getting the same results, but she in a position that I wouldn't wish on anyone.  Do I agree?  Not with some of her actions, but do I condemn her...no, because as a parent, this would be a hard pill to swallow.  Just because her son had his tattoos, a criminal past, obviously some drug problems does not mean that she did any worse of a job parenting than you and I...it just means that he chose to go down the wrong path.  Just because someone takes that wrong path, should not make their life any less valuable than mine or yours.  PCP or alcohol...one is as bad as the other...they are both substances that alter one's behaviors, thought processes and reactions.  He could have just as easily been drunk.  Thank God he did not hit another car or a house and no innocent people were injured or killed because of it.  Thank God he did not hit my child because as a parent...ultimately, I would not be doing my job to see that justice was done.  As I said, hopefully none of us will have to face that situation.  I have been equally disturbed by some of the cold-hearted comments aimed at a dead man and his mother.  qx is a leech, but he is obviously good at what he does...manipulation and taking a questionable situation and making it a media-circus to boost himself.  I hope that Mrs. Laday will see that, but moreso, I hope and pray that she will find some closure and find some peace with this soon, but again...this is easy for me to say sitting on the outside.

P.S.  To those of you who have speculated on my previous little acronym...you are just too funny.  I did that because I knew that many of you would interject your own little words into it...the power of assumption.  I don't have any less respect for your opinions even if I don't agree with all you say.

Hopefully none of us will ever have to go through burying our child, no matter the circumstances.  I still don't think that anyone would know what they would do until in that same situation.  Hopefully some lessons will be learned by all.  Mrs. Laday may continue this fight and keep getting the same results, but she in a position that I wouldn't wish on anyone.  Do I agree?  Not with some of her actions, but do I condemn her...no, because as a parent, this would be a hard pill to swallow.  Just because her son had his tattoos, a criminal past, obviously some drug problems does not mean that she did any worse of a job parenting than you and I...it just means that he chose to go down the wrong path.  Just because someone takes that wrong path, should not make their life any less valuable than mine or yours.   PCP or alcohol...one is as bad as the other...they are both substances that alter one's behaviors, thought processes and reactions.   He could have just as easily been drunk.  Thank God he did not hit another car or a house and no innocent people were injured or killed because of it.  Thank God he did not hit my child because as a parent...ultimately, I would not be doing my job to see that justice was done.  As I said, hopefully none of us will have to face that situation.  I have been equally disturbed by some of the cold-hearted comments aimed at a dead man and his mother.   qx is a leech, but he is obviously good at what he does...manipulation and taking a questionable situation and making it a media-circus to boost himself.  I hope that Mrs. Laday will see that, but moreso, I hope and pray that she will find some closure and find some peace with this soon, but again...this is easy for me to say sitting on the outside.

P.S.  To those of you who have speculated on my previous little acronym...you are just too funny.  I did that because I knew that many of you would interject your own little words into it...the power of assumption.  I don't have any less respect for your opinions even if I don't agree with all you say.

I couldn't resist:

1.  Just because someone takes that wrong path, should not make their life any less valuable than mine or yours.  I agree, UNTIL that person starts putting other people in danger.......DUI

2.  PCP or alcohol...one is as bad as the other...they are both substances that alter ones behaviors, thought processes and reactions. One is a Schedule II / Class A, the other is not. One can be taken in moderation, the other cannot.

3.  I have been equally disturbed by some of the cold-hearted comments aimed at a dead man and his mother.   I have been disturbed of the allegations of the LPD with no facts to back them up. Why have you not shown Disgust in the way Lumberton was portrayed as a racist community?

4.  To those of you who have speculated on my previous little acronym...you are just too funny.  I did that because I knew that many of you would interject your own little words into it...the power of assumption.  I'm sure it was a thought out plan  ::).........then tell us,  what did it mean?

Guest DickVitale

Just let this one go...The "perfect" people of SE Texas will never stop judging people...let them be...The Lumberton PD did no wrong and quite frankly I am glad about that.  Laday's mother is in denial about the situation, yes, and should STOP doing what she is doing, but how would some of you "perfect" people from SE Texas like to walk a mile in her shoes right now? Let it go.

Just let this one go...The "perfect" people of SE Texas will never stop judging people...let them be...The Lumberton PD did no wrong and quite frankly I am glad about that.  Laday's mother is in denial about the situation, yes, and should STOP doing what she is doing, but how would some of you "perfect" people from good ole boy SE Texas like to walk a mile in her shoes right now? Let it go.

If you would take the "good ole boy statements out of there, it would have been an excellent post.

Guest DickVitale

Yeah they also said that the time when there is a black president in office pigs would fly!! Then comes SWINE FLU!!  :D :D :D

Just let this one go...The "perfect" people of SE Texas will never stop judging people...let them be...The Lumberton PD did no wrong and quite frankly I am glad about that.  Laday's mother is in denial about the situation, yes, and should STOP doing what she is doing, but how would some of you "perfect" people from SE Texas like to walk a mile in her shoes right now? Let it go.

And the people of SE Texas continually get judged by a Dick!  ;D

I agree that this was tragic and her walk has been painful but she has brought a lot of the scrutiny on herself.  Hopefully she'll be able to find some peace and closure now.  Grief can do strange things to a person. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    PressBox Stats
    Newest Member
    PressBox Stats