Evadale vs Maud In Carthage

Go Rebels.....

Thanks Colmesneilfan

I remember that your boys took home a state baseball title a couple of years back and you know what it means to make it to where the Rebels hope to end up.

We have quite a tradition of great teams in small schools here in SE Texas. It seems to me that some of those glory days from years past are resurrfacing as I can see that there is some great talent on a lot of teams in our area.

I for one am looking forward to getting back on the fields and courts with the Bulldogs, Yellow Jackets, Mustangs, Oilers, Bobcats, Pirates, Sharks and Cardinals in the 2009-2010 school year.

Hope to see you ALL at the games!

Guessin' I am in the minority here but GOOD LUCK to the MAUD CARDINALS!!! Come out with the same intensity that you did against the #1 team in the state and everything will be fine. Cards in two!!

I'm bout "mauded" out...I know Evadale should be scared, but I don't think the Evadale Rebels care who they play right now even if its the team that just had some "intensity against the #1 team in the state".  (subtle scare tactic...don't buy in to  Rebs, just play). Beat the stuffin out of maud and lets mess up graduation weekend!!!

And yes, in the spirit of good sportsmanship...welcome to the board Mr M.   ;D ;D

ps  I didn't hit you with negative karma...I never blame a guy for supporting his team...

Guessin' I am in the minority here but GOOD LUCK to the MAUD CARDINALS!!! Come out with the same intensity that you did against the #1 team in the state and everything will be fine. Cards in two!!

I'm bout "mauded" out...I know Evadale should be scared, but I don't think the Evadale Rebels don't care who they play right now even if its the team that just had some "intensity against the #1 team in the state".  (subtle scare tactic...don't buy in to in Rebs, just play). Beat the stuffin out of maud and lets mess up graduation weekend!!!

And yes, in the spirit of good sportsmanship...welcome to the board Mr M.   ;D ;D

ps  I didn't hit you with negative karma...I never blame a guy for supporting his team...

i aggree so plus 1 for big mo

I'm bout "mauded" out...I know Evadale should be scared, but I don't think the Evadale Rebels care who they play right now even if its the team that just had some "intensity against the #1 team in the state".  (subtle scare tactic...don't buy in to  Rebs, just play). Beat the stuffin out of maud and lets mess up graduation weekend!!!

Not meant as a "scare tactic" at all...just an observation of how we played...when you come out and dominate a team that has gone undefeated all year it has to be done with a lot of focus and intensity...and that is exactly how we played...from having coached a long time the question now is can the Cards keep up the same intensity this week...when you are dealing with 15-18 year olds you never know!!!! I hope we do because I know that Evadale has a very good coaching staff that will have their kids ready to play...any team that makes it this far deserves all the respect in the world...good luck to both teams and most of all safe travel for the fans and safety for the guys playing the game...and thanks for the welcome to the board.

5 1/2 innings of nip-n-tuck baseball...Hits were even at 4 each going into the bottom of the 6th with the Rebels having 3 errors and the Cardinals none.  Both pitchers were doing well and the score was 3-2 Maud on top, and that's when as they say, "the wheels came off"!  When the dust settled the Cardinals put 9 runs on the board in the bottom of the 6th and the error total for the Rebels was at 7.  If your a Reb fan, both are too high!!!  jdb is correct, the game was actually very close till the bottom of the 6th (1 run game) and extra innings didn't seem out of the question.

Maud took care of their business and made no back breaking mistakes; Evadale let this one get away very similar to the last series opener with Douglas.  Now go get the next two. 

Good game and nice class to Maud.

Get your heads cleared and get ready to play your game Rebs...reduce those errors and get me home late Saturday!!!

Nothing but kudo's to the Evadale team...great ballgame for 6 innings...by far the best team we have played throughout the season...Evadale's pitcher did a great job of keeping our hitters off balance all night...Should be some great baseball played on Saturday!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Zachary Latham
    Newest Member
    Zachary Latham