BC's Grant Encalade

Congrats to Senior Catcher Grant Encalade on being named Salutatorian.  Keep up the good work and good luck against Spring Hill.

Weatherholt, Encalade named BC top students

The Port Arthur News

By Sherry Koonce

The News staff writer

Bridge City High School’s top two students future plans couldn’t be more different. While one dreams of a film career, the other sees himself brightening smiles for a living.

Valedictorian Robert Bradley Weatherholt is the son of Reese and Rose Weatherholt, and the grandson of Frank and Eva Hyrhorchuk.

His sisters, Janie, 19, and Kelii, 21, are also BCISD graduates.

As a Mirabeau Scholar recipient, Weatherholt plans to attend Lamar University to study political science and communications. After earning a bachelor’s degree, he plans to attend the University of Texas Law School or the University of Southern California Film School and parlay his studies into a career as a film director.

“I’m glad for what I have learned at Bridge City, and am ready to grow outside of high school,†he said.

During his high school years, Weatherholt was captain of the Academic Team, a Principal’s Honor Roll student, vice-president of the Go Green Club, and a member of the Spanish Club.

He was also a member of the Business Professionals of America, and the Chess Club.

Weatherholt was youth officer at St. Henry Catholic Church for two years and served on its Parish Council.

Among his achievements, Weatherholt was named the Bridge City Chamber of Commerce’s September Student of the Month and attended the Hugh O’Brian Youth Leadership Conference.

Salutatorian Grant Allan Encalade is the son of Joey and Janet Encalade. He is the grandson of Len and Gracie Clark and the late Luke and Dean Encalade. He has one younger sister, 15-year-old Nicole Encalade.

“I’m excited to graduate, and ready to move on and see what else there is to offer. I would like new challenges,†Encalade said.

Encalade is a Principal’s Honor Roll student, is president of the National Honor Society, a member of the Spanish Club, an Executive Student Council member, and a receiver and defensive back for the football team. He is currently the catcher for the school’s baseball team.

He was chosen October Student of the Month for the Bridge City Chamber of Commerce and is an active member of the Bridge City Church of Christ.

Encalade plans to attend Lamar University as a Mirabeau Scholar and pursue a degree in chemistry with aspirations of attending dental school with a specialty in orthodontics.

Guest bleed orange

Grant is a great kid and he is also known by me as "dirt divet". His dad and mom are also awesome people. I love them like family. I am so happy for this kid. Both of his parents are from Orangefield. ;D ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Split Down The Bayou
    Newest Member
    Split Down The Bayou