Morrison asks for patience on coaching decision

Morrison asks for patience on coaching decision

Gabriel Pruett

The Orange Leader

ORANGEFIELD — Orangefield Athletic Director Blake Morrison wants everyone to be a little more patient and not jump the gun on his future.

Morrison was on his way Tuesday afternoon to Coldpsring High School to meet with AD Bryan Barbay about becoming the defensive coordinator for the Trojans.

“I don’t know yet,” Morrison said. “I have been telling people I will make my decision somewhere around Thursday. Then I will give exactly what I am going to do. I have not resigned from Orangefield. I am looking at going through the processes. I want people to just hold on and I will give the go-ahead on what I am doing later.”

Orangefield Superintendent Phillip Welch also reported his office has not received a resignation from Morrison.

Morrison said he will first talk with his family before making a decision on whether to take the Coldspring job and leave Orangefield High School.

“I am headed there now (Tuesday) to Coldspring just to talk with them,” Morrison said. “Right now I am just looking at another position. I will let everyone know on Thursday.”

The Bobcats are 12-34 under the direction of Morrison. Orangefield went 1-7 in 2008 with Orangefield’s win coming against Tarkington.

Morrison stepped up from defensive coordinator in the 2004 season after Kevin Flanigan left for Crosby High School. Flanigan’s last season, 2003, is the last year Orangefield has reached the playoffs.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gametyme05
    Newest Member
    Gametyme05