Mir wants Fedor in UFC (Its true if your the best in the world you need to fight

Guest baseball25

Guest baseball25

for the best organization in the world no EXCUSES...

LAS VEGAS – There is no topic that divides mixed martial arts fans more than Fedor Emelianenko, the former PRIDE heavyweight champion and the man tied with Georges St. Pierre for the top spot in the current Yahoo! Sports pound-for-pound rankings.

Emelianenko’s very vocal supporters treat him with a reverence rarely seen in sports. He’s become an almost mythological figure to these fans. But there are those who believe that Emelianenko can’t fairly be judged until he lands in the Ultimate Fighting Championship and competes in the octagon.

Frank Mir, the UFC’s interim heavyweight champion, said during a question-and-answer session with fans at a UFC Fight Club session on Friday at the MGM Grand Garden Arena that he’d love to fight Emelianenko, but said he’d only do it if it were in the UFC. Mir said that while there are other good fighters in competing promotions, “the best, the deepest pool of fighters†is in the UFC.

“If he’s called the best fighter in the world, why wouldn’t he want to come to the UFC and prove it?†Mir asked. “I know I would.â€

Mike Goldberg, the UFC’s play-by-play announcer who co-hosted the Q&A with Mir, concurred. And Goldberg made an analogy about football championships in an attempt to point out why Emelianenko needs to compete in the UFC.

“If you win an Arena Football League title, it’s a ring and you’re a great athlete and you deserve it,†Goldberg said. “If you were in the XFL and you won in the XFL with those uniforms, you are still a champion. If you won in the USFL – Doug Flutie and the boys, Herschel Walker – you were a USFL champion. But at the end of the day, all those players wish they had a Super Bowl ring and that they won in the NFL. And that equates to what Frank’s talking about.â€

Mir used that analogy to continue, pointing out that as great a quarterback as Dan Marino was during his career with the Miami Dolphins, his legacy is tarnished somewhat by not having a Super Bowl ring.

Mir also suggested that a fighter with good technical boxing skills could beat Emelianenko.

“Fedor has fast hands and is a very aggressive puncher,†said Mir, who meets Brock Lesnar for the undisputed UFC heavyweight title at UFC 100 on July 11 at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas. “But a lot of times when he swings, he goes slightly off-balance. If you sit there in front of him, [it’s trouble]. Tim Sylvia could answer that question. But if you use proper boxing, like Andrei Arlovski was doing up to the last five seconds of their fight, you see what happens. I think a very technical fighter will bother Fedor a little bit.

“[A guy] using straight punches, [a guy] with good head movement. That’s what you want. That’s a code word for skill. He’s a very powerful, quick athlete, which some people don’t realize when looking at his body. But if you fight him with skill, I think you can do very well. I thought Andrei was winning that fight until – I don’t know what that was that Andrei did.â€

Now, it’s time to move on to your questions and comments, most of which are about UFC 98, in this week’s mailbag. My answers are in italics. Also, please remember to follow me on Twitter. Feel free to send me mailbag questions via Twitter, as well.

Whats funny to me about all this recent Mir calling out Fedor stuff is that he has been so blantantly told to do this.

Not even 6  months ago Mir was publicly saying he doesnt think he could beat Fedor.  Mir needs to fight other top HWs like Gonzaga, Kongo, Carwin, etc first to prove his worth, he got that 1 big win, but it was just 1 big win.

Also all these comparisons with UFC and other sports and Fedor validating his career by being in the top org are ridiculous.  Fedor was the champ of the org with the top HW division for years.  When UFC had Eilers coming off KO losses for HW title shots Fedor was fighting prime CroCop in the most anticipated HW fight in MMA history!!!!

fedor's next opponent, josh barnett has amassed a career record of 24-5, and they want him to fight a 3-1 lesnar, a 16-9 couture, or a 12-3 mir who was tko'd by vera? Thats a joke!

if carwin,cain,lesnar, or mir can prove themselves over the course of 3 or 4 fights, maybe then the division will take some shape. until that time the burden is on those heavyweights to establish they belong in the ring with fedor, not vice versa.

When did the UFC HW title become so prestigious?

Was it after Randy vacated it when he lost in RINGS? After Mir vacated it? When Arlovski's interim title became the real title? After Eilers got a title shot coming off a KO loss? After Randy got a shot coming off a KO loss at a lower weight class? After 2-1 Brock won it?

Im failing to see why the UFC HW belt means so much that the consensus best HW ever must fight for it..... :-\

mir and lesnar both hold the interim belt they unify it at UFC 100.... and as far as fedor goes if you watched the arlovski fight AA was winning the fight until he tried the flying knee and got caught in air by a big right....and venom im sure if you ask anyone including fedor fighting any of those 5 HWs wouldnt be a joke.. also you mention him fighting CroCop look what happened to crocop in the UFC maybe not the best reference

mir and lesnar both hold the interim belt they unify it at UFC 100.... and as far as fedor goes if you watched the arlovski fight AA was winning the fight until he tried the flying knee and got caught in air by a big right....and venom im sure if you ask anyone including fedor fighting any of those 5 HWs wouldnt be a joke.. also you mention him fighting CroCop look what happened to crocop in the UFC maybe not the best reference

what????? the ufc hw class is a joke,unstable at best--- Mir vacated the belt, Arlovski won the interim which became the HW title.  The UFC HW division then solely consisted of Arlovski and Sylvia for years, whilst the PRIDE HW division was stacked.  After Sylvia beat Arlovski in the 3rd fight, there was literally noone for him to fight as the division was so weak, so UFC had to get a retired LHW coming off a KO loss back in the fray for a title shot, which he won then went on to defend once before going on a 14 month hiatus.  When he came back to fight a 2-1 fighter, he lost the belt and now that belt is having to be combined with the interim title that was created in Randy's 14 month absence.  On top of all this, Arlovski was the outright No.1 contender for the title, when he left the division to fight the best HW in the world and got brutally KTFO!!!!. how funny is that, "he was winning until he lost???hahahaha And another top contender in Werdum also left the division! Any UFC HW who strings 2 wins together these days all of a sudden become Fedor's worst nightmare, its hysterical.  People used to say the same garbage they say about Mir, Brock, etc about Arlovski and Sylvia a few years ago!  The UFC may have prestige, and name value, but without Fedor, their heavyweight division simply isn't for the real belt. It isn't the big game and their heavyweights are fighting for the title of best big fish in a small pond.

The best HW in the world was crowned the best in 2003, 6 years later nothing has changed

At the moment, beating Fedor is the most prestigious "title" in HW MMA. Fedor doesn't have to go to the UFC to prove his #1 position, but a UFC HW does have to beat Fedor to become #1. This is undeniable.  A shiny bit of metal that has UFC on it, means nothing!

Barnett and Overeem are FAR better competition than any UFC hw! Again,Fedor's next opponent, Barnett, has a career record of 24-5, and you want him to fight a 3-1 lesnar, a 16-9 couture, or a 12-3 mir who was tko'd by vera...... :-\

The Pride Crocop and UfC Crocop are two totally different fighters! When Fedor fought him in Pride it was in CroCops prime when he was brutally destroying fighters! Im hoping CroCop comes back 100% healthy.

Guest lirpav73

As my first official post on here, I hope I don't offend anyone, but here is my opinion, like it or leave it. We all know that Fedor has the best record in MMA in his division, but if you think about it, you would have the best record too if you only fought once a year. I happen to like Fedor as a fighter, but in order to be the "BADDEST MAN ON THE PLANET", in my opinion, that person would be fighting as much as possible to legitimize this title and truly be worthy of it. There is no denying that Fedor is good, but agree or not, the UFC is the best organization, and to be truly considered to be the "BADDEST MAN ON THE PLANET", you need to have conquered the TOP of each organization.  I know that you Fedor fanatics think that he has nothing to prove, but take your blinders off for just one second, and you will realize that your precious Fedor was getting his A@@ kicked by Andre until he made that stupid mistake with the flying knee.  And give Brock Lesnar a few years of experience under his belt and there will be no stopping him, including "THE ALMIGHTY FEDOR".

As my first official post on here, I hope I don't offend anyone, but here is my opinion, like it or leave it. We all know that Fedor has the best record in MMA in his division, but if you think about it, you would have the best record too if you only fought once a year. I happen to like Fedor as a fighter, but in order to be the "BADDEST MAN ON THE PLANET", in my opinion, that person would be fighting as much as possible to legitimize this title and truly be worthy of it. There is no denying that Fedor is good, but agree or not, the UFC is the best organization, and to be truly considered to be the "BADDEST MAN ON THE PLANET", you need to have conquered the TOP of each organization.  I know that you Fedor fanatics think that he has nothing to prove, but take your blinders off for just one second, and you will realize that your precious Fedor was getting his A@@ kicked by Andre until he made that stupid mistake with the flying knee.  And give Brock Lesnar a few years of experience under his belt and there will be no stopping him, including "THE ALMIGHTY FEDOR".

This isnt WWE  ;)...He is fighting the top HW's in the world! Let me understand this, do you believe Mir 12-3,Lesnar 3-1, or Couture 16-9 is a better fight for him than Arlovski was or Josh Barnett is? You say he should fight the best yet condemn him for doing so. The UFC doesnt have the best HW's out there! He has fought the top contenders for years now and beaten all of them! What more does he have to do???? There is NOBODY in the UFC ,including Mir who is riding a three fight win streak, that Fedor needs to fight to "legitimize" his legacy as the best MMA fighter ever. The top HW prize in MMA isnt a shiny belt with UFC, WAMMA, or PRIDE written on it, its beating Fedor, who has been the #1 HW since 2003 and nothing has changed!The only thing that HW championship belt does is allow the fight to go five rounds!  Fedor doesnt have to fight anyone in the UFC to prove hes #1 but they all HAVE to fight him if they ever want to be ranked as the top HW! It doesnt matter where you fight its who youre fighting.. example: if GSP up and went to Strikeforce tomorrow he would still be the #1 WW in the world, it doesnt matter where he fights hes still GSP! I will say without a doubt that the UFC is the most well known, lucrative MMA company in the world but they are WAYYYY behind in the HW division!

Your statement concerning Arlovski beating Fedor until Fedor almost decapitated him shows you arent much of a fan! How lame is it to tell someone that you were winning until you lost? Im curious though, what exactly does that mean and what relevance does that have on a fighters record or legacy? Ok, Arlovski was landing more in the first round until he was KTFO!!!

Brush up on your MMA and Fedor before posting again and realize there are many different fighters in the world with many different styles and just because they dont have a signed contract with the UFC doesnt diminsh their skills at all!

As my first official post on here, I hope I don't offend anyone, but here is my opinion, like it or leave it. We all know that Fedor has the best record in MMA in his division, but if you think about it, you would have the best record too if you only fought once a year. I happen to like Fedor as a fighter, but in order to be the "BADDEST MAN ON THE PLANET", in my opinion, that person would be fighting as much as possible to legitimize this title and truly be worthy of it. There is no denying that Fedor is good, but agree or not, the UFC is the best organization, and to be truly considered to be the "BADDEST MAN ON THE PLANET", you need to have conquered the TOP of each organization.  I know that you Fedor fanatics think that he has nothing to prove, but take your blinders off for just one second, and you will realize that your precious Fedor was getting his A@@ kicked by Andre until he made that stupid mistake with the flying knee.  And give Brock Lesnar a few years of experience under his belt and there will be no stopping him, including "THE ALMIGHTY FEDOR".

I want to make sure I didnt miss anything, do you have any UNOFFICIAL posts on this site?

Guest baseball25

Fedor is the best lilpervert lol, I mean in reality i joke on here alot with people and mess around about fedor but he is the best and if he doesn't want to fight in the UFC then he doesn't have too becasue he's the best heavyweight every, now do you I want to see him fight in the UFC well heck yeah of course I do. I would love to see him fight lesnar,mir, and the natural just because it would be interesting, would he beat them yeah he would beat them, could lesnar give him a scare heck yeah lesnar would give me a scare but FEDOR can do what he wants lilpervert because he is the MAN, but lilpervert you got to watch MMA a little more than what you prob have instead of watchign the ladder,tables, and chairs match in WWE because its totally different sweetheat. and LIL perv the flying knee kick alot of people do that but the pitbull is dumb for trying to do that to FEDOR LOL is was DUMB

I happen to agree with LIRPAV73 in the fact that anyone that only fights once a year can obtain and keep a perfect record. ANd why has the WWE been brought into this thread when it has no relevance what so ever. Brock Lesnar has been out of the WWE for quite some time, but anytime his name is mentioned, people discredit him. And if this truly is a discussion board, then people should be able to voice their opinion without being attacked and talked down too.  I find it funny that you people want to bash Brock, but noone says anything about any other former wrestlers that have joined MMA, like Bobby Lashley, for instance, who I think is gonna do very well in this sport. I hope you Fedor Lovers enjoy this time that he is on top of the sport, because all good  things must come to an end, and someone WILL beat him, and knock him down a peg or two. Don't get me wrong, Fedor is good, as proof in his record, but he is not perfect and his lucky streak won't last forever... ;)

While I know that it will never happen partly because of how boxing went south after allowing all the different organizations to have belts but mostly because White will never go for it, I would love it if the organizations would finally allow the champions of each one fight each other if nothing else to prove who the best fighters are and give the fans a great matchup.

I would love to see Fedor fight whoever is the winner of Lesnar/Mir. But with all this parity going on at least we as fans are interested. It is kind of like the fans clamoring for a playoff instead of the BCS in college football. We all know it is the best thing but it will never happen, and the same here. It would be the best and most logical thing to do but it won't ever happen.

I happen to agree with LIRPAV73 in the fact that anyone that only fights once a year can obtain and keep a perfect record. ANd why has the WWE been brought into this thread when it has no relevance what so ever. Brock Lesnar has been out of the WWE for quite some time, but anytime his name is mentioned, people discredit him. And if this truly is a discussion board, then people should be able to voice their opinion without being attacked and talked down too.  I find it funny that you people want to bash Brock, but noone says anything about any other former wrestlers that have joined MMA, like Bobby Lashley, for instance, who I think is gonna do very well in this sport. I hope you Fedor Lovers enjoy this time that he is on top of the sport, because all good  things must come to an end, and someone WILL beat him, and knock him down a peg or two. Don't get me wrong, Fedor is good, as proof in his record, but he is not perfect and his lucky streak won't last forever... ;)

You cant be serious! Lucky streak? Hes fought EVERYBODY! He doesnt need a pretty belt around his waist to solidify his place as one of, if not the best the sport has ever had. Again I say,the top prize in MMA is not a polished belt its beating Fedor! He doesnt need the UFC and the UFC doesnt need him, but any heavyweight in the world,who wants to be considered the best and ranked #1 HAS TO BEAT FEDOR!

Look at the begining of Fedors career, he fought 3-4 times per year becasue he had to.. Now he fights because he wants to! Also, when you look at the begining of his career look at the names he put away!

I cant quite figure out what type of "mma fan" you are, but I have a solid idea...

You cant be serious! Lucky streak? Hes fought EVERYBODY! He doesnt need a pretty belt around his waist to solidify his place as one of, if not the best the sport has ever had. Again I say,the top prize in MMA is not a polished belt its beating Fedor! He doesnt need the UFC and the UFC doesnt need him, but any heavyweight in the world,who wants to be considered the best and ranked #1 HAS TO BEAT FEDOR!

Look at the begining of Fedors career, he fought 3-4 times per year becasue he had to.. Now he fights because he wants to! Also, when you look at the begining of his career look at the names he put away!

I cant quite figure out what type of "mma fan" you are, but I have a solid idea...

I can't quite figure out what type of "mma fan" you are either, the only thing you do is talk about FEDOR this and FEDOR that, like he is the "ONLY" fighter in the whole sport of MMA. Broaden your horizons man, I have. I happen to be a fan of all of the organizations, but just like you say FEDOR is the #1 ranked HW in the world (which he is), the UFC is also the #1 organization in the world. I am not saying that I am a "UFC nuthugger", because I happen to like and watch MMA in any way, shape, or form, but it just happens to be on top right now. And I don't need to spit out a page of stats to prove that I am an MMA FAN...

im talking about fedor because thats what this thread is about! broaden your horizon man and read the title of each thread before you decide to start posting!

you talk about stats... numbers dont lie and when it all comes down to it thats what you have is numbers and stats. take a few minutes and read all of the other mma threads and you will see that i talk about many other fighters! see, i understand that their are MANY other fighting orgainzations in the world and their are legit fighters in each one of them. Ive always said the UFC is the pinnacle but please dont be so ignorant to think its the "be all end all" of mma!

Im sure you have your favorite fighters you follow(Mir and Huerta) as do I and all the other people who post in these forums, so please refrain from coming on threads and complaining when posters are posting about the THREADS TOPIC!

Also, it does help to know a little bit about what youre talking about before posting, you dont need a page of stats but next time you post try using a little bit of common sense and logic!

Orlavski hit the canvas face first. He is so lucky that the follow-up left missed. Fedor reminds me of boxer Alexis Arguello (The Mechanic). Fedor studies his opponent, looks for his opening, and attacks. I've seen him completely picked up in the air and slammed almost on his neck/head. Thirty seconds later, he had his opponent in an arm bar. Fedor can beat you any way you can think of. He can knock you out with either hand or submit you with never ending punches and moves.

This is what kills me about the fight sport. There's always the ones who say 'Well, he hasn't fought him yet"...BS, Fedor already has.

Guest baseball25

MMA FAN we are talking about FEDOR being the best heavyweight out there, and he is but the guy has nothing else to prove because he's thats great...Like I said would i like to see him in the UFC hell yeah I would but does he have to go to the UFC hell no he doesn't, will he one day be in the UFC maybe so but who in the UFC is a threat??MAYBE lesnar thats it but lesnar is young and dumb and that means he makes alot of mistakes, theirs only one fight out there for FEDOR and thats LESNAR so why does FEDOR have to go to the UFC right now? He doesn't have to go because lesnar isn't proven but when the time comes FEDOR will fight that fight in the UFC is lesnar gets better because it would break all kinds of records and I mean all kinds........FEDOR is the best by far so let the best do what he wants, and if he wants to come to the UFC so be it but if he doesn't it does not hurt his legacy...mma fan u sound like lil perv to me all of sudden you show up on this message board and start chirping and lil perv did the same thing too.something is fishy here..

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Zachary Latham
    Newest Member
    Zachary Latham