Petition to get Cooper fired....

Guest JoesBros

Guest JoesBros

He lost this clubhouse a long time ago and now he call's Roy out the petition starts here. Lets fire Cecil and put Jose Cruz in the rest of the season!

Don't do that to Jose Cruz! He doesnt deserve to have to live through that. Geez, be nice to him. LOL

Yeah, Cruz doesn't need to be thrown to the wolves.......If we lose 2 out of 3 to the Pirates this weekend, something has to be done....Would Larry Dierker come back? Would his health allow it? Maybe interim?

Maybe Bobby V in the future? 

the players and fans would instantly be behind them, and there are a lot of players in the league who respect him enough to come play for him.  i could definitely see him drawing in some quality free agents.  plus, he has to get his start somewhere.  with a team that's on a downturn, it's not like he's going to hurt them with his inexperience.

What's the point of firing Cooper now.  This team is going nowhere.  They simply don't have the pitching to get it done this season.  Bringing someone in now just puts them behind the eight ball from the start.  I knew someone would throw out Biggio - that would be great, but when he fails with this team as well, do we fire him?

I say let Cooper have till the break and if things are still this bad, let the bench coach take over for the rest of the year, see what you can get for Oswalt and Valverde and maybe Tejada and start looking in earnest for a REAL mananger in the offseason.

Someone that can help develop the young talent that we do have. (The little that there is.)

i don't see the point to this bulletin.

if the astros come back like they did in 05, it won't be because of cecil cooper. it's going to take a good acqusition at the trade deadline. this isn't coopers fault. the pitching staff blows. only ONE team in the big leagues had a worse ERA as a staff. this isn't something cooper can fix.

Jesus hasn't managed baseball in a while  ;D so give it up folks. Let's hope for a miracle, looks like that is what it is going to take..

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Split Down The Bayou
    Newest Member
    Split Down The Bayou