Ran into Roland Martin on Sabine

Wife n I was down at Sabine yesterday, had 4 reds along with 14 trout in the boat from the jetties, we ran back down the channel to a spot close to the causeway to try for a flounder or 3. We had just started our drift when a boat pulls in rite on top of us asking about fuel on the water, I'm thinking I know the guy running when it hits me, I ask are you Roland Martin, he pulled his shades off and says "thats me" I about pooped. My wife had no idea who he was and was a bit reluctant when I asked for a pic of her n him. We BSed a bit about the lake and on where we had been getting our reds, told him the jetties and he said they had too just come from there and they broke 2 rods on oversized reds, I told him of a cpl of my 'honey holes' but he told me he knew of a few spots also but would like to stay on the top end of the slot size fish as a 27 7/8" fish. I pulled out the 4 we had and all were between 26- 28, he told me IF he could get 3 like them each day he would be well pleased. Without a dought he will be on the jetties come Fri tru Sunday. I have some pics but cant post up?????

DUDE!  You had me all excited.  I mis-read your subject, and I thought it said "Ran OVER Roland Martin.  Personally, I find him very obnoxious.

He is but I like meeting celebrities .... up until they get rude in public. Seem that a few times but also some very nice celebrities.

He is the best fisherman on the planet. JMHO

And if you don't believe it, just ask him.

I think it was Bill Dance that I was watching one Sunday morning on ESPN many years ago and he caught a bass. As he was pulling it out of the water, he said something like, "Here is a nice four pounder..... or a Roland Martin eight pounder".  :D

I think it was Bill Dance that I was watching one Sunday morning on ESPN many years ago and he caught a bass. As he was pulling it out of the water, he said something like, "Here is a nice four pounder..... or a Roland Martin eight pounder". 

lol he is like that though. sometimes he will catch a bass and you can tell its not over 5pnds and he will say its 7 or 8pnds.

• 3 weeks later...

I think it was Bill Dance that I was watching one Sunday morning on ESPN many years ago and he caught a bass. As he was pulling it out of the water, he said something like, "Here is a nice four pounder..... or a Roland Martin eight pounder". 

lol he is like that though. sometimes he will catch a bass and you can tell its not over 5pnds and he will say its 7 or 8pnds.

Also, he'll always out-do you.  "Oh, your snapper is 12#?  Mine looks like it's about 12 1/4#!"

I used to have a friend like that.............used to.

Also, he'll always out-do you.  "Oh, your snapper is 12#?  Mine looks like it's about 12 1/4#!"

I did too. He wasn't always the person to outdo you but he always knew someone that had. Sometimes he had to stretch pretty far for the story too.

You could say, "I caught a 8.5 pound bass this weekend on Rayburn". His response would be, "That ain't nothing. I have an uncle whose sister-in-law knows a guy that works with a man in Houston and he caught one at 10 pounds the same weekend on a Zebco 33".

I did too. He wasn't always the person to outdo you but he always knew someone that had. Sometimes he had to stretch pretty far for the story too.

You could say, "I caught a 8.5 pound bass this weekend on Rayburn". His response would be, "That ain't nothing. I have an uncle whose sister-in-law knows a guy that works with a man in Houston and he caught one at 10 pounds the same weekend on a Zebco 33".

biggest bass i ever caught...

HEY!  I KNOW that guy!  LOL

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Zachary Latham
    Newest Member
    Zachary Latham