• High Island
    • H-D
    • West Hardin
    • Sabine Pass

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im gonna say Evadale getting the repeat with a toss up for 2nd and 3rd between Hull and West Hardin. The Rebs have a lot of talent going into the 09 season granit they lost a bunch of good seniors but they are well coached an will be able to hold their own. 

Guest Luther X Jr.

im gonna say Evadale getting the repeat with a toss up for 2nd and 3rd between Hull and West Hardin. The Rebs have a lot of talent going into the 09 season granit they lost a bunch of good seniors but they are well coached an will be able to hold their own. 

I do see a repeat this season for the rebels but thats only if they play hard all season.... I'd watch out for those Burkeville Mustangs    :)

• 4 weeks later...

Evadale had a solid team. everyone on the squad executed really well last year. . . . .they have a good set of coach's. but im looking for H-D to pull it off this year..... they have a ton of heart. and they have been getting up to the weight room this summer so far. GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE IN 23-1A

Titles are won and lost in the off season, in the weight room and conditioning. 

the Gilmore kid really didn't impress me when i saw him play. In my openion HD is the 3rd best team in the district behind Evadale and at this point slightly behind WH unless some kids really improve this off-season. HD has to many people to replace and no one on their team can replace that big runningback/linebacker they had.

the Gilmore kid really didn't impress me when i saw him play. In my openion HD is the 3rd best team in the district behind Evadale and at this point slightly behind WH unless some kids really improve this off-season. HD has to many people to replace and no one on their team can replace that big runningback/linebacker they had.

What are you smoking? H-D 3rd best !!! You do know we are talking about football? First of all Evadale lost way more players than H-D. And West Hardin lost their over rated QB, that H-D just killed last season in that blowout win vs the oilers. Also sorry you were not impressed by our awesome sophmore last year, that recorded over 100 tackles and ran over everyone in district. Just remember the name KEITH GILMORE !!!

What are you smoking? H-D 3rd best !!! You do know we are talking about football? First of all Evadale lost way more players than H-D. And West Hardin lost their over rated QB, that H-D just killed last season in that blowout win vs the oilers. Also sorry you were not impressed by our awesome sophmore last year, that recorded over 100 tackles and ran over everyone in district. Just remember the name KEITH GILMORE !!!

I thought evadale shut you up last year?

they did and if I'm not mistaken HD was tied with WH at half time until a young oiler team got tired of tackling Aaron cook without cook WH would have won the game last year and the only player that WH lost was their QB. The oilers defense will be as good as Evadales was last year and i don't think that supper sophomore you talk about did much against them.

Siad it before and I'll say it again. This will be a reloading year for the Rebels, not a rebuilding one. While we lost a great group of seniors, we have plenty of leadership and talent coming back for 2009. Only time will tell about any team, but I do not look for the Rebels to miss a step this year and I see another district crown in the trophy case at the end of this season too. "They will make nice bookends!" 

Time to chime in!  I'm making a bold prediction, that West Hardin has the #1 defense this!  Only lost one true defensive person from last, should be a very good unit.  If, we don't win district, we'll have 2nd!!

I am not being ugly but I am asking what makes you thing WH is going that good this  year when you lost your main off. player and most of your scoring. Just asking? Even if the def. is that good how are you going to score?  I am a big Evadale backer but don't over look High Island this year. They played Evadale a good game last year, and I don't think they lost much. And hopefully they wont to deal with any storms this year. So they can play on Friday night instead of Saturday day games

Time to chime in!  I'm making a bold prediction, that West Hardin has the #1 defense this!  Only lost one true defensive person from last, should be a very good unit.  If, we don't win district, we'll have 2nd!!

I am not being ugly but I am asking what makes you thing WH is going that good this  year when you lost your main off. player and most of your scoring. Just asking? Even if the def. is that good how are you going to score?  I am a big Evadale backer but don't over look High Island this year. They played Evadale a good game last year, and I don't think they lost much. And hopefully they wont to deal with any storms this year. So they can play on Friday night instead of Saturday day games

You hit on a good point, by the time the HI/Evadale game was played last year it was late in the season and it took Evadale nearly a half to get into playing Saturday-DAY.  HI played pretty good D for 2 1/2 quarters then the Rebs just out maned them. 

As for the order this year, I still say Evadale/ HD/ WH, maybe HI.  The Gilmore kid is surely a good player from Hull but in all honesty, no one from Hull hurt Evadale last year nor did the district MVP from WH.  If the numbers come out again for the Rebs, they'll be a handful, but I do believe Hull wants the title back really bad.  A few more weeks and we'll see things much more clearly.

Good luck to all...should be a dog fight in the top 4 spots.

Time to chime in!  I'm making a bold prediction, that West Hardin has the #1 defense this!  Only lost one true defensive person from last, should be a very good unit.  If, we don't win district, we'll have 2nd!!

I am not being ugly but I am asking what makes you thing WH is going that good this  year when you lost your main off. player and most of your scoring. Just asking? Even if the def. is that good how are you going to score?  I am a big Evadale backer but don't over look High Island this year. They played Evadale a good game last year, and I don't think they lost much. And hopefully they wont to deal with any storms this year. So they can play on Friday night instead of Saturday day games

I don't get offended very often & your absolutely right about losing Copeland.  My thoughts are that last year with Copeland, as Evadale & HD did so effectively, you shutdown Copeland & you shutdown the whole team.  This year should have more emphasis on TEAM and not just superstar.  He was a great player and all around good person, but it was too much about him.  We still have a lot of speed coming back for offensive weapons, my only question is who's going to be running the offense.  I have my ideas, but we'll see what comes out in 2-a-days.

Once the offense gets clicking, we should be okay.  Like I said our defense is returning all main players, except Allen Jones.

It's easy for us as parents or fans to talk trash, but the players are the ones who must sacrifice and perform on the field.  Good luck to all players and coaches and fans who travel.  See ya'll at the games.  Should be fun!

"Offense sells tickets; Defense wins championships".

by Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant Jr.

Ask Evadale about this one!  Good job last year Rebels!

Guest curtissimo

I think itll be hard for evadale to repeat because teams like WH and H-D are gonna be hungry to beat em. I know i would love to beat Evadale, everytime i see one of their players they talk trash about how they beat us so bad.

It will be a dog fight between WH and Evadale for second place. H-D will finish first just like we should. After all we are known for our great football tradition. Let WH and Evadale fight for the scraps. Good Luck and good health to all. By the way Keith Gilmore will be signing autographs at best food store at around 10 am on Wednesday.

Time to chime in!  I'm making a bold prediction, that West Hardin has the #1 defense this!  Only lost one true defensive person from last, should be a very good unit.  If, we don't win district, we'll have 2nd!!

I am not being ugly but I am asking what makes you thing WH is going that good this  year when you lost your main off. player and most of your scoring. Just asking? Even if the def. is that good how are you going to score?  I am a big Evadale backer but don't over look High Island this year. They played Evadale a good game last year, and I don't think they lost much. And hopefully they wont to deal with any storms this year. So they can play on Friday night instead of Saturday day games

I don't get offended very often & your absolutely right about losing Copeland.  My thoughts are that last year with Copeland, as Evadale & HD did so effectively, you shutdown Copeland & you shutdown the whole team.  This year should have more emphasis on TEAM and not just superstar.  He was a great player and all around good person, but it was too much about him.  We still have a lot of speed coming back for offensive weapons, my only question is who's going to be running the offense.  I have my ideas, but we'll see what comes out in 2-a-days.

Once the offense gets clicking, we should be okay.  Like I said our defense is returning all main players, except Allen Jones.

It's easy for us as parents or fans to talk trash, but the players are the ones who must sacrifice and perform on the field.  Good luck to all players and coaches and fans who travel.  See ya'll at the games.  Should be fun!

"Offense sells tickets; Defense wins championships".

by Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant Jr.

Ask Evadale about this one!  Good job last year Rebels!

I hope you do have a more team orientated off. this year and if so it will be a change from last year. WH was a one man team and that made them easy to stop. But I think Copeland's dad was a coach and he was going to make sure the kid shined. Don't blame him , the kid was a good player and he deserved to go play collage ball. Deff. looking forward to the WH and Evadale game this that will prob. be for the dist. Don't see HD replacing the QB this year. Did not see the JV QB impress this year.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    PressBox Stats
    Newest Member
    PressBox Stats