Thanks!!!!!

To all the fans of Silsbee Lady Tiger basketball, everyone associated with district 21-3A, to my girls that have hit the hardwood for me these past three years, and to those of you who have touched and blessed my life while I was Head Girl's Basketball Coach for the Lady Tigers, I want to say Thanks from the bottom of my heart. As I move on to coach the Kountze Lionettes, I will miss you but I look forward to the opportunities and challenges with KHS. The decision to move on was very difficult but I feel that this is God's direction for me. Carol Sims, you have been one of my closest friends in this profession dating back to when I was at Lumberton and you were at Nederland and HJ. We had some real barn burners over the years. I will miss the sleepless nights preparing for those last second finishes. I wish you the best in your retirement, but I know that Janet and Mike will have everything under control for the Lady Hawks. To Chris Jost and the rest of the 21-3A coaches, you are class acts too and I know you will do well too. To Tiger voice Wayne Brasher, I will miss your prescence and gift of announcing at our games. To Ang Green, Prissy Fowler, Chelsye Tyler  and the many other girls who have played for me and have also gone on to play in college...thanks for the great efforts! To Mary Moody, Shan Shankle, and the rest of my girls from this past season, thanks for the opportunity to coach you. To Old Ref Joe Whitted, thanks for your friendship and your prayers and for being such a strong inspiration to me! To Lindsay Leach, you were an outstanding player to coach and the very best assistant coach anyone could ever have! To my sister-in-law, Dede and her family, and to my daughter Meagan, son Dustin, and son-in-law Travis, thanks for you undying support. And finally, to my soul mate and bride for over 25 years, Scottie (or Mama Scottie as the girls call you), you are the best and I look forward to this next step in our lives with you being right there with me every step of the way! I love you girl! Thank you God for allowing me to be a part of this profession. And thanks again to Silsbee for your wonderful support! And then to the Kountze Lionettes, I look forward to leading you into the years ahead!

God Bless You!

Coach Bob Killam

What a tremendously classy person you are Bob!!!  The entire profession is lucky to have people like you in it.  Your loyalty, support, understanding and love for kids is remarkable.  You are a person who not only talks the talk...but walks the walk.  You live your life as an example to others. You have had such a positive impact on not only your players...but officials, administrators and fans.  You even served as an example to those of us coaching against you on the opposite bench. You had a great run at Silsbee and I know you will do the same at Kountze. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gametyme05
    Newest Member
    Gametyme05