Lebron James lack of sportsmanship after game 6

Guest DickVitale

Ridiculous

Had Kobe or Carmelo pulled this stunt yall would be calling for their heads

why?  i like all three players, but love none of them.  i put them all in the elite class of players in this league, and i would've reacted similarly to any of them doing this.  i think the media would have, too.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To the comment about MJ never doing this...well it's easy not to act like that when you never lose. He lost one playoff series in his last seven years of basketball (and the one he lost was a shortened year when he came out of retirement).

Don't even put Kobe and Lebron in the same sentence when it comes to character. Lebron is one of the few superstars that kids can look up to as an individual. Kobe has a lot of low character moments. Now...two years ago didn't he say that he wanted to be traded and part of that reason was b/c he didn't have the team around him to win??? This radio convo with Steven A. Smith was played everywhere...pretty much said "Hey my teammates aren't good enough...trade me." However, he's done a great job since then with acting professional at all times. Lebron walked off the court at the end of the game and I read he did it last year...it must mean it's a crushing loss when the season comes to an end. Not that big of a deal.

Guest DickVitale

Rizon you could not be more WRONG...MJ lost playoff series from 1984-1991...Often losing to the Pistons in the late 80's and early 90's! MJ ALWAYS showed class in defeat and he is more of a competitor than Lebron will EVER be...JUST SHOW CLASS...Thats the only problem that I had with it..Lebron is a good dude and I am certain that he feels bad for what he did, and hopefully he will learn from it and do better next time it happens.

Rizon you could not be more WRONG...MJ lost playoff series from 1984-1991...Often losing to the Pistons in the late 80's and early 90's! MJ ALWAYS showed class in defeat and he is more of a competitor than Lebron will EVER be...JUST SHOW CLASS...Thats the only problem that I had with it..Lebron is a good dude and I am certain that he feels bad for what he did, and hopefully he will learn from it and do better next time it happens

i agree with you on the jordan showed class no matter if he won or lost, but what can you learn from walking off the court after a frustrating loss?

Rizon you could not be more WRONG...MJ lost playoff series from 1984-1991...Often losing to the Pistons in the late 80's and early 90's! MJ ALWAYS showed class in defeat and he is more of a competitor than Lebron will EVER be...JUST SHOW CLASS...Thats the only problem that I had with it..Lebron is a good dude and I am certain that he feels bad for what he did, and hopefully he will learn from it and do better next time it happens.

I believe I said MJ's last seven years. So how could I be more WRONG...last seven years...6 rings and the only playoff loss was when he came out of retirement. I am not saying what Lebron did was right...he's 24 and human...contrary to popular belief...let the guy make a mistake...I'm sorry you have never made one...haha

thats really gay to get fined $25,000 for not shaking hands after a frustraiting loss.If you got knocked out in a boxing match would you get up and shake hands with the guy that just dropped your butt? I dont think so.

i agree, but if you think about it, $25K for him is like 25 bucks for me and you.

thats really gay to get fined $25,000 for not shaking hands after a frustraiting loss.If you got knocked out in a boxing match would you get up and shake hands with the guy that just dropped your butt? I dont think so.

Actually, in UFC, they hug each other. Not taking sides, I think it's wrong to fine Lebron. I missed the end of that game. Does anyone have a clip of Lebron not shaking hands?

So you are saying that a guy of his stature does not have a responsibility to be professional even in defeat? Win or lose, you should ALWAYS be a professional...MJ never stormed off of the court or refused to talk to the media during those years when Detroit was beating them in the East Finals..No excuse...He was wrong for his actions...Its really NOT THAT big of an issue, but, he WAS wrong for showing poor sportsmanship with millions of impressionable kids looking on, watching his every move..

IMO i think it shows how sometimes one's emotions can get the best of one and cause one's actions to not be totally representative of the personf..  I hear what you're saying about the kids who look up to him but he is human and the kids need to understand that part as well.  I agree that in the big picture, it's not that much of a major issue.

Frustration can get the best of you sometimes. I would've been pretty upset myself, damn. He played the second half of the series dawn near by himself. I also don't blame him for expressing his interest in leaving the Crackerland Cavs. They are definately sole owners of crack city now. I still like Labron though. He'll get him a championship, just not in Cleveland.

Just hate to see young kids put so much hype in to any one that just plays a game. Why cant they look up to their school teachers, police, are parents. Most of these players never went to any classes to get a education. They just PLAY A GAME.  Don't get me wrong I love sports but we have to put it in perspective. Kids cant worship these players, AS Charles Barkley once said he never sign up to be a role model he was just a basketball player. What Lebron did  In the big picture is not that big of a deal. I just think that our kids need to pick better role models. Remember not that long ago how many Mike Vicks jerseys were being worn.

Just hate to see young kids put so much hype in to any one that just plays a game. Why cant they look up to their school teachers, police, are parents. Most of these players never went to any classes to get a education. They just PLAY A GAME.  Don't get me wrong I love sports but we have to put it in perspective. Kids cant worship these players, AS Charles Barkley once said he never sign up to be a role model he was just a basketball player. What Lebron did  In the big picture is not that big of a deal. I just think that our kids need to pick better role models. Remember not that long ago how many Mike Vicks jerseys were being worn.

And whats wrong with Mike Vick?

Nothing, if you like ex-cons as role models.

has he claimed to be a role-model?

Show me where he has proclaimed to be a role model?

The whole role model thing is ridiculous

People dont say "Oh hey, I wanna go to jail like he did" , they say "dang, I wish I was as athletic as him"

He doesn't have to ''claim'' to be a role model to become one. All he needs is Superstar status. They don't ''want to go to jail like him''. They overlook the fact that he is a criminal....and I ain't dumb dovesoap.

The whole role model thing is ridiculous

People dont say "Oh hey, I wanna go to jail like he did" , they say "dang, I wish I was as athletic as him"

He doesn't have to ''claim'' to be a role model to become one. All he needs is Superstar status. They don't ''want to go to jail like him''. They overlook the fact that he is a criminal....and I ain't dumb dovesoap.

Ooops! Sorry about that. I was referring to joebdun who mentioned role models. Criminal? I hope you don't eat beef, because you're considered a criminal for killing and eating beef.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    PressBox Stats
    Newest Member
    PressBox Stats