1. 1. How will they finish in 2009

• Barbers Hill
    • Crosby
    • C. E. King
    • Dayton
    • Galena Park
    • Goose Creek Memorial
    • North forest

Very good point, tha makes perfect sense.....Actually a BH fan, and Dayton should be the odds on favorite. Their well coached have very good athletes, only thing, they were such an offensive machine last year with Cody Green and Dugat. They will have to depend on a "less potent" offense this year and hope the defense can rise up....Crosby, I don't think can challenge them just yet, and BH still a little young and unknown..but they will always be diciplined and ready to play.

I like that about BH... I'm glad we're playing ya'll nowadays. My trust in the broncos actually starts with the D this year. Also, I think the running game will click much earlier this year (took a few games last year), and that will be to our benefit since we lack the "stars" at the moment. I don't think we'll be as explosive as the past two years but I think we'll put up plenty of points... the yards and TDs will just be spread out among more players.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone knew what to expect from the Broncos last year, I am excited about this season lost of question marks for us and our opponents.

kinda what I was driving at.... I'm excited to see who steps into those BIG shoes AJ, Cody and others (like your son) left.

I agree, its a nice rivalry very close to home. I remember last year playing ya'll, watch Cody Green, the guy was unbelievable.. He had the look of guy that had been playing college ball already.. At 6-4", when he ran he looked like he was gliding.. I think he'll do well at Nebraska.. He's the real deal.  It will be nice too play you guys. We do have to play at ya'lls field. That won't make it any easier.. lol

I agree, its a nice rivalry very close to home. I remember last year playing ya'll, watch Cody Green, the guy was unbelievable.. He had the look of guy that had been playing college ball already.. At 6-4", when he ran he looked like he was gliding.. I think he'll do well at Nebraska.. He's the real deal.  It will be nice too play you guys. We do have to play at ya'lls field. That won't make it any easier.. lol

great atmosphere at ya'lls place last year... I hope it's the same way at ours.

We have a new Best Western if yall are too tired to make that long drive back after the game. ;D

That 15 minute drive is nice ain't it.

I have to go with the Broncos- purple is in my blood! I think there will be more than a few players step up to the challenge this season.

It will be a very exciting year that's for sure. 

2007- we knocked on the door

2008- the door opened

2009- could it be the year we walk through that door? I believe it will!

GO BRONCOS!!! 

Could be, time will tell.... Hey who will handle the QB duties for for Dayton this year, or is that yet to be determined?

the talk is that it will be Payton Ploch, #35, receiver from last year. He's a good athlete and I hear he has a strong arm. He played several different roles for the broncos last year... he's a player.

I have to go with the Broncos- purple is in my blood! I think there will be more than a few players step up to the challenge this season.

It will be a very exciting year that's for sure. 

2007- we knocked on the door

2008- the door opened

2009- could it be the year we walk through that door? I believe it will!

GO BRONCOS!!! 

How about "kick the door in"!

I would think Viverette will be looked at hard. He is avery good athlete, anchored the Defense last year, so that would be a loss on defense if they make that switch. The McDonald kid that backed up Carmona last year has really good arm, just not that big. Also couple kids coming up from JV that could challenge, can't remember their names..

Coach Stewart has some talent moved into differant positions from last year.Some of the young talent are looking impressive thus far.Last years rookie sensation a soph.Delasbour looks like he will do great things as he has grown alot.Told by a reliable source he has past 6' and 200 lbs.benching 450 lbs.With speed,size looks like Dayton's spare parts put together w/Stewart's guidance a new machine is on the horizon in bronco land as another strong armed kid moved from catching to throwing moves in for Cody's former spot.I have to go w/Dayton-Crosby-the last 2 spots we will see how it plays out.

Guest whoabroncos09

Coach Stewart has some talent moved into differant positions from last year.Some of the young talent are looking impressive thus far.Last years rookie sensation a soph.Delasbour looks like he will do great things as he has grown alot.Told by a reliable source he has past 6' and 200 lbs.benching 450 lbs.With speed,size looks like Dayton's spare parts put together w/Stewart's guidance a new machine is on the horizon in bronco land as another strong armed kid moved from catching to throwing moves in for Cody's former spot.I have to go w/Dayton-Crosby-the last 2 spots we will see how it plays out.

jakari delasbour is getting big. i have noticed. from what i hear he will most likely be at running back just like his brother john gable was.

:)sounds like a squat max to me.... I don't think we have anyone with a bench like that.

Jakari benched around 210 and squatted in the 350 range coming out of the 8th grade (he's now going into his sophomore year)... I just can't envision a jump like that (200+ lbs.) for anyone... I believe it could be his squat max though. ;)

repeating info from a bronco lineman.if he had it backwards oh well real story here he has excellerated in size and power-a natural speedster already-king's speedy def.backs/saftey could not get close in Sheldon last year as he ran away and left them.

repeating info from a bronco lineman.if he had it backwards oh well real story here he has excellerated in size and power-a natural speedster already-king's speedy def.backs/saftey could not get close in Sheldon last year as he ran away and left them.

no doubt!!!  ;D gonna be a fun year.

Look for McDonald to be the starter at QB for BH.  Viverette is a good athlete and will still lead the defense I think.  Not really anyone from the JV that will challenge either on of them.  Our young defense has lots of game experience going into this year.  I think we will surprise some folks. Playoffs?  Maybe, but a lot better season if not.  These kids are hungry and working hard this off season.

I wouldn't mind seeing Dayton and Crosby.

always a tense game between dayton and crosby. "like the cowboys and redskins" no love lost between these two teams. ought to start calling this the game like they do in baytown. wins are getting kinda lopsided though. dayton's takenseveral in a row now. so far, crosby can't stop the broncos.  ;D ::) ::) ::)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    janaxad4
    Newest Member
    janaxad4