1. 1. How will they finish in 2009

• Barbers Hill
    • Crosby
    • C. E. King
    • Dayton
    • Galena Park
    • Goose Creek Memorial
    • North forest

This love triangle between Crosby, Dayton and BH is what I am talking about. With no more kids in high school this district will fun to watch. Cannot wait.............. ;D

Ya'll keep looking past the Goose. I assure you they will "compete" this year!

The goose has "no chance" against Dayton or Crosby this season but they just might sneak into the 3rd or 4th spot.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This love triangle between Crosby, Dayton and BH is what I am talking about. With no more kids in high school this district will fun to watch. Cannot wait.............. ;D

The goose has "no chance" against Dayton or Crosby this season but they just might sneak into the 3rd or 4th spot.

I think they will do better this year but don't let a little 7 on 7 success go to your head. I know they have some talent and are looking better but I agree maybe sneak into the 3 or 4 hole.

Guest Ranger83

I think they will do better this year but don't let a little 7 on 7 success go to your head. I know they have some talent and are looking better but I agree maybe sneak into the 3 or 4 hole.

3rd or 4th would do just fine in Year Two! I'm just saying no one should look past them on the schedule. Including Crosby and Dayton.

7 on 7 does not translate to anything on Friday Nights. Games are won in the trencehes. That's where they will see if they are ready for prime time.

3rd or 4th would do just fine in Year Two! I'm just saying no one should look past them on the schedule. Including Crosby and Dayton.

7 on 7 does not translate to anything on Friday Nights. Games are won in the trencehes. That's where they will see if they are ready for prime time.

I agree.

GCM won 1 district game last year and now is going to be 3rd or 4th ??? I do beleive they will be better along with KP, but Making the playoffs will a huge hill to climb (No pun intended).

Isn't a huge hill a mountain. You are right playoffs in the second year of existance what we impressive. GCM has got talent I hear their 7 on 7 season went well, but like you said it will be an up hill battle.

Guest Ranger83

GCM won 1 district game last year and now is going to be 3rd or 4th ??? I do beleive they will be better along with KP, but Making the playoffs will a huge hill to climb (No pun intended).

I could make the same argument for the Hill. Where did they finish the season last year? I think both schools watched the playoffs from the stands. Even though GCM took a beating from BH, don't make mountains out of mole hills.  ;)

I could make the same argument for the Hill. Where did they finish the season last year? I think both schools watched the playoffs from the stands. Even though GCM took a beating from BH, don't make mountains out of mole hills.  ;)

No comparison GCM year 2 BH year 80  ;D BH had a 8 year playoff run prior to the the last two seasons. GCM will get their it just isn't going to happen over night.

Guest Ranger83

No comparison GCM year 2 BH year 80  ;D BH had a 8 year playoff run prior to the the last two seasons. GCM will get their it just isn't going to happen over night.

No one expects it to happen over night. I just feel that this team will "compete" this year. They may not win a game, but I would be surprised if they are trounced like they were last year.

You are right in that you can not compare GCM with BH. GCM is in a school district with 3 high schools and 5 jr highs. The jr highs do not run the same system the high schools run. Not one high school has a "true" feeder school. That is one jr school goes only to one high school. Most are split. BH, on the other hand, is a single HS with a single JH. Those kids run the varsity system from youth to the day they graduate. It does make a huge difference.

No one expects it to happen over night. I just feel that this team will "compete" this year. They may not win a game, but I would be surprised if they are trounced like they were last year.

You are right in that you can not compare GCM with BH. GCM is in a school district with 3 high schools and 5 jr highs. The jr highs do not run the same system the high schools run. Not one high school has a "true" feeder school. That is one jr school goes only to one high school. Most are split. BH, on the other hand, is a single HS with a single JH. Those kids run the varsity system from youth to the day they graduate. It does make a huge difference.

I agree. I also know of the talent base in the GCM district and it is high! GCM will do nothing but make this district stronger and more respected as the years go on. KP will also get there. The only thing that this district lacks is TRADITION!! with the exception of Dayton and BH it just seems that the district lacks this along with the pride that follows tradition. I don't know the history of the other schools, but I know Crosby has been around forever like BH and I wonder why I don't sense the tradition for Crosby as you can plainly see at Dayton or BH? It may just be me ???

Guest Ranger83

I agree. I also know of the talent base in the GCM district and it is high! GCM will do nothing but make this district stronger and more respected as the years go on. KP will also get there. The only thing that this district lacks is TRADITION!! with the exception of Dayton and BH it just seems that the district lacks this along with the pride that follows tradition. I don't know the history of the other schools, but I know Crosby has been around forever like BH and I wonder why I don't sense the tradition for Crosby as you can plainly see at Dayton or BH? It may just be me ???

My wife taught and coached cheerleading at CHS back in the late 80's, early 90's. Crosby was LOADED in those days and made the playoffs every year it seemed. I remember going to College Station, the Astrodome and being a part of some really good football seasons. It seems to me that the school is used as a "stopping" off point for head coaches. Back then, Ronnie Davenport was a fixture for the Coogs and was there until he got sick in the early 90's. Since then, the school has had several different head coaches. You can not obtain an identity when you have to re-create yourself every few years. Maybe Flannigan is there for the long haul and we'll see CHS stay on top for years to come. There are also some hard feelings between the Old School factions in Barrett Station and the new parts of Crosby. Still some people upset over the merging of Drew and Crosby.

The same thing happened at Sterling. No stability in the head coaching position. Lots of tradition's get lost when you have a revolving door policy with your head coach. Lee will experience some of that this year when the new coach removes the Gander from their helmets again.

My wife taught and coached cheerleading at CHS back in the late 80's, early 90's. Crosby was LOADED in those days and made the playoffs every year it seemed. I remember going to College Station, the Astrodome and being a part of some really good football seasons. It seems to me that the school is used as a "stopping" off point for head coaches. Back then, Ronnie Davenport was a fixture for the Coogs and was there until he got sick in the early 90's. Since then, the school has had several different head coaches. You can not obtain an identity when you have to re-create yourself every few years. Maybe Flannigan is there for the long haul and we'll see CHS stay on top for years to come. There are also some hard feelings between the Old School factions in Barrett Station and the new parts of Crosby. Still some people upset over the merging of Drew and Crosby.

The same thing happened at Sterling. No stability in the head coaching position. Lots of tradition's get lost when you have a revolving door policy with your head coach. Lee will experience some of that this year when the new coach removes the Gander from their helmets again.

Well said...Ranger. You are absolutely correct.

Sad, but thanks for the info.

Having seen GCM face the Hill in other sports throughout this past year, I was impressed with the fan base and the spirit displayed.  It looks like they are working hard to build a "tradition".  Kinda hard not to root for them  ;D

Against someone else of course!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    janaxad4
    Newest Member
    janaxad4