biggest rivalry game in setx??

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LCM-WOS doesn't really qualify as a "rivalry," does it? It's a "no love lost" game to be sure, but it is SO one-sided that it doesn't really fit the bill.

There's no game that compares to PN-G/Ned in our area. It's a great tradition that goes back forever.

Guest TravelingBandsman

Next realignment might catch Baytown Lee moving to 4A depending on when the new high school is up and running. Lee coming that direction might be a possibility.

Lee and TJ (now memorial) had a great rivalry going back to the 30's I believe.

What new high school?

The new school is projected 3A right now and is being built on the north side of I-10. Baytown will realign their school lines to move all of the kids around again. Sterling will stay 5A and Lee move to 4A. They have not named the new school yet.

This should be good in town though; now a 4A team can hang a big loss on Sterling every year.

Hopefully next year' date=' the teams in this district will compete better with Dayton, so when they do leave the next year we won't have listen to them be sarcastic about our tough district.[/quote']

I am a dayton fan who was somewhat sarcastic ina few posts about how tough the district is......but you would not have to listen to any of that had there not been sooooo many fans telling us how we would not make the playoffs, and how we would get "introduced" to real high school football. Anyway we enjoy playing in this district, (i am sure that the fact that we are winning helps), but it is fun playing new people and going to different places to play. All of the schools in this district have pride in their teams and the fan support for the teams we have played has been great. All that being said......................................................

I hope you guys can compete better next year too :D Just kidding!!

Traditionally PNG/Nederland... hands down.

The Jasper/Newton, WOS/Jasper games over the past decade or so have been my favorite though, because they feature the biggest state powers that this region puts out year after year. I HOPE Jasper improves, so these games will be good again next year. I also hope Hooks and Barbay start scheduling each other again after next year, even though everytime they are supposed to play a dang hurricane comes in. :cry:

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Zachary Latham
    Newest Member
    Zachary Latham