Venom FEDORS LAST 2 WINS ARENT LOOKING SO GOODTim sylvia loses to boxer ray merc

Guest baseball25

Guest baseball25

a boxer that has 1 mma fight and knockout tim sylvia in 10 secs...Any claim former UFC heavyweight champion Tim Sylvia may have retained as a top-10 fighter crashed to the ground along with "The Maine-iac's" 6-foot-8 frame on Saturday night in Birmingham, Ala.

In a contest that has was relocated and rescheduled due to sanctioning challenges, Sylvia was knocked out in just 10 seconds by 48-year-old former boxing heavyweight champion Ray Mercer (1-0).

The bout served as the main event of "Adrenaline MMA III: Bragging Rights" at Birmingham Jefferson Civic Center in Birmingham, Ala.

A report from NextMMAFighter.com stated that a missed kick by Sylvia led to a powerful right hand from Mercer that ended the fight. A video of the fight has since been provided by the website as well. Check out the embedded video to watch the upset.

Prior to the contest, Mercer told The Birmingham News exactly what he had planned for the contest.

"I'm not going to be kicking," Mercer said. "I'm going to wear shoes and all that. I want him to know straight up where I'm coming from. I am a boxer, I'm not a MMA fighter."

Mercer's only prior exposure to MMA was a 2007 submission loss in an exhibition contest with Kevin "Kimbo Slice" Ferguson. Sylvia has now dropped four of his past five contests.

While the bout was intended to a boxing match, regulation challenges from the Association of Boxing Commissions forced Adrenaline MMA III promoter Monte Cox on Thursday to change the contest to a mixed martial arts fight.

how so??  does this make kimbo look better because he beat mercer? does it make arlovski look better because he beat sylvia? i dont understand.

have you seen the video? from what i understand there were modified mma rules for the match.  sylvia got punched in the face with 4 ounce gloves by a professional boxer! im sure 99% of the people in the world wouldve folded like a chair also! 

Guest baseball25

it was a real mma fight. they change it at the last second...ive watch it 3 times and its a embarassment to lose to a 48 yr old boxer in a mma fight....ive been saying all along that tim and pitbull are overated and that fedor biggest test in a long time will be barnett....i will say this i do like ufc young heavyweights ....carwin and cain will both be good....looks likes to me afflictions heavyweight divison only consist of 2 guys barnett and fedor and thats it....atleast u got nog.coutore.mir.lesnar.carwin.cain. and gonaza isnt bad  and u got a few other descent ones......i think white will sign overeem soon....

it was a real mma fight. they change it at the last second...ive watch it 3 times and its a embarassment to lose to a 48 yr old boxer in a mma fight....ive been saying all along that tim and pitbull are overated and that fedor biggest test in a long time will be barnett....i will say this i do like ufc young heavyweights ....carwin and cain will both be good....looks likes to me afflictions heavyweight divison only consist of 2 guys barnett and fedor and thats it....atleast u got nog.coutore.mir.lesnar.carwin.cain. and gonaza isnt bad  and u got a few other descent ones......i think white will sign overeem soon....

from what ive read dana is wanting to try and sign barnett after the fedor fight and overeem. i think both is very possible! dont forget abouttuf 10 with all the new hw's. i give it to dana hes doing what it takes to get that division even stronger.

ive watched the sylvia/mercer fight a few times also and i agree its PATHETIC!

Guest baseball25

i hope dana gets both and brett rogers too...yeah it was horrible lol sylvia will never be the same lol...i mean i know he came in over weight but shit just tackle mercer and not try to stand up with a ex heavyweight champ boxer just flat out stupid lol...mercer popped him good though

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Zachary Latham
    Newest Member
    Zachary Latham