Area coaches have say about two-a-days!!!!!!!

I played for Coach Hooks and Thompson at WOS. Yah, it was hot as **** during two a days, but they knew our limits. They (and Mr. King, trainer) watched us like a hawk the whole time. Our trainer didnt sit in his AC'd office, he was out there with us and his fannie pack. :D(still makes me laugh). Like I said , they knew our limits....oh, and the ones that sat in the house all summer too. :D

I played for Coach Hooks and Thompson at WOS. Yah, it was hot as **** during two a days, but they knew our limits. They (and Mr. King, trainer) watched us like a hawk the whole time. Our trainer didnt sit in his AC'd office, he was out there with us and his fannie pack. :D(still makes me laugh). Like I said , they knew our limits....oh, and the ones that sat in the house all summer too. :D

And this is what struck a nerve with Coach Hooks, undoubtedly.  The report, whether intentionally or not, made it sound like coaches throughout the land were a bunch of no-neck sadists which would run their teams into the ground in two a days without any concern for the wellbeing of the kid.  That is what Coach Hooks and Coaches Creduer, Mathews and Alvarez took offense to as they have all indicated the methods they use to make sure that one of their kids does not become ill during practice.

jtown, what I think happened with Coach Hooks is that he had the same feelings stirred inside of him that you had stirred inside of you when you saw his quote.

Fair enough. I will stop my griping. I hope they (the media) follows up and better explains the Recommendation and so that the public will see it was not calling for a major upset in how 2-a-days are set up. That football practices will still start at the same time, just the first week will be toned back to 1 three hour practice with a follow up 1 hour walk through. And that the recommendation was based on a collaboration between a committee of medical doctors, athletic directors, and certified athletic trainers. So not just "trainers" came up with a way to make things safer for the kids with minimal changes.

And true, after sleeping on it, I realize that it was not the dumbest quote i have ever heard. Just the dumbest at the time. I will step off now. If anyone wants more information to better informed on the UIL rules regarding this visit the front page of www.nata.org or www.uil.texas.edu

I think that it is just as much of the parents responsibility to make sure that there kid shows up in some kind of shape. It is not the coaches that let the kid set in the ac when the payed gardener cuts there grass. At some point the parent is going to have and parent. You cant let someone else do all the work raysing your kid. You cant let a kid show up for 2 a days out of shape and blame the coach for him getting sick. At some point you have to take responsibility for yourself. It is Saterday morring how many kids do you see in your neighborhood out side?  :)

I think that Matthews from Vidor is correct when he said that they should not be drinking the energy drinks. I believe those are a disaster in the making. Since when do 16 and 17 year old kids need energy drinks anyway? Maybe it's just the culture of needing to put something into our bodies for everything. If you want to wake up, take something. If you want to go to sleep, take something. If you are about to play sports, take something.

I agree. Those, like sugar, are ok in moderation. Aslong as they drink water before inplace of energy drinks they'll be ok. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    janaxad4
    Newest Member
    janaxad4

• There are so many laws on ballots that it could probably be a degree course. Some say things like, you have to declare your party before January 1 each election year (so in the previous year) and you can’t change. So a potential candidate can’t declare to be a Democrat in December 2023 and then in May 2024 decide to file paperwork to run as a Republican. Each state is different though on dates (including actually different dates on “major” and “minor” parties), appeals, party affiliations, changes to the ballot by any means and so on. The Nevada alone for the 2023-2024 elections season is 9 pages with links to other pages.  The states combined might have thousands of pages of election information. The Texas Election Code has about 160…. Chapters. I could understand where a person could read a line or two and say, “Aha! That’s the answer” and ignore 567 pages. 
    • Congrats Horns. Could be a big season for yall coming up 
    • When did Woodville get a Jacob Hunter on the roster 😂 
    • And for what it’s worth, can we stop calling something we don’t agree with “a lie?” That’s literally what people are doing now, media included. If Trump says “I don’t think climate change is that big of a deal, some tree hugger will yell “he’s a liar!” And the talking heads will put another tic mark on the lie list. I saw the other day where some jerk researched trump’s presidency and said “he averaged 21 lies per day.” I agree that he’s a liar, but come on… 21 per day? They’re like “…then Trump said Biden is doing a bad job… another lie.”
    • That’s not a lie… in the buildup to the reversal of Roe v Wade, some states (like Texas) were putting in very restrictive abortion bans that would take effect on the off chance that Roe v Wade was overturned.   Other states (like Virginia) set in place rules even less restrictive than the ones in Roe v Wade…. And the Governor of Virginia was proud to say that abortion was legal right up until the baby was born.   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up FWIW, a state rep from Va authored a bill that would loosen restriction.  Asked to clarify, she said that a woman who was actively dialated would be able to request an abortion. After an uproar, she backtracked.  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up The headline of the article incorrectly states that trump’s statement was a lie… it’s not, IMO.   
  • Topics