South Sabine

Concerning the fishing lisc requirements on the La side of the jetties, I dropped by the TPW office yesterday to see if they knew the requirements for a 83 y/o to fish in La waters. I was hoping to catch the boss who has been a friend of the family for yrs, I was thinking as long as he's been a warden he would know what was required, he was out but 1 of the ladies there gave me a ph# for any game or fish laws in La. I was told "from jetty to jetty the 2 states share a common boundry" along with "all a Tx senior needs is a Texas Seniors lisc to fish ANYWHERE in La". I question the 'point of land' and once again he stated from jetty to jetty, he even asked someone else in the office who had the same response. We will go again today and see if we can catch the boss in the office and get his interpretation along with a Seniors lisc for my dad. BTW heres the ph# 337-491-2588. PNG Proud, I'm wondering what IF you didnt have La lisc as all you were doing IS possessing fish >>NOT fishing, now IF you told them where you caught them its a whole new game. IMO this is no different than comming in from offshore and cutting thru the La cut on the jetty OR getting stopped by ether states warden anywhere in the lake while JUST riding around. I could see a problem if comming in from 'offshore' with a 'Tex state waters' limit of 4 snapper and stopped in La with their 'La waters limit' of 2.Will post up the answers I recieve today IF I get to talk with Rod Ousley....

643,  I think I would call Austin, before I'd beleive that.  I just don't think the jetty to jetty comment is correct.  There was too much stink about it several yrs. ago when it all went down. 

Question;I am a 100% service connected veteran and have in possession a Tx.exempt fishing/hunting license.What does the law say about fishing on the La. side or any other La.fishery?Thanks.

I think it states it on this thread, but it says you can fish sabine lake (either side).....and anywhere else in Texas. L.A. is off limits other than stated.  Also, in sabine lake on la side, you can fish mouths of canals, but cant go in them.

Question;I am a 100% service connected veteran and have in possession a Tx.exempt fishing/hunting license.What does the law say about fishing on the La. side or any other La.fishery?Thanks.

I think it states it on this thread, but it says you can fish sabine lake (either side).....and anywhere else in Texas. L.A. is off limits other than stated.  Also, in sabine lake on la side, you can fish mouths of canals, but cant go in them.

What he said.

It has to do with passing points of land or in other words, going inland from the common waterways. Sabine Lake is a common waterway between the states and unless you have an accurate GPS reading, it is almost impossible to tell where you are in a such a body of water. It is the same with Toledo Bend or the Sabine River. Once you pass two points of land (the entrance of a bayou, stream, marsh outlet, etc) you are no long in common waters between the states. If you move past the points of land or cast into them, you are for sure fishing in the other state and that require that state's license.

Didn't get down to the TPW office, BUT even tho a fishn lisc is NOT needed (senior or exempt)for most fishn, one IS required for fishing where a 'stamp' or 'endorsment' is needed>>Senior saltwater package is 16$

I also have  a military I.D.card showing my disability and can go to any state/national park free of charge or go onto any military base and commissary.What again is the Louisiana  hunting and fishing law concerning disabled veterans.In most southern states a 100% disabled vet pays no school /property taxes now Texas has sighned into law HB 3613 sect. 11.131 effective 2009 tax year for All 100% disabled service-connected vets and  those w/rating of 70% w/30% unemployability added for 100% total rating are "EXEMPT" from These taxes.

I also have  a military I.D.card showing my disability and can go to any state/national park free of charge or go onto any military base and commissary.What again is the Louisiana  hunting and fishing law concerning disabled veterans.In most southern states a 100% disabled vet pays no school /property taxes now Texas has sighned into law HB 3613 sect. 11.131 effective 2009 tax year for All 100% disabled service-connected vets and  those w/rating of 70% w/30% unemployability added for 100% total rating are "EXEMPT" from These taxes.

Call the ph# in my previous post....

My fishn partner tore m up Sat morn early at the jetties, dad n I went today(mon) and scratched 8 keepers, saved back a few swimps for a spot that has been producing flounder in the channel. First cast I put a 17"er in the boat, second cast got another but 1/2 shy, croakers and rats killed us from then till we ran of swimps. This was the first time my dads been to Sabine in 20+yrs, he had a ball!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Fished Fri eve caught a few Specks n Flounders on La side of lake. We got checked by La wardens and got into a BS session with them, I asked about the requirements of lisc when fishing jetties, made a point about the 'point of land' was told as long as your clearly inside the channel no La lisc required. I do realize another warden mite interpret it different. Both La and the TPW were busy yesterday. 

• 2 weeks later...

A friend of mine caught a nice tarpon while trout fishing at the jetties Saturday.  Tried to post a pic, but the file is too large.  How do you condense photos enough to get them to post?

It was too big for photobucket?

I just tried the attachment option available under "additional options" when you make a post.  Is photobucket something different?

It was too big for photobucket?

I just tried the attachment option available under "additional options" when you make a post.  Is photobucket something different?

Imageshack.com or photobucket.com or maybe some others.

You upload your photos to their site (you create a free account) and it gives you a unique web address to each picture. You paste that address in the response and it will show the picture.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Zachary Latham
    Newest Member
    Zachary Latham