LU Adds Another WB Alum

Guest coachacola

From the Hawkeye Sports News:

Junior LB Jacody Coleman plans to transfer from the Iowa football program. Coleman has asked for and been given his release. Jacody played in all 13 games for the Hawkeyes last season and was the starting MIKE Linebacker in Iowa's first two games against Maine and FIU. He recorded 28 tackles last year, 7 solo and 21 assists. Coleman, a Beaumont, TX native, was one of 11 true freshman that saw action during the 2007 season.

http://www.hawkeyesportsnews.com/2009/04/iowa-lb-jacody-coleman-plans-to.html

Guest coachacola

No offense to Lamar, but I'm not leaving Iowa for Lamar unless I have no shot to start at Iowa.

That seems to be just the case from some of the online articles I've read. He's a great pickup for Lamar because he could have transferred to any other FCS school and not have to sit out a year.

75% Of Lamars Team Will be From SETX

Looking at who Coach Woodard has signed so far (not counting walk-ons), less than 40% are from SETX.  Mffl got it right, 40%-50% players from SETX, but more importantly they have to win.

No offense to Lamar, but I'm not leaving Iowa for Lamar unless I have no shot to start at Iowa.

That seems to be just the case from some of the online articles I've read. He's a great pickup for Lamar because he could have transferred to any other FCS school and not have to sit out a year.

75% Of Lamars Team Will be From SETX

Looking at who Coach Woodard has signed so far (not counting walk-ons), less than 40% are from SETX.  Mffl got it right, 40%-50% players from SETX, but more importantly they have to win.

that's what I figured. And there will be a few more settexas through the walk-ons.

Guest mffl

I hear former Kelly player and current UH d-end Dorian Guillory is coming back to Lamar. Also Torrian Henry (sp?) WR/ATH is coming to Lamar also. He was looked at by quite a few Division I schools out of high school

I looked at Iowa's website, and they did have Jacoby as a second string outside linebacker after the fall season, so he wouldn't be starting yet again this upcoming year.

And that sounds great. Lamar might have a more talented team than Mcneese, becasue almost no one from setx will go there anymore, plus we can probably convince a few of the future special teamers (IMO ben wells) at big programs to stay at home at Lamar.

Guest coachacola

I think Lamar will attract more quality players from SETX than they did in the 70s and 80s.  Back then Lamar was new to D1 and the SWC was king.  Cardinal Stadium and Higgins field house started going downhill in the 80s and with Lamar not having much money and not much to play for, getting good players was next to impossible.  Look at that scoreboard they just tore down, that wasn't even high school quality.

Now Lamar is investing a lot of money into football and into the campus in general.  And while Lamar stays at the FCS level they can compete for a national championship.  I think we'll see more local players go to Lamar rather than sit on the bench at some FBS or BCS school.

I think Lamar will attract more quality players from SETX than they did in the 70s and 80s.  Back then Lamar was new to D1 and the SWC was king.  Cardinal Stadium and Higgins field house started going downhill in the 80s and with Lamar not having much money and not much to play for, getting good players was next to impossible.  Look at that scoreboard they just tore down, that wasn't even high school quality.

That and we didn't pay our players as well as they did in the SWC!  ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    anjali43
    Newest Member
    anjali43