Question about football

Guest DickVitale

Guest DickVitale

I need some serious input here: Yesterday I had a conversation with the quarterback at our school....He is a real bright kid and he also plays basketball..He walked into my office yesterday and sat down and talked to me about a concern he was having....He said that he felt that since he heard that the basketball program was going to really be on the upswing and good due to some key transfers and kids coming in, he felt that it would take away from football....He also went on to say that our school used to be considered a "football school" and now all that was about to change and he was genuinely worried...Remember, he PLAYS BASKETBALL TOO...I know for a fact that the head football coach does not preach this nonsense, but I have a feeling that he is being influenced by some assistant coaches during workouts, one of which was SUPPOSED to come to basketball after football season (not anymore)....Where do you guys think this is coming from and why? Seriously, I want some real input....Thanks.

You are in Texas! Nuff said.

You are talking to a Quarterback......Quarterbacks love the game, they don't just like it.  

He has his weapons. If he feels that one of his weapons might skip football for basketball, in his eyes, his performance level just dropped.

Every coach in every sport teaches dedication. Coaches also set down a plan. If a player misses a practice, a lift, a run, or an event--I bet he feels as if they are cheating His team......Quarterbacks  and Linebackers claim everything!

Good answers sports guy. Coach DV,I think the kids' love is football and he just feels threatened. But it shows good character by him to come talk to you, and you must be doing something right for him to feel he could come talk to you. Just keep doing what is right for the kids and everything will work out right. As for the other coach,you can't change these types of guys. By the way I'm a football guy but I want my school to win at everything!!!

If he is at Ozen and hadn't realized yet that they are a "Basketball School", maybe he is not a bright as you thought. ;D

DickyV hasn't been at Ozen in several years. He is coaching at a private school in Houston starting this year.

Does he call his kids retarded like he calls some on here?  ;D  ;D  ;D

Guest 2010.doing.it.again

Tell him that there is nothing like getting under the lights on a friday night..he will be in high school once play both..

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Zachary Latham
    Newest Member
    Zachary Latham