2009 Open Championship

The tourney is off and running at Turnberry!!!!!  A "veteran" Tom Watson leads with a 5 under 65.  Tiger shot a 1 over 71 today.  It is funny how things change...................Tiger had the bad draw at the US Open and looks to be having the good draw at the Open because rain is expected this afternoon and tomorrow morning.  He had no weather issues today and should not experience any tomorrow.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tiger may have had the good draw today, but he did not take full advantage of it though. In today's benign conditions, he should have been at least under par. The forecast calls for a lot more wind tomorrow so the players need to take advantage today. Tiger did not do that. We'll see if this first round comes back to haunt him. Of course, he is only 6 shots back.

Oh..............so lets see???  Tiger had the conditions and did not execute!!!  Now in the US Open others had the conditions and they did execute!!!!!!!  This tells me that even in ideal or poor conditions you still have to execute and play well to win!!!!!!!!  Tiger is far from out of this tourney and in fact I still think that he will be there on Sunday!!!!!!  I just wonder what the excuse will be if he does not win playing in the better conditions on Thurs-Friday!!! ;D ;D

Tiger Woods impressive round of +1 71 has him currently tied for 66th. ::)

Like I said, this "easy" round will come back to haunt him.

I disagree...............he wants it to play harder (bad weather expected for the weekend) and he will reel in the competition over the next few days.  He may not win, but will be in the mix come Sunday!

Correction AAW!!!  He is 6 over on the day and 7 over for the tournament...................3 shots above the cut line!!!!!!

You are correct, LAZEEK. What happened to you saying he would be there come Sunday? ;)

Tom Watson just made a bomb at the 18th to tie for the lead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tiger pars 18 to finish his second round with a +4 74, which has him at +5 145, which is one shot off the cut. He will now have to wait to see if the cut moves to +5. There are now 75 players at +4. Tiger will need at least 6 of those players to drop back to +5 to move the cut.

Not quite official, but looking very bleak for Tiger to make the cut.  Several streaks will come to an end tonight with Tiger missing the cut.  38 events in a row..............15 top 10's in a row in stroke play events..........etc.

Anxious to hear from the TW faithful who claim that he has passed Jack as the "Greatest of All Time"!!!! ;D ;D ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ashworth32
    Newest Member
    ashworth32