2009 Open Championship

Well, it looks as though Tiger will miss the cut. There are 73 players at +4 and Tiger needs at least 4 of those players to drop down to +5 to allow him to make the cut. The bad news is that there are only two players that realisticly have a chance of dropping down to +5.

Here are the closest players to the cut line that are still out on the course:

Bryce Moulder  +3  thru 16

Billy Mayfair     +3  thru 16

Chris Wood       E   thru 17

Branden Grace  -1  thru 15

Boo Weekly      -1  thru 17

Tiger has a snowball's chance in you know where to make this cut.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's official with only two players still on the course ahead of Tiger he will miss only his 2nd cut in a Major as a professional!!!!!!!!!!!

What a disappointment........................he was a 13 to 5 favorite heading into the week and the next closet was at 30 to 1!!!!!!!! :o :o :o

It's official with only two players still on the course ahead of Tiger he will miss only his 2nd cut in a Major as a professional!!!!!!!!!!!

What a disappointment........................he was a 13 to 5 favorite heading into the week and the next closet was at 30 to 1!!!!!!!! :o :o :o

Like I said, I'll take the field every time.

Can people just accept that Tiger Woods is human, and that nobody is perfect? Jack Nicklaus missed 6 cuts in between his first and last major win.  Yeah, he was the overwhelming favorite, but by people's standards.  He never played Turnberry before Sunday and he hasn't played links golf in two years.  Tiger does outshine everybody in the world talent-wise, but course knowledge and preparation also help, a lot.

Just my two cents, and go Sergio! 

Can people just accept that Tiger Woods is human, and that nobody is perfect? Jack Nicklaus missed 6 cuts in between his first and last major win.  Yeah, he was the overwhelming favorite, but by people's standards.  He never played Turnberry before Sunday and he hasn't played links golf in two years.  Tiger does outshine everybody in the world talent-wise, but course knowledge and preparation also help, a lot.

Just my two cents, and go Sergio!  

I think the conditions of any course affect all golfers the same. It doesn't matter if you just left Pebble Beach to play Turnberry, everything is even. Pay more attention to your practice rounds. You're right...Tiger is human after all.  ;D

I agree with Lazeek, this is one for the books if Tom hangs on.

LAZEEK, I would like to know where are all those Tiger Woods fans? ;) ;D

what?  he missed his fifth cut in his entire professional career?  he MUST not be that good. of course, jack missed 88, but i'm sure a lot of those were when he was getting old.

what?  he missed his fifth cut in his entire professional career?  he MUST not be that good. of course, jack missed 88, but i'm sure a lot of those were when he was getting old.

In majors only, Jack missed 33 cuts, most of them (22) in the '90s and '00s....so you are right. Why so defensive?

59 year old Watson playing like he is 30.......putting for eagles!!!! Gotta love it!!!

In majors only, Jack missed 33 cuts, most of them (22) in the '90s and '00s....so you are right. Why so defensive?

59 year old Watson playing like he is 30.......putting for eagles!!!! Gotta love it!!!

not defensive at all... i just figure that the cuts-made stat is a pretty telling statistic for a pro golfer.  AAW was trying to use the fifth missed cut of Tiger's career to talk a little smack.  i figured if Tiger's fifth missed cut was cause for a little more "Jack's the greatest smack talk", i'd at least bring up the 88 that Jack missed.  I will also bring up the fact that by the 90's Jack was playing almost exclusively in majors, so although he missed many cuts in his later years, there must have been several when he was younger as well.

Watson slightly flew the green on 18 needing par to win. Stewart Cink was one behind and finished. Watson putted from off the green and left an 8-9 footer for par. He missed badly and made bogey to tie Cink at -2. Playoff is 8,9,17,18...I believe is what they said.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ashworth32
    Newest Member
    ashworth32