Region 3 3A

Guest nostradamus

Why would I be biased to region III?  My biggest successes as a head coach came in region II.  In fact, the two years I was coaching in region II I will say that it was a much tougher region than it is now.  Those Gainesville and Everman teams could have competed at the 4A level and done just fine.  I can assure you that this Dallas Madison team or the others wouldn't stay on the floor with the Gainesville and Everman teams.....so as far as superior talent.....during those years...yes.....now....not at all.  

You ask why it doesn't show at the state tournament?  So I'll ask you this question....did Kansas come out of a tougher region the year they beat Memphis?  I mean, they must have since they won the championship right?  Shoot, if you really want to argue one could surmise that region III teams are at a disadvantage because it is such a dog fight to get to the state tournament that by the time they are there they are flat worn out and beat up......whereas some other schools get to put it on cruise control.

Ask the Estacado coach, he was quoted as saying they didn't play a team as tough as us all year long in their region.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DickVitale

I am talking about facts here. Nothing more, nothing less.....If the NFC wins four of the next five Super Bowls, it will be a reasonable assumption to say that the NFC might be stronger than the AFC. MAYBE.  If the AFC were SO GOOD, they would win th title more than ONCE IN FIVE YEARS...Thats all I am saying.  BTW, Lazeek, the titles for me have just BEGUN...I have been to "the show" and intend on going back.....If you don't know you had better ask somebody. ;)

Whose coat tails do you plan on riding this time???

Not necessary....Are you qualified to even get on a staff, Lazeek? Get qualified, then come talk to me....I may even have a job for you.... ;)

Guest DickVitale

So, Nos, in 2007, were you guys just THAT much better? Or did the best team just WIN STATE? I understand that sometimes in the playoffs, it just has to be your night. I get that. But 4 out of 5 years? That is domination by a region. Is it not?

Guest nostradamus

Just because a particular region produces the state champion doesn't mean the whole region is better......ESPECIALLY in high school athletics where EVERYTHING is designed around location and NOTHING is designed around team's potential or ability.

No I am not qualified, but am completely happy making a name for myself instead of letting someone else make it for me!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW, if you offered me a job I would not even consider it even if it were the last job on earth!!!  I prefer to work with people and for people that show me the same respect that I show them!!!  You do neither!!!!!

Guest nostradamus

I can honestly say that in the two times we have been over the last three years....NEITHER time were we the BEST team in our region (on paper).....sheesh.....all you had to do was look at us to tell that.  We have exceptional kids that work their tails off, buy into what we tell them, and they have experience.....all of which is very valuable come playoff time......so....no....we were not just the best team flat out.....we hit the right matchups, got lucky (as every state champion does at some point) and played well at the right time of the season.......and it never hurts when both times you go you have the best player in the state in your classification.

Guest nostradamus

If you don't believe in my "location theory" then explain this to me.....the years I was at Tatum....Gainesville and Everman battled it out in the regional finals both years.....Gainesville won both times.

The next year Everman gets shipped out to region I (because they sit right on the border of the regions)......no one in the playoffs comes within 20 points of them and they walk to a state championship......so now.....I have two questions....you don't think location makes a difference??? and was region I the toughest region that year since Everman was from region I and won it all?

Guest DickVitale

No I am not qualified, but am completely happy making a name for myself instead of letting someone else make it for me!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW, if you offered me a job I would not even consider it even if it were the last job on earth!!!  I prefer to work with people and for people that show me the same respect that I show them!!!  You do neither!!!!!

What name, Lazeek? You are a NOBODY, remember? keep cheering for HJ...."go brother in law, go!" ::)

Guest DickVitale

If you don't believe in my "location theory" then explain this to me.....the years I was at Tatum....Gainesville and Everman battled it out in the regional finals both years.....Gainesville won both times.

The next year Everman gets shipped out to region I (because they sit right on the border of the regions)......no one in the playoffs comes within 20 points of them and they walk to a state championship......so now.....I have two questions....you don't think location makes a difference??? and was region I the toughest region that year since Everman was from region I and won it all?

That was ONE YEAR, Nos....We are talking FOUR OF FIVE....That makes a HUGE DIFFERENCE....That is DOMINATION....No matter how you want to slice it...Region II has DOMINATED over the last five years in 3A...You cannot argue that.

I am a nobody, I have done nothing in basketball...............ever!!!!!!!!  And never will!!!!  I can admit it!!!!!  When can you!!!!!!

Also you have been in basketball for lets say 15 years and accomplished exactly what I have........nothing!!!!!!!  Remember you said it yourself only accolades as a head coach count!!!!!  Therefore we are equal!!!!!!

I will cheer for HJ and my brother in law to do great...............at least I cheer for the same team every year!!! ;) ;)

Guest DickVitale

Thats the difference between you and I, Lazeek....I make a difference in games. I have the hardware to prove it.  You just cheer like a cheerleader, and talk smack, and YOU can do NOTHING to back up anything you say....Go sell floors, loser boy.

BTW, has Rick Barnes, Bill Self, or John Calipari EVER called your cell phone? I talked to THEM ALL THIS WEEK.....They will be visiting me over the next two weeks along with many others....What about you? Heck what about HJ? Anybody coming to watch THEIR Athletic period? Doubt it.....Loser.

Guest nostradamus

I have admitted that Region II has dominate AT THE STATE TOURNAMENT the last 5 years or so......still doesn't mean they have the best or toughest or deepest region.....it means they have done well at the state tournament.

Guest nostradamus
Heck what about HJ? Anybody coming to watch THEIR Athletic period? Doubt it.....Loser.

See...now you gotta take your anger and bring our kids and your perceived knowledge of their talent level into it....not necessary at all....especially when I have been nothing but civil in this conversation.....and you wonder why people get irritated.....quit name dropping and big timing.....believe it or not....it doesn't impress anyone.

Guest DickVitale

Nos, if my team is deeper than yours, and more talented than yours, my team will likely dominate your team.  If region III is that much better than region II, then, why are the end results so dramatically different.  Its a great debate, but how can you justify the end results by saying they just fared well at state? Maybe they are just better, Nos. Maybe.

You tell Lazeek to stop getting personal....I was having a civil conversation, and your brother in law gets personal with me.  Not big timing, these are facts. Go back and read the thread. Your loser brother in law starts all the beef. I was only talking about the thread topic and once again he finds a way to bring ME into the topic.

Guest nostradamus

What you two say is between you two....you brought our guys into and that's wrong.

Comparing two teams versus comparing entire regions is apple to oranges......the same teams are not playing each other every time.......

DV.............it is what it is!!!!!!

Just giving it back to you because all you do is give it out!!!  You have no respect for anyone or anything in SE Texas.  If the roles were reveresed and Region III had won 4 out of 5 years then you would be arguing that Region II was still stronger...........simply because of your dislike for Region III.  Region III is what has made your name in hoops, not Region II!!!!!  Show some love for your Region and maybe, just maybe that Region will show some love back at you!!!!

Guest DickVitale

how are you going to compare regions teams head to head when they don't play?

Just like you try to claim that region III is so tough, but they are not winning state in 3A...I understand in SOME years, but FOUR out of FIVE? That just does not add up.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Castaway57
    Newest Member
    Castaway57