WO-S' Franks Keeps It All In The Family

Guest bleed orange

Great family. I am happy for all 3 boys. Here is a way back then. Along time ago they had the Orange youth football league. There was teams from LC, WO, BC and OF. Me and Kerry Sr. played on the allstar team together.  Correct me if I am wrong but he played for the Jones Panthers. I don't think I am wrong. Here is a question for the WOS faithfull. Who did Rusty Doyle play for? I know do you?

Guest bleed orange

I remember the Jones Cowboys. The teams from Jones and Anderson rulled youth football back in the day.

I think you are right, it was the Jones Cowboys.

Jones Cowboys, Anderson Fighting Irish, Salk Tigers, West Orange Chiefs and Little Cypress Grizzlies.

I think Doyle played for Anderson.

I was beginning to think no one would clarify this.  Thanks, Gas.  

Orangefield, BC, Mauriceville, and Deweyville had teams in the same league, too.  I remember playing for Salk and lining up against future WO-S stud Marvis Brown, who grew to 270 lbs. his senior season.  On the first play from scrimmage, I tried to bull rush him and literally bounced off the guy like a pinball.    

Guest bleed orange

Jones Cowboys, Anderson Fighting Irish, Salk Tigers, West Orange Chiefs and Little Cypress Grizzlies.

I think Doyle played for Anderson.

Yes, Rusty Doyle played for the Anderson Fighting Irish and played quarterback.

While I can't remember players names, I do remember Anderson being the league champions every year I played. They flat out ran us every play. One year they played everybody on the bench and still almost hung half-a-hundred on us. I played for the LC Grizzlies and I don't think we won but a game or two each year.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    PressBox Stats
    Newest Member
    PressBox Stats