*WO-S vs. Nederland/WO-S Wins/Comments*

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, that sucks for Bellow. he looked like a great athlete last night. I pray he's ok. Good news is that if it is something major, he has plenty of time to heal before baseball. Hate to say something like this, but better the first game and not the last. Hopefully its not bad at all though!

I came away very encouraged from last nights performance against a very fast and physical WOS bunch.  To have 7 turnovers and still find yourself in the game midway through the 4th quarter was no small task.  In the second half, the o-line began giving Kirby time and he was very effective throwing the ball.  Our defense tackled pretty well, a couple of breakdowns, but overall we played good defense considering the 7 turnovers put them on the field more than we'd like.  It's all about getting Tyler reps now, and we have a bye week to work.  It's tough losing Kirby, when given just a little time, you could see him reading the defense and hitting the open man.  As good as WOS is in the secondary, he had their number in the second half until going down.  

My prayers go out to the Bellows kid. Very good athlete. Hopefully, it isn't as bad as it looked last night. I don't think the pressure got better on him in the second half. He just started doing more with his feet and made things happen. Bought himself time. He's a good little QB. Hope he comes back OK.

I came away very encouraged from last nights performance against a very fast and physical WOS bunch.  To have 7 turnovers and still find yourself in the game midway through the 4th quarter was no small task.  In the second half, the o-line began giving Kirby time and he was very effective throwing the ball.  Our defense tackled pretty well, a couple of breakdowns, but overall we played good defense considering the 7 turnovers put them on the field more than we'd like.  It's all about getting Tyler reps now, and we have a bye week to work.  It's tough losing Kirby, when given just a little time, you could see him reading the defense and hitting the open man.  As good as WOS is in the secondary, he had their number in the second half until going down.  

Very optimistic assessment. But I understand where you are coming from.  ;D

WO-S 42

Nederland 21

WO-S 13  14  6    9 — 42

Ned    7  7  7    0 — 21

Scoring summary

WO-S - Trey Franks 16 pass from Reggie Garrett. Justin Sparrow kick.

WO-S - Britton Lindsey 1 run. Kick failed.

Nederland - Grant Lovelady 5 run. Taylor Trahan kick.

WO-S - Justin Francis 42 pass from Garrett. Pass failed.

Nederland - Lovelady 5 run. Trahan kick.

WO-S - James Haynes 24 pass from Garrett. Lindsey run.

Nederland - Brent Salenga 19 pass from Kirby Bellow. Trahan kick.

WO-S - Mark Roberts 79 pass from Garrett. Run failed.

WO-S - Sparrow 33 field goal.

WO-S - Haynes 31 run. Run failed.

———

WO-S    Ned

First downs 1      7        13

Rushes-yards  39-213    27-67

Passing            210      106

Comp-Att-Int 10-21-1    8-22-5

Fumbles-Lost  6-0        4-2

Penalties-Yards 10-96    5-47

———

INDIVIDUAL STATISTICS

RUSHING—WO-S, Lindsey 20-118, Haynes 2-43, Franks 2-26, Darius Robinson 6-22, Garrett 8-2, Terry Rubin 1-2; Nederland, Lovelady 9-27, Bellow 8-18, Nick Cardenas 3-14, Joey Ruzick 4-6, Salenga 3-2.

PASSING— WO-S, Garrett 10-21-1 210; Nederland, Bellow 8-17-3 106; Tyler Smith 0-5-2 0.

RECEIVING—WO-S, Roberts 3-111, Franks 3-21, Francis 2-54,, Haynes 1-24, Lindsey 1-0 Nederland, Salenga 5-58, Lovelady 3-48.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    heatherjo
    Newest Member
    heatherjo