Friendswood at Dayton

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't underestimate Rollison; he actually had a better arm than Gilbert and more accurate.  He couldn't read a defense like Gilbert however but he could move much better and throw on the run.  His RB and receivers were better as well.  Their defense however.....nothing like LT.  I'd love to have either guy but Gilbert's ceiling seems higher...just a smarter player IMO.

All I know is that both of the afore mentioned QB's were extreme bad_ _ _ es!! Don't know who is smarter than who (never talked to them) but they both put a whippin on my Broncos. Folks, over the last couple of years, we have had the pleasure of watching some of the best 4A quarterbacks this state has ever produced. Gilbert, Green, Karum, Rollison, along with a few other really good ones, WOW what a treat. We will all be talking about these kids for years to come. Let's not haggle over who was slightly better than who. Let's just enjoy watching them on Saturdays...for now.

I personally agree with some others here that say the LT teams (07 & 08) were unbeatable. In any classification. The SS offense was dynamic no doubt, but they were beatable. LT was not. I feel fortunate that I got to see them play. Following the Broncos all these years has rewarded me with some fantastic football over the last couple of years.

Which brings me back to the topic: Looking forward to another good game Friday night. Friendshood has definitely had our number the last few years, but it seems to have served us well. Always a strong team effort by the mustangs, not a lot of individual "stars" and I think that says a lot about the coaching staff. So in the interest of preserving our playoff run, publicly I'm saying another status quo contest. FW by 14. But privately I'm thinking the Broncos finally break the drought and win on a field goal! GO BRONCOS!!!

Status Quo,you let those FW posters convince you they're better,they have not played a real game this year and are coming to our house.I am telling you now along w/the naysayers that think Dayton can't put up the high scoring numbers like last year-give these guys a few games together in new positions.Ploch is right on target and pretty quick.If Dayton did not fumble or miss a perfect td pass in the red zone the score could have been 56 pts.easy last week.The new FW qb better bring some wheels as the purple wave is coming.#65 & #45 have been beasts thus far.

Ohhh Franks. That place was dang good. You can still get food there. (if you are a horse or cow), Well FW fans the Branding Iron is dang good but my favorite Dayton food is the "Rooster" at the Cow Palace. (BBQ chicken baked tater)

Where is the Cow Palace, flipper?  Are either of them on the main drag?  (Cow Palace and Branding Iron).  I don't recall seeing either of these when I've gone through Dayton. 

I wouldn't underestimate Rollison; he actually had a better arm than Gilbert and more accurate.  He couldn't read a defense like Gilbert however but he could move much better and throw on the run.  His RB and receivers were better as well.  Their defense however.....nothing like LT.  I'd love to have either guy but Gilbert's ceiling seems higher...just a smarter player IMO.

As usual you are correct sir!!!! LOL! However I think you give Rollinson a bit more credit than he deserves!!!

Did you people not see Rollison?  Sulphur Springs was awesome. 

I agree with you totally!  The mix of his skill and the hurry-up offense is very evident in the 4th quarter.  I have seen both Lake Travis and SS and I can't really say who was the better team because they both had qualities that made them stand out.  Can you imagine what it would have been like for LT and SS to play against each other when they had their star players?

Did you people not see Rollison?  Sulphur Springs was awesome. 

I agree with you totally!  The mix of his skill and the hurry-up offense is very evident in the 4th quarter.  I have seen both Lake Travis and SS and I can't really say who was the better team because they both had qualities that made them stand out.  Can you imagine what it would have been like for LT and SS to play against each other when they had their star players?

Yeah Lake Travis 56 SS 10!!!!

I can imagine what Dayton vs. Friendswood will be like this friday night.  Bronco fans celebrating. Friendswood fans pouting and making excuses as to why they got blasted.  

LOVE THE PICTURE OF HILLARY AND CHUCKEY...

They do kind of resemble each other...

I bet old man bill doesn't watch them Chuckey movies (might be too close to home)

I can imagine what Dayton vs. Friendswood will be like this friday night.  Bronco fans celebrating. Friendswood fans pouting and making excuses as to why they got blasted.  

Hmm - I think folks who make statements like that need to look in the mirror. I have no idea what the outcome will be Friday and neither do you. I do know that we were written off before the last two Dayton games and we showed up and played the game, and we were fortunate enough to be on the winning side both times. May not happen this time, but I can guarantee you that I will not be making excuses and the classy Dayton fans that I know did not make excuses the last two years. I made one for them - if I was the coach of Dayton - Dugat would have touched the ball 40 times and not 10 or 15! He was unstoppable! Glad to see he is getting closer to playing for the Cougars - my son attends UH and is a member of the athletic department staff - they are excited about him!

Honestly, canes, this thread was getting a little boring with all the it should be a good game bullcorn.  So hopefully, between now and Friday we can add a little fire to the thread.  I'll do my part by saying that the entire Friendswood community will spend a few days whimpering in the fetal position after they watch their team get dismantled in Bronco stadium.  Furthermore, the broncos will lay such a whipping on the mustangs that Friendswood's entire roster will have to enter counseling for post traumatic stress disorder.  And finally, if it hasn't been said, DAYTON FOOTBALL IS BETTER THAN FRIENDSWOOD FOOTBALL.

Status Quo,you let those FW posters convince you they're better,they have not played a real game this year and are coming to our house.I am telling you now along w/the naysayers that think Dayton can't put up the high scoring numbers like last year-give these guys a few games together in new positions.Ploch is right on target and pretty quick.If Dayton did not fumble or miss a perfect td pass in the red zone the score could have been 56 pts.easy last week.The new FW qb better bring some wheels as the purple wave is coming.#65 & #45 have been beasts thus far.

Sorry liltex, but your wrong. The FW posters have not convinced me of anything! The FW football team on the other hand, has shown me over the last three years that they are a very competitive, well coached group. By watching the games, not the FW fan posts, I have also learned that the type of offense they run gives Dayton's defense fits. Dayton has had trouble defending the pass for three years now. I don't think anyone can dispute that. Even a total HOMER!

If you read my post a little closer, you would understand that I was being fecisious. By predicting another FW victory I was predicting the Broncos to have success in the palyoffs again. Ha Ha Get it?

Does this mean I think the Broncos can't beat FW? Of course not. I will be right beside you, yelling louder than you, for my Broncos. And although it may be sound boring, it should be a close game.

But if you want the Homer post, how's this: 13 years ina row/playoffs.CoachStewart is the greatest thing-21347 yds/passing.Only 2t/ds allowed goBroncosno stoppingThem!!!

Honestly, canes, this thread was getting a little boring with all the it should be a good game bullcorn.  So hopefully, between now and Friday we can add a little fire to the thread.  I'll do my part by saying that the entire Friendswood community will spend a few days whimpering in the fetal position after they watch their team get dismantled in Bronco stadium.  Furthermore, the broncos will lay such a whipping on the mustangs that Friendswood's entire roster will have to enter counseling for post traumatic stress disorder.  And finally, if it hasn't been said, DAYTON FOOTBALL IS BETTER THAN FRIENDSWOOD FOOTBALL.

What ever, feel better?  Have a good week. Any reccomendations on where to eat prior to the game?? I am practicing the fetal position so gotta go!

This is the hidden content, please

Check out the above web site later this evening...

I will post directions to the game from Friendswood, places to park (if you get there early enough) and my recommended places to eat.

What ever, feel better?  Have a good week. Any reccomendations on where to eat prior to the game?? I am practicing the fetal position so gotta go!

Ohhh Franks. That place was dang good. You can still get food there. (if you are a horse or cow), Well FW fans the Branding Iron is dang good but my favorite Dayton food is the "Rooster" at the Cow Palace. (BBQ chicken baked tater)

or dogs, cats, ducks, chickens, goats, pigs, and fish as well

Incorrect info-Location is where the mexican art/pottery/landscape materials are owned now by Lambright.Dayton farm/ranch is next door.Hohrines Shell gas/bait & tackle was east neighbor.Mom worked waiting tables 13 years @ Franks,I played football w/Frank Jr. oh the memories of Taylor Hall in Pasadena,Tx. Roy Head,BJ Thomas,Roy Orbison,Marty Robbins,Jerry Lee Lewis,Otis Redding.Old fart yes I'm getting there slowlyyyyy  ::)

Right on hiway 90 only walking distance from the visitors side is the Branding Iron and you will feel at home as there are metal art work horses on the wall and the food is about good as it gets as famous Frank's Cafe has been gone for years.It was the cadillac of Steaks and fresh seafood and the coldest draft beer in a frozen mug in the oyster bar,with great pie name your poison.Darn I miss that.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    PressBox Stats
    Newest Member
    PressBox Stats