*Ozen vs. Memorial Updates/PAM ROLLS!

KFDM COOP

Did James White play?

no he's hurt but with a beating like this he wouldn't of made much of a difference...just think about it if ozen couldnt win last year with three division 1 signees what makes people think they are going to win with none...i keep saying it ozens talent has gone down they dont have many athletes there

I give credit to Memorial.  When Central played them last week, I didn't see a bad team.  They improved greatly since the PN-G scrimmage.  You never know.  Maybe they will be able to compete with WB for #2 in 21-5a!  Great win from the boys from 'da trill'.

8)  all they gotta do is get that offense together

I give credit to Memorial.  When Central played them last week, I didn't see a bad team.  They improved greatly since the PN-G scrimmage.  You never know.  Maybe they will be able to compete with WB for #2 in 21-5a!  Great win from the boys from 'da trill'.

8)   all they gotta do is get that offense together

Trust me, Memorial have proven to me they can move the ball when we played them last week...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ashworth32
    Newest Member
    ashworth32

• Regardless of the offense, kids need a reason or purpose to play football. Normally, for most kids, football is something they genuinely enjoy playing, because most players won’t be suiting up on Saturdays. At the end of the day, the most successful teams have kids and coaches that genuinely love the game and get joy and fulfillment playing it.  Vidor’s two current biggest issues are the lack of appeal to play the game and a lack of community support. The offense has been the same for years, and Mathews did a great job of getting the kids and community behind his teams year in and year out. Vidor’s whole identity was being a team you hated to play because you knew you were in for a long physical night. That made the game fun for the kids who played, and they took a lot of pride in it. Currently, I would argue that the toxic attitude of the community towards the offense and Dubois in general is the biggest thorn in the team’s side. The need for instant gratification from fans is what is fueling it all. When the players go home or out in the community and hear: how bad the offense is, how bad the defense is, or how bad the coaching is, the players will begin to lose pride in the program, and the game is no longer fun. This leads to discipline issues and players quitting. Vidor has lost their identity and Dubois and the offensive scheme isn’t the culprit. The Vidor community needs to leave their objections of who they hired at the door and let the man work if they wanna be successful in the future. 
    • We will see i heard they pretty dam good 3 losses but all to great teams
    • Yes. May have been Jimmies. What I’m seeing is a lot more teams going back to more ‘traditional style’ offenses. These things go in cycles, and it’s very difficult for all but mega schools to consistently find QB’s who can really be effective with a true spread type offense year in and year out. I’d venture to guess most schools have an outstanding QB that can win a game almost on their own only every few years if that, and that’s what you need for the ‘high flying’ spreads. So coaches go for the O’s that they can groom the majority of kids to be successful running, and take advantage of the superstar’s skills more within that O when they get them.
  • Topics