* West Brook vs. Central Updates/BROOK WINS A CLOSE ONE!

KFDM COOP

Central really had the Brook defense on the field most of the night.  They just could not get some breaks.  Flags and Fumbles seemed to haunt the Jags.

Referees had a very bad night working together as a crew.  Although is was poor on both sides, the penalties were quite expensive for Central.

WB dodged a bullet while Central will have night mares wondering about the missed opportunities.  All the fans got their monies worth seeing lots of good atheletes in our community.

I am officially declaring my support for the Jags for the rest of the season.  I am glad WB does not have to see them again. 

classy post, weebegone you alright with me ;) Congrats to the bruins, officially the best in BMT. You've got my support. You'll make the playoffs. Two heavy weight champs slugged it out and WB came up victorious. But man if that kid catch that post pass :( It would've been interesting :) Good game Bruins. Proud of my Jags, you all did good. Jags will be alright ;D

was it better than the WB vs Ozen OT game a few years back...that was classic

About the same.  That game in 2004 was back and forth.  Both offenses moved the ball at will.  Last night's game was a defensive struggle.  Different type of game, but great football, nontheless.

If the kid have caught that ball, he would have ran to paydirt.  My question then would have been our shakey special teams and if we would  have converted.  This game showed us that we need to have a talk with our long snapper and a talk with our QB and WR.  The QB did good in dumping passes off to RB's but did not pass much to the WR's.  There were times when the long guy was open and he threw it short.  He isn't scanning the field.  Receivers, when you are thrown the ball, lets make the catch and quit worrying about what you will do after you catch the ball.

was it better than the WB vs Ozen OT game a few years back...that was classic

About the same.  That game in 2004 was back and forth.  Both offenses moved the ball at will.  Last night's game was a defensive struggle.  Different type of game, but great football, nontheless.

If the kid have caught that ball, he would have ran to paydirt.  My question then would have been our shakey special teams and if we would  have converted.  This game showed us that we need to have a talk with our long snapper and a talk with our QB and WR.  The QB did good in dumping passes off to RB's but did not pass much to the WR's.  There were times when the long guy was open and he threw it short.  He isn't scanning the field.  Receivers, when you are thrown the ball, lets make the catch and quit worrying about what you will do after you catch the ball.

I agree soulja, I'm also thinking about his decisions are being made a little too slow. He seem to hesitate when plays breakdown. He is a decent QB if he irons out these kinks. he has potential. That #17 showed he has hands. He snagged a pass on the side line that looked to high. Refs called him out though. The potential is there. Too many plays to back field players, too few to Wideouts. I saw single coverage alot. My Jags didn't exploit it. WB did a great job though. Hats off to the Bruins. ;D

He pulled it in with 1 hand.  It would have been pretty had it counted. 

Absolutely....that was a phenominal catch, but it was out of bounds. We too, had some problems on special teams with the two missed FG attempts. But again, the Jaguar defense managed to hold us to just 32 yards rushing.....great defensive effort Jags. Man I got to tell ya, if we had last years offense with this years defense, we'd be pretty dang good. ;)

WOW!!! What a game. I hadn't seen that kind of hit in a game in very long time. Central defense really took it to West Brook. If it wasn't for a few bad snaps on punts, I don't think West Brook scores. I really feel Central outplayed West Brook, just a few key turnovers hurt them. I have to get West Brook defense credit, they really made a lot of big plays and game save tackles. Since this is the first time I've seen Central Offense, I'm little undecided about it. Its missing something, but I can't put my finger it.

TO WESTBROOK AND CENTRAL THANKS FOR A GREAT GAME

WB has sure tacklers for sure.  Our RB had plenty of open fields where one player made a great tackle.  The first play of the game had TD on it for Central but it was stuffed # 15, I hope that kid is alright because he did not return after a third quarter collision!

There were so many good plays by WB defense... There were so many big hits by the Jags...  Reyes is fats but he got hit too hard too many times.  Great tackle on the last long run for Central, coach needs to tell that kid you can't stiff arm a player behind you, you lose your balance!

Beaumont West Brook 14, Beaumont Central 8 - Final

Beaumont West Brook Overall: 2-0  District: 0-0

Beaumont Central Overall: 1-1  District: 0-0

Boxscore

Friday September 4, 2009 7:00pm

1 2 3 4 Total

Beaumont West Brook 0 7 7 0 14

Beaumont Central 0 8 0 0 8

Scoring summary

BWB -- Jeremy Cooper 2-yard run (Dominick O'Neal kick), 3:28, 2nd.

BCT -- Christopher Baloney 6-yard pass from Donte Wilkerson (Keenan Holman from Brenan Jackson), 0:41, 2nd.

BWB -- Bruce Reyes 2-yard run (Dominick O'Neal kick), 6:50, 3rd.

Team Stats

Beaumont West Brook Beaumont Central

Total yards 235 293

First downs 14 10

Rushes/Yds 24/32 33/199

Average rush 1.33 6.03

Comp/Atts 15/24/1 12/22/1

Pass yards 203 94

Comp pct 62.5 54.55

Punts 5 3

Punting Yards 181 91

Punting Average 36.2 30.33

Fumbles/Lost 2/1 1/1

Penalties-yards 11-85 10-80

Beaumont West Brook

Passing

Name Comp Att Pct Yds TD INT

Bruce Reyes 15 24 62.5 203 0 1

Rushing

Name Att Yds Yds/Att Long TD

Jeremy Cooper 9 12 1.3 10 1

Bruce Reyes 12 15 1.3 15 1

Percy Johnson 3 5 1.7 4 0

Receiving

Name Rec Yds Yds/Catch Long TD

Jeremy Cooper 1 4 4 0 0

Roydrek Jackson 4 83 20.8 36 0

Reggie Begelton 1 1 1 0 0

Denzel Jackson 2 37 18.5 24 0

Jacoby Brown 1 10 10 0 0

Jalen Malone 3 17 5.7 0 0

Julian Stevens 3 41 13.7 36 0

Beaumont Central

Passing

Name Comp Att Pct Yds TD INT

Donte Wilkerson 12 22 54.55 94 1 1

Rushing

Name Att Yds Yds/Att Long TD

Nijel Daw 14 81 5.8 15 0

Keith O'Neal 9 87 9.7 50 0

Damon Heard 2 8 4 0 0

Donte Wilkerson 7 22 3.1 0 0

Jacoby Collier 1 1 1 0 0

Receiving

Name Rec Yds Yds/Catch Long TD

Nijel Daw 3 18 6 9 0

Keenan Holman 2 21 10.5 13 0

Christopher Baloney 3 21 7 9 1

Keith O'Neal 3 27 9 9 0

Damon Heard 1 6 6 6 0

WB has sure tacklers for sure.  Our RB had plenty of open fields where one player made a great tackle.  The first play of the game had TD on it for Central but it was stuffed # 15, I hope that kid is alright because he did not return after a third quarter collision!

There were so many good plays by WB defense... There were so many big hits by the Jags...  Reyes is fats but he got hit too hard too many times.  Great tackle on the last long run for Central, coach needs to tell that kid you can't stiff arm a player behind you, you lose your balance!

I agree totally. The kid gets an (A) for effort but he should have tucked it away and start first and ten at that point.

That was a nice run that would have put us in the red zone.  To me, it appears that he tried to switch the ball to his left hand and stiff arm with his right arm.  I don't know if he dropped the ball or the WB defender poked it away.  

WB has sure tacklers for sure.  Our RB had plenty of open fields where one player made a great tackle.  The first play of the game had TD on it for Central but it was stuffed # 15, I hope that kid is alright because he did not return after a third quarter collision!

There were so many good plays by WB defense... There were so many big hits by the Jags...  Reyes is fats but he got hit too hard too many times.  Great tackle on the last long run for Central, coach needs to tell that kid you can't stiff arm a player behind you, you lose your balance!

That was a nice run that would have put us in the red zone.  To me, it appears that he tried to switch the ball to his left hand and stiff arm with his right arm.  I don't know if he dropped the ball or the WB defender poked it away.  

He should've covered it up with two hands and went down. One of many mistakes the Jags made. I must say Washington has to be happy, all the mistakes they made are correctable, and they are obvious. Cut down on the mistakes and I see us repeating last years success. ;D

Real good game!!!  #15 for WB was the def. player of the game!!! He was a monster before he went out..

I saw him on the sidelines in the third quarter after he came out. He was obviously in pain. THe WB trainer had a huge ice pack on his left knee. I'm not sure what the prognosis is, but I hope he's not too seriously hurt.

One of the Best Games ive Seen sice the Central vs Angelton Game..

Definetly Got my Moneys worth..Yall have a Fast Hard Hitting Defense..The QB could never hit the sideline and when he did they had 4 or more players coming..

I guess Beaumont has alot of Fast Ath..Brook had some nice speed on D to..Hopefully this two teams get better from this Game..Cant wait to see Central in the Play-offs :D

I truly believe that if Central had correct their mistakes, west brook would have not score.

I also believe that..Not to take anything from WestBrooks Offense..But They only scored off of turnovers in the Jags Territory..They never drove the Field..The Jaguars D is once again Aggressive and fast and flys to the ball..

The Secondary is the Achilles heal of that Defense..Just Bad Mistakes that hopefully they will correct..

I truly believe that if Central had correct their mistakes, west brook would have not score.

I also believe that..Not to take anything from WestBrooks Offense..But They only scored off of turnovers in the Jags Territory..They never drove the Field..The Jaguars D is once again Aggressive and fast and flys to the ball..

The Secondary is the Achilles heal of that Defense..Just Bad Mistakes that hopefully they will correct..

Over 200 yds in Da air.....our young Line missed blocking assigments in the ground game....we settle for field goals twice and tried to run the clock out before the Central missed catch.....which,  by the way, IF we count the "IF's" in this game we'll never determine the winner....THIS IS FOOTBALL....you throw the 'what IF's' out and take it on the jaw...14-8 WB...."NEXT!"

Over 200 yds in Da air.....our young Line missed blocking assigments in the ground game....we settle for field goals twice and tried to run the clock out before the Central missed catch.....which,  by the way, IF we count the "IF's" in this game we'll never determine the winner....THIS IS FOOTBALL....you throw the 'what IF's' out and take it on the jaw...14-8 WB...."NEXT!"

You ain't hear me say nothing about what ifs... ;D ;D

Just the peeps that start playing the game from the missed catch...I'm certain the kid is a sensational athlete, but to put the loss all on one play....Central has tremendously gifted receivers...the backs are awesome....better yet they are a great team....sometimes coaches have to determine what they want to exploit before a game...with district play closing in, you have to think how you can win, but not show too much.  Ahhh, the average fan doesn't know that, might as well jump on the thread an fart...it may make more sense. :D :D

Just the peeps that start playing the game from the missed catch...I'm certain the kid is a sensational athlete, but to put the loss all on one play....Central has tremendously gifted receivers...the backs are awesome....better yet they are a great team....sometimes coaches have to determine what they want to exploit before a game...with district play closing in, you have to think how you can win, but not show too much.  Ahhh, the average fan doesn't know that, might as well jump on the thread an fart...it may make more sense. :D :D

This makes plenty since. Last year the 4 round playoff run was way more satisfying than anything. And they did a few things I didnt see during the season. I'm sure the kid catch that play more than he misses it.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Castaway57
    Newest Member
    Castaway57