Comp/Atts                 20/35/0                           10/16/0

Pass yards                   279                                  233

Comp pct                   57.14                                62.5

Punts                           5                                      1

Punting Yards              153                                   43

Punting Average          30.6                                   43

Fumbles/Lost              3/2                                   4/3

Penalties-yards           7-64                                11-125

WF on offense.....pick up of 13......WB defense snuff out the pass.......no gain on the play......play action deep.....pick up of 41 yards for the Mustangs to the Bruin 7.......pass to the endzone....incomplete.....3rd and 6 for the Mustangs......incomplete......FG attempt is.......GOOD! Westfield 24 West Brook 0. I think I just threw up in my mouth! END OF THE FIRST! :P

funny...made my day.

Westfield is a huge school. They reload well year after year. Their depth is unreal and they are one of this area of state's most consistant teams. For some reason they can't seem to make it to the top. It will always be difficult for the Beaumont area teams to compete with schools in the Spring, Cy-Fair and Katy areas. The numbers are just too big. IMO!

The Katy schools are not much bigger than West Brook, neither are the Fort Bend ISD schools.  A lot of it comes down to coaching and discipline.  While the West Brook offense in years past has been good enough to compete with the bigger, better schools, their defense never has been.  Then you add this year, when the offense is young and gaining experience, along with a usually bad defense, West Brook is going to struggle.  They will be better next year.

The Katy schools are not much bigger than West Brook, neither are the Fort Bend ISD schools.  A lot of it comes down to coaching and discipline.  While the West Brook offense in years past has been good enough to compete with the bigger, better schools, their defense never has been.  Then you add this year, when the offense is young and gaining experience, along with a usually bad defense, West Brook is going to struggle.  They will be better next year.

There is no comparison to the number of players to pull from in the Katy ISD vs Beaumont ISD. Don't know anything about Fort Bend schools. I have kids, family and friends that have played sports in Katy, the Spring area, Beaumont and other Houston area schools. There are differences with the number of players and facilities. Have you been to the Westfield's freshman campus? It's as big as the WB, PAM and the Baytown schools. I'm not knocking WB as I wish them well. I will knock your knowledge of HS ball if you are questioning the coaching and the discipline that WB has. You'll even have some non-WB fans argue with you on that one BooBoo!!

Keyer Sore,  your a stand up comic, or just delusional.  WB has yet to play defense in the Stump era, last night is just another example.  Everytime they play a team thats well coached and has athletes thats what happens.  Stump is a great offensive coach, he has no input on the D.  Since he has been there he has had some great offenses, this year is not one of them, and when he needs the Defense to step it up and carry the team, they will not be able too.  I don't know what program you've seen the last several years, but when they play good competition they give up tons of yardage and points.  If your feathers are ruffled because you can't play defense then get mad when I point it out, then the next two weeks will not be good for you either. 

Katy ISD has 6 high schools with the largest having nearly 2,900 kids.  The smallest has just above 2300 kids.  WEst Brook has over 2400 kids.  Katy ISD don't have open enrollment, Beaumont does, so there again maybe your the one who don't know whats going on.  Maybe Beaumont schools are the ones with the advantage.  When you stop feeling sorry for the situation in Westbrook, and stop making excuses for last nights game, along with the next two weeks then I might listen.

Looks like you need to re-evaluate what you know about football.

Keyer Sore,  your a stand up comic, or just delusional.  WB has yet to play defense in the Stump era, last night is just another example.  Everytime they play a team thats well coached and has athletes thats what happens.  Stump is a great offensive coach, he has no input on the D.  Since he has been there he has had some great offenses, this year is not one of them, and when he needs the Defense to step it up and carry the team, they will not be able too.  I don't know what program you've seen the last several years, but when they play good competition they give up tons of yardage and points.  If your feathers are ruffled because you can't play defense then get mad when I point it out, then the next two weeks will not be good for you either. 

Katy ISD has 6 high schools with the largest having nearly 2,900 kids.  The smallest has just above 2300 kids.  WEst Brook has over 2400 kids.  Katy ISD don't have open enrollment, Beaumont does, so there again maybe your the one who don't know whats going on.  Maybe Beaumont schools are the ones with the advantage.  When you stop feeling sorry for the situation in Westbrook, and stop making excuses for last nights game, along with the next two weeks then I might listen.

Looks like you need to re-evaluate what you know about football.

I thought I was alone in my observation of the lack of defense WB has played in the Stump Era.....

in my opinion westbrook has good discipline i know they are kids on the team that are good athlethes but are not playing for because of no discipline its several factors leadership, tradition, the coaching situations has been terrible across the board the ones post durley era did not do a very good job of keeping tradition going

Guest knoddyknod

Westbrook hired Coach Bonvillian from Nederland. Since Bonvillian has left Nederland, our defense has actually stepped up played with more aggressiveness than they have in the past few years. So, I don't know if there's any correlation, but it would be in Stumps best interest to go out and find a good quality Defensive Coordinator. Westbrook has the athletes to have a good defense, they just need a coach that has the ability to set up a good program. I think Stump likes being the main cog.

I keep hearing everybody ragging on our defense. I'm telling you, our defense this year has been better than its been in years past. The problem is, we dont have an offense that can keep up. Aside from the WF game last night, we had only given up 8 points in two games. Our offense is not up to going toe to toe with any of the premier teams in the state, and it was obvious of that last night. WF beat us on several big plays last night. Very seldom did they have a long, sustained drive that produced points. Stump is a smart guy, otherwise he wouldn't be where he's at. Also, we are very young. Out of a 52 man roster, only 20 are seniors, and 5 are sophomores. There are only one or two seniors that are starters. THat should tell you that experience is being gained for next season. Yes, we're gonna lose some games this season, but we'll end the season with a winning record.

Who was at the game???  We had 1 out 5 of our O-Line starters...we still ran the ball...if your looking at the Beaumont's surprise stats on the ground...who ever was there saw Coop run the ball (Beaumont Surprise marked nothing)...for some strange reason the QB scored on runs of 65 yds and 19 yds(rushed about 10-13 times that evening, was sacked 2 or 3 times....for a total loss of nearly 100 yds (WT$F?)...that made our offense look bad...I don't know who all from this thread was at the game(I KNOW OUR BAND, CHEERLEADERS, AND DRILL TEAM WERE MIA)...GEES WE HAD TO LISTEN TO WESTFIELD FREAKIN CLICKER!! I guess there band don't know how to keep a beat...Anyway, we got our rear handed to us...I wish  it could have happened with our starting O line....our secondary just blew out our rears...with one DB missing...we played like we were missing all our secondary....We better put it back together this week or else I'll call coach stump and we'll protest to start midnight practices M-Thurs!!! :D :D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ashworth32
    Newest Member
    ashworth32