*West Brook vs. Westfield Updates..67-35 Westfield Wins/Comments*

KFDM COOP

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, WF was a very good team. When you play very good teams, they have an ability to make decent teams look very bad. Thats what they did to us. I wasn't at the game, but I listened to it on the net. Even though both announcers were WF homers, it was quite obvious that we had some key personnel missing. Truthfully, we aren't to the point where we can compete with some of the more seasoned 5A programs yet. Heck, we didn't really start moving the ball until the second half, and by then, they already had a 40+ point lead. The only reason we started scoring points was because their second and third string players were in the game.

I fully expect Stump to have the boys focused for the Ike game, and hopefully vent some frustration out on them. This will be our last realistic chance for a "W" before district starts.

Keyer Sore,  your a stand up comic, or just delusional.  WB has yet to play defense in the Stump era, last night is just another example.  Everytime they play a team thats well coached and has athletes thats what happens.  Stump is a great offensive coach, he has no input on the D.  Since he has been there he has had some great offenses, this year is not one of them, and when he needs the Defense to step it up and carry the team, they will not be able too.  I don't know what program you've seen the last several years, but when they play good competition they give up tons of yardage and points.  If your feathers are ruffled because you can't play defense then get mad when I point it out, then the next two weeks will not be good for you either.  

Katy ISD has 6 high schools with the largest having nearly 2,900 kids.  The smallest has just above 2300 kids.  WEst Brook has over 2400 kids.  Katy ISD don't have open enrollment, Beaumont does, so there again maybe your the one who don't know whats going on.  Maybe Beaumont schools are the ones with the advantage.  When you stop feeling sorry for the situation in Westbrook, and stop making excuses for last nights game, along with the next two weeks then I might listen.

Looks like you need to re-evaluate what you know about football.

Hey BooBoo! Didn't mean to hit a nerve. Not a comic nor delusional, have no feathers to be ruffled, never said anything about defense and I do not feel sorry for any situation in Westbrook. I'm making no excuses for any game . As a matter of fact I do not know anyone on the Bruins team. I think West Brook has a good program. I'm a fan of many sports of many schools. You made a comment about coaching and discipline so I sounded off. Once your feathers get unruffled tell me how one would re-evaluate what they know about football. I am so eager to learn.

Keyser, that's fair.  I don't have any affliation with WB or any other team, I just made an observation.  I think WB has a good program, and Stump is a good coach.  I still think they don't play good enough defense to beat any decent team, and don't have the offensive firepower to outscore anyone this year.  They will make the playoffs in a weak district and be satisified.

On the point of undisciplined.  I don't help that a kid got in multiple fights the other night and they didn't take him out.  But my whole point was missed tackles, blown coverages, misalignments, dropped passes, so on so forth.  I wasn't calling anyone thugs, I don't think WB has those type of kids.  Undisciplined means much more than fighting, you have to be disciplined, esp. on defense and do all the little things right.  They don't do that!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ashworth32
    Newest Member
    ashworth32