Eisenhower at West Brook/Ike wins 27-25/Comments

Best HS football game i have seen in many years.  Definitely the Brook made it the game of the week.  We came out of the field houset in the 1st quarter like we did not know what hit us.  I thought it would be a long night.

Da Brook recovered enough in the 2nd to get their focus back and gain a little momentum at the hALF AT 14-3.

WB Offense became more explosive in the 2nd half and actually started wearing down the Ike defense.

WB defense then decided that they could hang and started making some great plays with exception of one long run up the middle. 

I am going to leave the 4th qurter for the SGT Reye.  He should have the floor on that quarter ---but Little Reye was awesome as he led the offense down the field several times with his running, execution of plays and passing. 

I am proud of this young team and saw them mature very much tonight.  I am sorry time ran out.

Best HS football game i have seen in many years.  Definitely the Brook made it the game of the week.  We came out of the field houset in the 1st quarter like we did not know what hit us.  I thought it would be a long night.

Da Brook recovered enough in the 2nd to get their focus back and gain a little momentum at the hALF AT 14-3.

WB Offense became more explosive in the 2nd half and actually started wearing down the Ike defense.

WB defense then decided that they could hang and started making some great plays with exception of one long run up the middle. 

I am going to leave the 4th qurter for the SGT Reye.  He should have the floor on that quarter ---but Little Reye was awesome as he led the offense down the field several times with his running, execution of plays and passing. 

I am proud of this young team and saw them mature very much tonight.  I am sorry time ran out.

Bump--there seems to be some interference so I bumped my post. ;)

Kings of Beaumont go down to and young Ike team with a new coach(didn't know that).  Ike turned it off after going up 14-0.  I was there and saw the whole game.....

I don't know what game you were watching, but Ike didn't turn off anything. Also West Brook is a younger team than Ike. The Bruins put forth a great effort but came up short. If we can cut down on the mental misstakes and blown assignments, this team will be pretty dang good. I think West Brook would be better defensively if they switched coach Jones to defensive coordinator. We need to attack more and blitz our linebackers.

Kings of Beaumont go down to and young Ike team with a new coach(didn't know that).  Ike turned it off after going up 14-0.  I was there and saw the whole game.....

I don't know what game you were watching, but Ike didn't turn off anything. Also West Brook is a younger team than Ike. The Bruins put forth a great effort but came up short. If we can cut down on the mental misstakes and blown assignments, this team will be pretty dang good. I think West Brook would be better defensively is they switched coach Jones to defensive coordinator. We need to attack more and blitz our linebackers.

You reallt have to wonder what the DC is thinking.  How many short slants do you give up before you move the dbs up?  It also seems like we always play outside coverage.  Did they hit anything deep all night?

Tough one to swallow...but we go into the week and have to work harder...this one is over...it was a good game.

As for the 4th Qtr, we saw this team mature tonight....look for a good week of practice...and yes the boys have been looking at Katy since December!!! 

SF85, sorry bud...you can't take the Heart out of this team... 8)

Great effort by the Bruins, I saw the improvement I had hoped to see from last week.  Great demonstration of growth by remaining tough when we went down 14 - 0 and not allow the failures from last week effect tonights effort or moral.  And better demonstration of growth and maturity by competing the way they did the second half.

So much for the 28 to 32 point beatdown.  I suppose those lowly Bruins from the worst District in the Greater Houston area can compete with some of the Houston 5A schools after all.

i wasnt there because i had to work but my friends say ike could have won by 30 and wb only made it look close by scoring late against 2nd teamers

Not true.  Ike failed to put Brook away when they had the chance.  Brook never realy stopped the short slant and Ike went away from it.  Brook hung around and caught fire with key drives and costly turnovers by Ike late in the game.  This thing got interesting. 

Ike's QB is the real deal.  Late in the game, he broke like 4 tackles en route to paydirt.  But those pesky Bruins answered right back.  If only that last 2 point conversion have converted... 

(I know those so call true bruin fans that left with 5 minutes left in the 4th quarter were kicking theirself in the butt ::)  )

i wasnt there because i had to work but my friends say ike could have won by 30 and wb only made it look close by scoring late against 2nd teamers

Not true.  Ike failed to put Brook away when they had the chance.  Brook never realy stopped the short slant and Ike went away from it.  Brook hung around and caught fire with key drives and costly turnovers by Ike late in the game.  This thing got interesting. 

Ike's QB is the real deal.  Late in the game, he broke like 4 tackles en route to paydirt.  But those pesky Bruins answered right back.  If only that last 2 point conversion have converted... 

(I know those so call true bruin fans that left with 5 minutes left in the 4th quarter were kicking theirself in the butt ::)  )

;D ;D I was one of those people that counted the brook out. Good game bruins, I was really pulling for you guys. It wasn't looking good. I heard a few Bruin fans leaving say it would be a miracle fot yall to make the playoffs. I think yall will make it. Keep on improving. good luck bruins

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Zachary Latham
    Newest Member
    Zachary Latham