Breaking News-Ch.13 reports N.Forrest High School in Lockdown

liltex

Guest Ranger83

Neighborhood gunfire causes lockdown at North Forest High

By DALE LEZON and ERICKA MELLON Copyright 2009 Houston Chronicle

Sept. 25, 2009, 11:34AMShare

Gunfire near North Forest High School has forced a officials with the North Forest Independent School District to lock down the campus.

The shooting began about 9:40 a.m. in a neighborhood near North Forest High, which is located at 10725 Mesa Drive, Houston police said.

Police are in the area searching for the person with the gun.

I work at Dayton's junior high.

Last week our girls played North Forest in volleyball.

The team showed up in t-shirs with numbers taped to them.

We lent them some jerseys to play the game in...

You really got to feel for the kids in that district.

The adults are so inept in that area that can't be trusted to run the everyday aspects of the district.

Just a sad situation.

This a really bad situation. I don't know about everyone else but it's to the point where I really dont my or anyone else's kids going over there to play any sports. The first time we went over there after they changed our District they had the cops there arrestting some kids for stealling some gym equipment. And I am not joking. The coach was out there saying that he was going to have to start keeping things on the roof.

I really think the district should look into not playing any games at their place. This has gotten seriously out of control. Football is a real emotional sport as it is and then you put this kind of pressure on top of it. Our KIDS should not be subject to this type of situation........

This a really bad situation. I don't know about everyone else but it's to the point where I really dont my or anyone else's kids going over there to play any sports. The first time we went over there after they changed our District they had the cops there arrestting some kids for stealling some gym equipment. And I am not joking. The coach was out there saying that he was going to have to start keeping things on the roof.

I really think the district should look into not playing any games at their place. This has gotten seriously out of control. Football is a real emotional sport as it is and then you put this kind of pressure on top of it. Our KIDS should not be subject to this type of situation........

What is really scary is taking junior high kids over there and leaving at night.

It is ashame the kids of that district live everyday in that mess.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Split Down The Bayou
    Newest Member
    Split Down The Bayou