*Dayton vs. Goose Creek Memorial Updates...Dayton Wins/Comments*

KFDM COOP

I'm sure we'll see Ranger here to eat his crow a little later....observations from the game...

WHY DID GCM CONTINUE TO TRY AND RUN THE BALL??  The running back was pretty good with some good moves....gained most of his yards during garbage time though.  Dayton's defense was too stout for him to get it going.  The passing game was there on a couple of occassions but not used as much as I thought. 

Defensively I thought it was a pretty good plan to try and contain the run but putting 8 men in the box agaist Dayton....ARE YOU NUTS??  Didn't take a real long time to figure out the pass was there for the taking....FYI....Xavier Franks cannot be single covered.  Nice adjustment there in the second half to go to the two deep but the run game just wore you down. 

GCM beat a district team 55-0??  REALLY??  Definitely improved over last year and you do have some talent there at the skill positions and some speed.  What's with all the pushing and shoving; the little receiver 25 I believe on the 2nd half td run threw a shot well after the whistle.  The LDE with a push on the second to last Bronco TD drive.  2 Personal Fouls for unsportsmanlike conduct and at least 2 more that weren't called.  C'mon take you a-whooping like a man.  Don't talk to me about the late hits out of bounds either.   Please....so you're telling me you're going to run out of bounds inside the 10 with no time left in the first half.....

It does not taste like fajita nachos!

The Goose was not ready for prime time. I thought we had moments, but could not finish drives. The inability to score in the 3rd, after the fumble, sealed the game in my opinion. I'm not going to question our coaches, it's just not my place to do so. We are better than last year, but not quite over the hump. The ultimate goal is still in our sights. Time to put this one behind us.

You guys have a quality team. I wish you the best of luck the remainder of the season.

Here's my question: Wether you thought it was a penalty or not, how did the half end on a defensive penalty? I know what we were told, (time had expired, yada, yada, yada) but what would have happened if it was the end of the game?

Don't sweat the crow ranger, I've eatin a whole damn flock of those things over the years...... ;D  It's all in the fun to smack talk a little.  You could be in mine and BHFAN's shoes this morning having to give props to our coaches.....man does that suck. 

Dayton in no slouch, not that I ever thought they would be.  Been seeing that dancing horse for way too many years to expect anything but an aggressive hard nosed, high flying team.  Just wished BH coulld draw them a little earlier, so maybe they would make more mistakes.... ;D  Good win Broncos........

This game was pretty much what I expected only they got taken to the wood shed and popped few extra times for trash talkin, (ala Ranger 83), but he was just "funin"....The Dayton , BH game will be "the game"....and it looks like Dayton is hitting on all cylinders and the BH Quarterback has matured really quick...That kid is the real deal........Both teams have excellent  QB's.....

I'm not going to question our coaches, it's just not my place to do so.

You guys have a quality team. I wish you the best of luck the remainder of the season.

Here's my question: Wether you thought it was a penalty or not, how did the half end on a defensive penalty?

Haha what is this board all about? 

You guys do as well...the final score doesn't really reflect your talent. 

I didn't understand that either....maybe the rule is different in HS for the end of the half??  IDK on that one....college or pro the half can't end on a penalty as far as I know.

Guest Ranger83

I am hearing that GCM is going 5A next year with Lee dropping to 4A.  Anybody confirm?

No. Both will absolutely be 4A. GCM does not have 2,000 students as of yet. Maybe 5A in 2012.

Guest Ranger83

What part of town is GCM located anyway?  

West? of I-10. (Towards 1942). The school is located on the corner of Wallisville and N Main. Our attendance zone includes those newer homes on 146 near Mt Belvieu (Country Meadows, etc...not Pinehurst, that side is RSS). Most of the "growth" (for lack of a better term) is in the GCM zone.

Guest Ranger83

Does GCM get any of the kids from McNair?

Yes. But it's not like the good ole days. Highlands Jr is our only "true" feeder junior high. We get parts of Gentry. The 8th grade at HJS has about 750 kids this year. THAT'S where the growth will come from.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Split Down The Bayou
    Newest Member
    Split Down The Bayou