Silsbee @ Jasper/DOGS WIN ON LATE TD!/COMMENTS

Silsbee had gained 40 yards the whole night on the ground.  Their receivers had been going over the top of the shorter corners of Jasper at will in the 2nd half.  They called what had been working.

I agree Hup. But with only 2:45 left in the game, Jasper with one timeout left, Silsbee on the Jasper 32, 1st and 10, IMO getting yards should not have been the priority. Running the clock should. Even if Silsbee would have netted zero yards in three running plays, they could have at least run off a minute and 1/2 of time before punting the ball and making Jasper use their last timeout. Worst case scenario would have been Jasper starting from their own 20 with 45-55 seconds left in the game. From what I saw from Jasper's offense that night, no way they get down the field in that amount of time with no timeouts left.

Like Forest Gump would say, "That's all I got to say about that".

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Silsbee had gained 40 yards the whole night on the ground.  Their receivers had been going over the top of the shorter corners of Jasper at will in the 2nd half.  They called what had been working.

I agree Hup. But with only 2:45 left in the game, Jasper with one timeout left, Silsbee on the Jasper 32, 1st and 10, IMO getting yards should not have been the priority. Running the clock should. Even if Silsbee would have netted zero yards in three running plays, they could have at least run off a minute and 1/2 of time before punting the ball and making Jasper use their last timeout. Worst case scenario would have been Jasper starting from their own 20 with 45-55 seconds left in the game. From what I saw from Jasper's offense that night, no way they get down the field in that amount of time with no timeouts left.

You are right though.  That deep in Jasper's territory they should have been feeding it to Barnes.  And you are also correct that Jasper wasn't moving the ball in big chunks in the game much less the 2nd half.

Over the top and jump ball are two different things.  A jump ball, trusting the athlete to go get it, works 50% of the time. Jasper was due on that play.  But hey...It was what it was. They are who we thought they are.  You cant change it now.

A HOLE NEW SEASON STARTS ON FRI.  Internal charactor is built from the ground up. You can chose to lay down on the ground level or fight to get to the penthouse.

Win Rocky Win! ;D

If i remember correctly we did have a decent gain on first setting up 2nd and 6 or seven before the sack setting up 3rd and long. I know players make mistakes but the number of close losses we've had the last few years beginning with the loss to west columbia have me really questioning our coaches ability to win them or to just win a game against teams with equal talent.

Any football mind keeps the ball on the ground and you dont even make an exchange. With 3rd and I dont care how long you run the qb and then on 4th you let the play clock run down the full 25 and then punt. This does not take a genius. IF Jasper calls TO to stop the clock then they have used the last one. This game was to be won not lost. Fess up somebody, somebody made a boo boo. Own up and move on.................... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Guest Silsbee88

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Silsbee88

I heard someone say yesterday

Jasper didnt win Silsbee lost that game..

Was not at the game, was in Houston at a conference..... I did listen here though.

Jasper won that game in the sense that the reciever that caught the winning pass for a TD had to have really really wanted to win and had to have great concentration!

Silsbee lost by giving them that opportunity!  The Silsbee players played their tails off!

It's amazing how WOS fans can analyze their game and they are called whiners, yet I see some of the same analysis here that we stated on our thread and noone has been called a whiner or excuse maker.  I'm glad you can look at the games and see what needs work, etc.  That's all the rest of us want as well.

Guest Silsbee88

It's amazing how WOS fans can analyze their game and they are called whiners, yet I see some of the same analysis here that we stated on our thread and noone has been called a whiner or excuse maker.  I'm glad you can look at the games and see what needs work, etc.  That's all the rest of us want as well.

Who would you say is whining???

No one from Silsbee has said that Jasper didn't win the game.  Jasper wanted it, had the talent, had the time, had the plays, had the heart and stole something that was rightfully theirs. 

This year, how many times have a few WOS fans rang up a topic on their teams game play?  10-15?  This is the 1st for Silsbee and we would prefer to have no more.   

Who would you say is whining???

I didn't say anybody was whining.  That's my point....Silsbee fans are analyzing their games, just as WOS fans analyze theirs.

Because Jasper kicked the snot out of Wos for 48 minutes. Silsbee fought like heck and could have won and probably deserved to win..but I will give Alvis credit, great composure the last minute and great catch..

Because Jasper kicked the snot out of Wos for 48 minutes. Silsbee fought like heck and could have won and probably deserved to win..but I will give Alvis credit, great composure the last minute and great catch..

And there you have it............

:D Please

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    PressBox Stats
    Newest Member
    PressBox Stats