What was the biggest upset ever in MCM?

I don't know that it was considered an upset by everyone but in 1998 all the papers and most people didn't believe we could win but won 28 - 7. This was Dustin Long's junior season and he had been very successful passing all year to the Coburn twins. Ned pretty much came in to stop Long and the Coburn's, we ran most of the night and Bo Wortham had one of his better games of his career. Pretty much saw a replay of the same situation next year with Wortham again being the deciding factor. Those are the only two years of Neumann vs. Burnett that I felt Burnett outcoached him.

I remember a game in 1992 or 93.  Nederland had just gone out and hired a young up and comming coach who said he would revive the "Black Knights of the Neches" , teams from the 1950's era.  Just before game time, the doggies changed uniforms to all black and ran out ready for a fight.  Final score PNG 56 Ned 0....  Bobby August was gone soon after.

Guest Brubaker

I remember a game in 1992 or 93.  Nederland had just gone out and hired a young up and comming coach who said he would revive the "Black Knights of the Neches" , teams from the 1950's era.   Just before game time, the doggies changed uniforms to all black and ran out ready for a fight.  Final score PNG 56 Ned 0....  Bobby August was gone soon after.

You call that an upset?

I would say, the 99 game, Nederland had that elusive district championship in sight, and PNG dominated them.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    janaxad4
    Newest Member
    janaxad4