• Optionally enter a message with your report.

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ashworth32
    Newest Member
    ashworth32

• The rumblings of a stagnant offense have been around for a long time.  Started a few years before Coach Mathews retired.  The rumblings were masked cause of how liked Coach Mathews was and is. As far as the community being toxic or kids hearing how bad it is.... That is false.  People are still showing up on Friday nights to watch football.  Kids are still suiting up to play on Friday nights.  People have not lined the halls of a school board meeting demanding coaches be fired.  People are not putting up signs in their front yards saying fire coaches.... etc.  All people are wanting is some kind of change... and when is that such a bad thing?!?! Kids aren't hearing how bad the team is from supporters... they hear that on social media from other kids in different schools.  Kids are smart enough to know that they are behind the times when it comes to the offensive scheme.  Kids watch other programs and what they do on offense and wonder why they can't do that?!?!?  Why can't we practice passing plays?!?!? Etc... and after a while kids do get fed up and say screw it, I'm not playing football anymore... IT IS NOT FUN running the same 3, 4, 5 plays.  You are right when you say Vidor has lost their identity and I do not believe Dubois is the coach to bring that identity back.  Many, many, many years ago the great Coach Dan Hooks was interviewed before a Vidor game... can't remember his exact words but it was something along the lines of Vidor is going to punch you in the mouth repeatedly and you'll know when the game is over that you played Vidor...  Vidor went on to beat WO-S that night in Vidor. Vidor needs that coach that will lite a fire under your or lite your a$$ up for messing up.  Vidor needs that coach that will go to absolute war with you.  Vidor needs change!
    • Couldnt have said it any better sir. Dubois needs to find a way to get community and player buy in and let the rest work itself out
    • I fully agree, agreed with it in the post after, different formations will also cause hesitation so backers cant just shoot a and b gaps and just blow plays up before they have a chance to develop 
    • Just ask Cleveland.  They didn’t bring their A game and lost 70-10 to Splendora.  You just never know. 
    • I have only 2 teams I care about...Silsbee Tigers (Class of 1974) & Beaumont West Brook....every Friday is another game to get a win....by the way, I'm a San Francisco 49'er fan for life....
  • Topics